PDA

View Full Version : New to Zilvia, wants to buy an S13

Sean2192
08-21-2010, 03:21 AM
hey everyone, names sean, i recently just got into the motorsports hobby and had a taste for it by attending a time attack even in my friends 350z and i absolutly love it and want to get into it more. Anyway what im more interested in is an S13. i have bought one before not knowing much and it was so rust rotted i had to get rid of it. So what im asking is, is there any places or maybe people you guys can redirect me to in the new york/northern new jersey to find a good running/good condition 89-94 240SX HB, also when i buy one what should i look for that is in bad condition that is expensive to fix so i will not run into that mistake like i did the first time. like i said my older one was completly rusted, so bad that when i jacked it up on the chasis it when rite threw it, and you can forget about the pinch welds. thanks guys.

Datenshi
08-21-2010, 08:58 AM
You could find this information easily by searching.. but I'll help you anyways.

Check the strut towers, frame rails, underneath passenger and more importantly under the driver, wheel wells, trunk, along the windshield, where your spare tire is.. and every other regular spot you'd check for rust. I might be forgetting something.. but any time you buy a car you should do a full inspection of the car.. don't be shy.

enkei2k
08-21-2010, 09:20 AM
google. craigslist. ebay. find one on the street, leave a note.