PDA

View Full Version : Nextel

Nissan240SX
08-09-2003, 11:00 PM
Just sorta curious to see who all has Nextel service. I have nextel and love it except for I loose service in a certain part of Kansas. I am sure if you live in Kansas or Near there you know what part that is.

Just trying to figure out who has nextel and what not seing as how my contract is almost up and what plan and phone I should go with next.

Thanks
Chris

Andy5
08-11-2003, 11:03 PM
i love mine, its just that they don't have towers or what ever to reach were u are. i lose my service in the middle of IL, but i'll have 4-5 bars in northern, southern, eastern, wesetern, IL i dunno but i love teh Direct Connect, and i refuse to switch, i love the serivce :)

nsany(atl)
08-12-2003, 07:31 AM
I'm in the same boat, had the service for 3 years and couldn't do without the DirectConnect. Anyone have the national 2way plan?

Nissan240SX
08-12-2003, 08:20 AM
Well I am going to stay with them but I am not for sure if I am going to stay with the plan that I have or not. I have free incoming calls, unlimited Direct connect as well as 300 cell minutes.

What about the rest of you ?

camppain
08-12-2003, 09:35 AM
Nextel right huurr baby!

Service is great cust service has always been good. reception is great (except when I was @ camp Pendelton) but in Chicago and Nc its perfect.

nsany(atl)
08-12-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Nissan240SX
Well I am going to stay with them but I am not for sure if I am going to stay with the plan that I have or not. I have free incoming calls, unlimited Direct connect as well as 300 cell minutes.

What about the rest of you ?

You need to upgrade, there are alot better plans than that now. I have free direct connect, 500 + min, free nights and weekends, text msg., and a few other freebies. Go to your nearest corporate, repeat corporate store and ask if there is a better plan than what you are currently on.

West
08-12-2003, 01:22 PM
I dont see what the benifit of Nextel is? Whats so good about direct connect?

azn_romeox
08-12-2003, 01:32 PM
Direct connect just seems like a business type of service to me. Direct connect looks like a CB walkie talkie type of service. the guy you want to talk to has some type of code you program it into your phone. Then you press a side button and talk. THats what my friend has i think.

Nissan240SX
08-12-2003, 09:33 PM
nsany(atl)
Thanks for the info. I shall go and take a look and see what all is around for me to get now.

WeST

The service is awesome you never get dropped calls and you really don't ever loose service unless you are in the middle of know where. And by that I mean MIDDLE of know where. As for the direct connect feature it makes getting ahold of people a lot easier. As well as its cheaper. Do to the plans that allow unlimited direct connect. Which means talk as long as you want. And with the new technology there is no long distance charges with direct connect. Which of course means cheaper yet.

Andy5
08-13-2003, 12:23 PM
They are tough phones,hard to break, i dropped mine so many times w/o breaking it, i even dropped it off a roller coaster "about 80 feet up" just left a scratch on the flip part. dropped it from my car doing 35, "don't ask" :-p got real scratched up but still worked. then i sat on it why it was flipped open :( Broke the flipoff completely! Beleave it or not it still works! Just gotta use speaker phone hehe. They last a lot longer than those cheapo nokia's, and sprint phones.

I've never had a complaint about billing, all around good service.

If it wasn't good, you'd have a commerical that has that guy that says. "Can you hear me now?" Because if u did your phone is broken, or your out in no were. that ? should never be asked if u own a nextel :)

:bowdown:Nextel:boink: :p

xS1LV1Ax
08-14-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by nsany(atl)
I'm in the same boat, had the service for 3 years and couldn't do without the DirectConnect. Anyone have the national 2way plan?

I've had nextel for the same amount of time. I got it when my dad first started working at the Headquarters in Reston, VA. GOD BLESS THE FRIENDS/FAMILY PLAN!!! I usually never have a problem with the service. The one thing that sucks is that My house, Only my house, is a dead area. 0 ServicE!!!:bash: . Oh well. I have nationwide direct connect but i havent been able to try it. Anyone really far away from Washington DC trying to give me their Private ID so i can see if it works??? hehe
As for the customer service, its great. The cool thing is that if they are bad, i complain to my pops and they will get a complaint directly from the company..hehe.