PDA

View Full Version : E Brake and Spongy Brake Pedal!

Vicious Beaner!
09-16-2010, 09:33 AM
Ok so yesterday i changed my brakes pads because the other ones were
really low. after i installed them correctly just as how i took out the old ones, i then pressed in the piston from the caliper with a C Clamp. The Piston went in nice and smooth. no trouble at all.. After i take my car for a spin. the brake pedal is too soft. and the car stops but car lenghts after. They dont respond good. I did a little research and people just say try bleeding them? Just wanted to get more opinions from peple if they have experienced this before. ! Last time i did my friends brakes i did the exact same routine and his worked fine.

Also when i rip my ebrake only my rear right wheel locks!? The left 1 just doesnt stop the wheel. all lines are hooked up and even tried ajusting the ebrake. and nothing?? my guess is that the ebrake spring on the left rear caliper is not retracting enough for the caliper to squeeze onto the brakes?

let me know with what you guys think. Would Gratly Appreciat the Help Guys! Thnks!

Okinawandrifter87
09-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Bleed them. Its a must.

Sam_Well.13
09-16-2010, 09:38 AM
yes, bleed them completely. Just to assure you there is no air bubbles in any lines.

Okinawandrifter87
09-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Make sure you do it in the proper order. Just remember the Z pattern starting from the rear passenger side first.

Vicious Beaner!
09-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Make sure you do it in the proper order. Just remember the Z pattern starting from the rear passenger side first.

yeah ill definately try that ina little bit.
thanks.
any one bout the ebrake? lol

Vicious Beaner!
09-16-2010, 07:27 PM
ok so i bled all 4 calipers in the oder they go. from furthest towars the top. and i get constant flow on all of em. and feel stiff when the car is off but when i turn it on the pedal doesnt feel as stiff as i would want it to! it feels like it laggs at stops. it doesnt stop that qucikly!? any ideas???

Sam_Well.13
09-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Brake pedals are always gonna be stiffer when the car is off because the engine is off and there is no relief on the pressure. Pump you brakes while the car is off and you will feel the brakes will get stiffer, then hold the brakes when you start the car and you will feel it release pressure.

But anyways, if anything your booster could be going bad.

Vicious Beaner!
09-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Brake pedals are always gonna be stiffer when the car is off because the engine is off and there is no relief on the pressure. Pump you brakes while the car is off and you will feel the brakes will get stiffer, then hold the brakes when you start the car and you will feel it release pressure.

But anyways, if anything your booster could be going bad.

hm yeah cuz i mean i bledthem correctly im sure a bunch of times, and no air. just constant flow continously. also when you guys bleed brakes is the cap of the reservoit suppose to be off or on?? cuz i leave mine on idk if that makes a difference.

so you think it can be the booster? what about the Master Cylinder???

Luvs2slide
09-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Bleed the brakes again w/ the cap off. Start with rear wheel thats farthest from the master cylinder. You must keep an eye on the reservoir fluid level. If you don't and let the fluid get low, it will introduce air into the system. If you don't do it right, you're wasting your time.

How are you bleeding them?

lazysk8er2
09-18-2010, 05:32 PM
u probably have a leaky caliper if your bleeding them "correctly". even if it doesnt show leakage the seal could be blown when you compressed the piston to replace the pads. the outer seal may be fine but the inner seal could be shot.

donando
10-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah...the other day I was going around this round about and my pads actually dropped out of the caliper. I'm not sure how common that is.