PDA

View Full Version : Turn signal turns off when I brake.

S13 Matt
09-04-2010, 11:18 AM
For a while now my left turn signal will turn off when I brake in my S13. I have search on here, google, and anywhere else for a solution.

I have tried changing every light bulb on the car, that did not work. Then I change the turn signal switch twice, and that also did not work.

Another strange thing is when I step on the brakes the left turn signal on the cluster will light up very dimly. Has anyone had this problem? Or no where I should start looking?

PS. I have also check and changed all the fuses for new ones.

davirene
09-04-2010, 12:25 PM
You have poor grounds.....Check them....clean them and seal them up with some spray.....

I LUV MY S13
09-04-2010, 12:32 PM
its your wiring, you have a short somewhere

S13 Matt
09-04-2010, 05:31 PM
If I take out one of the bulbs in the left (drivers side) brake lamp it goes away. So I guess I will have to start tracking the short from there.

zylvia213
09-07-2010, 04:01 PM
yup has to be a short. Be patient and go through the hardness and get your self an FSM for wiring diagrams. Its going to be something really stupid watch. check link below might help you out
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/290700-s13-chassis-wiring-master-list.html

projectRDM
09-07-2010, 04:53 PM
What is a hardness?

To narrow it down, unplug the master plug on the back of the light, if the problems goes away it's on the back board of the lamp, if it doesn't it's in the harness.

VQMaxFan
09-09-2010, 04:42 PM
What is a hardness?

To narrow it down, unplug the master plug on the back of the light, if the problems goes away it's on the back board of the lamp, if it doesn't it's in the harness.

this.

Its probably the board, all of the s13's with shorts in the brake light circuit Ive worked on were in the board.

dr.klawn
09-09-2010, 05:46 PM
this.

Its probably the board, all of the s13's with shorts in the brake light circuit Ive worked on were in the board.

mine was the sockets on the board.... if u have access to a junkyard, then go find other nissans & get the sockets & change them out.

zylvia213
09-09-2010, 09:26 PM
What is a hardness?

Oh sorry teacher for my spelling... :mrmeph: