PDA

View Full Version : Lets all be careful

twitchy
08-11-2003, 10:30 PM
I am not going to preach, we all know speed kills and the like but I would like to relate something. Last night a guy I know from cruise night was killed in a motorbike accident in a parking lot when he lost control trying to stop from a wheelie and slammed approxamately 120 kmh into a steel door frame on a bank. His bike hit him as he hit the building. I helped get the bike off his body and he died shortly afterwards with about 50 of his friends watching, unable to do a damn thing since we werent sure if his neck was broken and no one thought we should move his head to let the blood which was overflowing from his mouth drain. His pulse went to zero within about 30 seconds and he was pronounced dead on the scene about 3 mins later. Massive internal trauma was the culprit, although his helmet did its job, a T shirt wasnt going to stop his organs from being crushed.

As you can imagine this sent shockaves through the small community where I live, but I just want to give everyone the same wake up call I got last night, when I watched my friends accident from about 20 feet away and saw him gasp for air and die right in front of me. It was so close that I got sprayed with oil and gas from his motor busting open.

Speed Kills, it can happen to anyone, its not worth the cheering and hoots when it kills you and NO ONE is invincible...Life is very very fragile, especially out of control at those speeds.

Jason- May God watch over you now

Everyone else, online, my friends, people on Zilvia, wherever, please drive safely, I wouldnt wish it on anyone to have to see what I saw last night.

AutoDestruct
08-11-2003, 10:43 PM
I am glad you brought this to us, to help remind. So often the hard truth of reality is romanced and sprucced up. The brutality of these images are the cold truth. Death is always around the next corner. We must be careful, and not take what we have for granted.

Thank you.

azn_romeox
08-12-2003, 01:22 AM
Condolenses go out. People need to watch out and try to be as careful as possible.
-Ron

mrmephistopheles
08-12-2003, 02:51 AM
Sucks to be that guy. I have no sadness for him, though. He knew the risks associated with what he was doing. He just chose to ignore them.
You do something stupid and you run the risk of getting hurt.
Young + reckless often = dead.

Bill Roberts
08-12-2003, 07:20 AM
Well I have sadness for twitchy and I am very sad that one of the 50 did not intervene to perhaps take some pressure off this guy and maybe change the mood there so the show-out would not have happened in the first place.

The whole blame game cannot be placed, the driver did it upon theirself...but often times, friends and gathering excite folks into doing something they would not do otherwise.

The track has the same dangers.

It is a sad day for all involved....only lesson to learn is be the nerd and don't show out for your gang. perhaps being more nerdy and saying take it to the track...well nothing would have stopped that short of hiding his keys.

You never know what is going on inside someones head.

Nothing I or anyone else will say, will change what happened.

Twitchy...seek some professional guidance. This needs to be dealt with professionally. We really can have nightmares over such an event.

I can name two events I have not fully gotten over...one was 35 years ago...a fool huffing anti-persperant...died in my arms. I had no idea what was wrong with him until his friends told me what he did. I was only 9..he was only 8. Just plain stupidity.

So sorry you had to witness this twitchy...unfortunantly, everything happens for a reason.

240GURL
08-12-2003, 02:54 PM
My condolenses to you, thats a horrible thing to witness. My buddy just wrecked his bike (he was sitting on the gas tank trying to do a stoppie), but he got lucky, just a fractured foot/broken ankle. Its stories like yours that wake me up when I thingk I am "cool" enough to try to do a stunt on my bike, so I guess thanks for the wake up call.