PDA

View Full Version : HELP! my s14 slowly pulls to the right. any idea what it is?

uLmighty
09-19-2010, 04:30 PM
when i took my car to get it aligned at pepboys they couldnt fix my caster or camber which i forgot between the two which one. two of my friends who are semi mechanic and one HONDA mechanic guessed it that my lower control arm on the passenger might be bent or broken. On the front left tire i have a 4 finger gap between the tire and the fender while on the right side i have a 3 finger gap.

Big Zee
09-19-2010, 05:39 PM
^ the gap could be from the springs being worn, or you let fat chicks ride shotgun haha.

crawl under and inspect your lca's, if the passenger side is bent you'll see some stress marks. broken you'll defintily notice it.

stock suspension or coilovers ?

uLmighty
09-19-2010, 05:42 PM
^ the gap could be from the springs being worn, or you let fat chicks ride shotgun haha.

crawl under and inspect your lca's, if the passenger side is bent you'll see some stress marks. broken you'll defintily notice it.

stock suspension or coilovers ?

i have a stock suspension lol. if it is my springs, i might as well go for coilovers soon then

Big Zee
09-19-2010, 05:45 PM
coilovers will help adjust your camber in the front. if you slam on the brakes hard do you get a shimmy ?

uLmighty
09-19-2010, 05:50 PM
i dont think i slammed my brake that hard but no i dont get shimmy when i slam my brake. but i was told that i would have to change my shocks soon when i got my car tho which was like 5months agO? and i put in about almost 8k on that car now LOL

btw when i reverse and turned the wheel all the way to right the tire hits the fender on its back and it makes a noise like a grinding noise.,

Big Zee
09-19-2010, 05:54 PM
that would be a tire rubbing, spacers is the quick fix for that, if you do, make sure their hub centric otherwise it'll feel like your tires are unbalanced.

theres not much suspension componets in the front. try getting it aligned somewhere else. maybe pep boys has high school kids that don't know ? or lazy guys that don;t care and wanted to go home.

second opinion always helps, and if they say the same, get them to isolate why they cannot adjust your car which in turn will help you get the proper parts to fix it.

endlessboost
09-19-2010, 07:40 PM
^ First off theres no way to adjust caster on stock tc rods.
Secondly if they can't fix camber then the stock eccentric bolts are seized and not allowing to change camber.
Check for bent arms and blown bushings first. The pulling to the right could also be caused by low tire pressure.

codyace
09-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Take it to another alignment shop

nightwalker
09-20-2010, 05:03 PM
unevenly worm tires, ride height and tire pressure differences will cause pulling. So will 1 degree of caster or camber difference from side to side.

uLmighty
09-20-2010, 06:42 PM
i changed the tires. the front ones r new and the back ones were like 2-3months old so they kinda new. i got the alignment done at PEPBOYS 2x. before the alignment it would pull the right like after 2-3 seconds that fast but after the alignment it woulndt pull that bad anymore but it still pulls to the right tho.