PDA

View Full Version : screwed by s14eddie

drftem
09-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Ok well i had my s13 posted up for trade. this guy s14eddie pmed me asking if I would be interested in trade for his subaru wagon. I decided to entertain the offer and asked a few questions. such as is smog due is registration paid he said smog isnt due till febuary of 2011 and registration was paid. I went through with the trade but when he brought down the car from LA he forgot to bring me a few items that were suposed to come with the car such as an ipod touch the stock exhaust and the tow setup. we agreed that I would drive up to longbeach and be at a friends place friday the 10th of september. So on the 7th I went to the DMV and was told smog has been due and he never paid registration and due was 78 instead of the 30 transfer of title fee. and to complete the transfer of title it needs smog. If I new these prior i would have made it a stipulation that he must get it smogged prior to the trade as I did for the 240sx. I tried to contact him via the cell number he gave me and it is no longer in service. So i e-mailed him through the e-mail link on here and sent him multiple im's on here. I recieved no response and went to long beach and heard nothing from him. so now im stuck having to handle smog myself and have been screwed out of some parts. If anyone on here knows this guy please suggest he keeps his word.

240sxftww
09-12-2010, 12:09 AM
you do know the title states where he lives right?

pay that guy a visit! =]

Sam_Well.13
09-12-2010, 12:59 AM
Well usually the new owner is the one responsible for the smog, unless the prior owner had smog the car, it is valid for 90 days. after that. its not due for 2-3 yrs FROM THE SAME OWNER unless it is sold. When he said its not due till FEB. That means under HIS name. But i see where you're coming from, you smog yours to be transfer ready. and the parts also. Sucks. but it is what it is now. And the reg isnt that bad. I had to pay $174 for mine. I think the Transfer fee had gone up lately. but yeah. His address is on the car registration/title.

drftem
09-12-2010, 12:10 PM
no his info isnt on the title. he got the car from another member on here and he said he registered the car and was waiting on the new title but he still had the title from the original owner. seemed fishy to me but figured whatever. he never did anything the whole time he owned the car. so it looks like this guy just scams people all the time. all though he did write his address on the bill of sale along with his dl#. Maybe I will pay that address a visit.

240sxftww
09-12-2010, 06:24 PM
ahha, yes do soo ahha.

you do know that you cant get a new pink unless its been smoged right? maybe thats why he gave you the previous members title.

really? i thought ca law is the original owner is the one that needs to get it smogged. if the owner cant somehow get it smogged they would have to tell the new owner why, if not say sold as is.