PDA

View Full Version : Wiring harness

Kaigentino
09-16-2010, 10:13 AM
What wiring harnesses will I need for the s13 Silvia front conversion? (headlights, corner lamps, etc). Where can I get these?

I've done some research, but I'm still left confused..

ATXRB
09-16-2010, 11:28 AM
If I'm not mistaken you are just going to have to cut and rewire your current headlight wires to suit the silvia set up. everything is there (high's, lows, turn, park) its just arranged differently. I don't know what type of headlight plugs the silvia takes but you can usually get a variety of them at local auto parts stores. It also never hurts to try google.

Kaigentino
09-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Ah I see.. It was just confusing, whether or not I'd need a jdm wiring harness or it was plug and play with te current wires that my 240 has.

Thanks so much, I'm also using google but if there is any other information you'd like to contribute I'd be more than grateful :)

ATXRB
09-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Thats all of the info i have which is why i suggested google. someone on the forum might know more about it but sometimes people can be a bit abrasive if they think you asked a "stupid question". i am always down for sharing any info i might have on any subject. You should find out what blub type the silvia light takes. if you have a book for your 240 look at the wiring diagram and see which wires do what for your head lights. buy the correct headlight plugs for the silvia housings and wire them to your 240 harness.

projectRDM
09-16-2010, 06:04 PM
99% of the time your lights come with plugs. Cut and rewire. Very, very simple.