PDA

View Full Version : S13 HUD with RB25 NEED HELP!!

Sergio180sx
08-26-2010, 06:47 PM
ive been looking but cant find anything.....i have a coupe with HUD and a rb25 swap with rb25 tranny but the rpm and mph is not reading right...what must i do to get it perfect some ppl say ka speend sensor, then some say z32 speed sensor, then some say it has to be re calibrated :smash: please help me cause its kinda annoying lol...

Thanks guys!!

sleeper108
08-26-2010, 06:50 PM
I've always heard it needs re-calibration. The z32 speed sensor SHOULD work with the RB tranny, and then its just a matter of wiring and re-calibration.... GSXRJordan ought to know for sure, and so will a few others.

Sergio180sx
08-26-2010, 06:58 PM
I've always heard it needs re-calibration. The z32 speed sensor SHOULD work with the RB tranny, and then its just a matter of wiring and re-calibration.... GSXRJordan ought to know for sure, and so will a few others.

thanks man!! ill ask gsxrjordon too and see what he has to say

Sergio180sx
08-27-2010, 12:34 PM
does anyone else have any input or past experience with my issue???

repda916
08-27-2010, 12:56 PM
you have to use the speed sensor for that cluster .
you having a ka HUD would mean ka speed sensor.
now if your trying to get the temp gauge to work you have to use what ever
type of motor that cluster is for (Shoc=single cam sensors, dhoc=dual )

EDIT: i didnt see you had a rb25 trans. you can just use a 300zx(z32) NON Turbo Speed Sensor

Sergio180sx
08-27-2010, 07:15 PM
you have to use the speed sensor for that cluster .
you having a ka HUD would mean ka speed sensor.
now if your trying to get the temp gauge to work you have to use what ever
type of motor that cluster is for (Shoc=single cam sensors, dhoc=dual )

EDIT: i didnt see you had a rb25 trans. you can just use a 300zx(z32) NON Turbo Speed Sensor

my temp and fuel gauge work fine its just my mph and rpm's that are off but yea i guess im gonna try to hunt down a n/a z32 speed sensor yhanks alot man i appreiate the help so far guys

240Shwag
08-27-2010, 07:35 PM
HealTech Electronics Ltd. - Makers of the SpeedoHealer, GIpro, X-TRE, OBD Tool (http://www.healtech-electronics.com/)

That might work. Just find a sensor that spins in there.