PDA

View Full Version : CA 1989 Nissan 240sx track car

schoolzin
09-05-2010, 04:38 PM
For sale is my 1989 Nissan 240sx track car. I began this project 5 years ago and now no longer have the time to dedicate to it. Please do not even bother to read any further if you plan on buying a stock, street legal 240sx. This car is NOT street legal and will be sold as such. You will not be able to smog or register this car without a significant amount of work. Again, this is a track vehicle not registered or intended to be driven on public streets. That being said here, is a description of the car and the parts that are either on or included with the purchase. Please be aware also that I am not parting out this car. I unfortunately do not have the time to part it out and therefore will need to sell it as a whole.

General Description:
This is a 1989 Nissan 240sx SE. I purchased this car bone stock five years ago and slowly began to replace many of the parts in preparation for making it a track and autocross car. I purchased the car with 155,000 miles and have only put a dozen or so miles on it while I have owned it. The car was charcoal when I purchased it, but I decided to strip it down, primer it and spray it with a flat black automotive paint. The paint is better than your typical "rattle can" job, but it is still a little rough in some places. The car has the original KA24 E SOHC engine and runs very strong. I had the clutch replaced as soon as I bought it. Basically, I bought a nice decent driver with a strong engine that had never been in any accidents and decided I was going to make it into a race car for track days at Buttonwillow or Streets of Willow. The interior has been stripped (and I do mean stripped, including much of the sound deadening material to make it lighter). There is no dash, no seats other than the driver's seat, and not other accessories or interior panels. I do have some of the interior panels that can go with the car, but they seem pointless for a lightweight track car. Also, this car has no power steering or AC compressor. I removed both of these items in an effort to lose weight....all of the associated hardware and lines for these items have also been removed.

List of Modifications completed and on the car:
Engine:
KA24E
OBX Header (new)
Megan racing straight pipe (new)
Circuit Sports Aluminum Coolant Reservoir (new)
Injen Cold Air Intake with Injen water bypass valve/filter
New Drive belt
Magnacore spark plug wires (new)
New valve cover gasket
Newer fan clutch

Brakes:
Rebuilt/ painted 300zx twin turbo four piston brake front/ TT two piston brakes rear
300zx Brake master controller
300zx rotors front/ rear
300zx parking brake assembly (needs adjusting)
PDM front and rear stainless steel brake lines (new)

Suspension:
Megan racing track coilovers (new)
Megan racing rear upper adjustable control arms (new)
Megan racing rear adjustable lateral links (new)
300zx rear aluminum uprights with brand new, real Nismo bushings
Circuit Sports front aluminum strut tower brace
Nissan front control arms (new) with Nismo bushings and new ball joints
Ichiba front 5 lug hub conversion with 60mm studs
Front tension rods rebuilt with Energy Bushings
Megan racing tie rods (new)
300zx rear five lug conversion
Circuit Sports aluminum subframe bushings
Progress rear adjustable sway bar (new, uninstalled)

Wheels/Tires/Misc:
5 Zigen FNO1RC (new) 17X8 front/ 17/9 rear
Kumho Victoracer (rears new) 225/45/17 front, 255/40/17 rear
1995 Infiniti J30 Limited Slip Rear Differential (uninstalled)- this year J30 does not require different axles and will bolt on, I never had time to install it
Nissan 180sx rear taillight garnish
Odyssey PC 680 light weight battery and aluminum cover
Original Pignose 240 lip in good condition (also flat black) (uninstalled)

I'm sure that I have forgotten to list a few things. Please feel free to email me @ [email protected] if you have any questions. Please realize that I am selling a car that is going to meet the needs of a very small group of people. Please do not email me unless you know what you are looking at. This is not a street car, this is a dedicated track/ autocross car. I have a lot of time, blood, and sweat put into this so please do not insult me by lowballing me or trying to get me to part it out. If you are looking for a nearly done track car that basically only needs a harness, a muffler, and a cage if you so choose, then this might be ideal for you. You could have this car ready for the track in a weekend with those few things and a good race alignment. Also, since this is not registered (it has been PNO'ed every year though so there are no penalties against it) you WILL NEED A TRAILER TO MOVE THIS CAR. The car could get you home, but not legally.

Car is located in the Fresno/Clovis area.

jzepol1985
09-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Put an asking price so you dont get lowball'd