PDA

View Full Version : damn doors

dohdoh806
08-04-2010, 01:49 AM
ok i have a 98 240sx i need to know if this a common problem if so how do i resolve it..ok the other day my automatic unlock wouldnt work its a stock door system at first i thought it was stuck cuz of my kit but after really trying to open it even by manually unlocking it it still acts like its locked...ok i have determined its the actuator that unlocks my car my ?ion is how do i open it with out destroying door or inside panels...

03redTuscani
08-06-2010, 02:47 AM
How long has it been since you've used your key on the door lock? I know when my trunk release stopped working, because the shocks lost their boost, the lock was really hard to turn. It turns out, it was just a really rusty cylinder. Some WD-40 broke that up eventually.

Is the lock hard to turn? Or does it turn, but do nothing? I don't know how common the door lock actuator problem is on the 240, but it is somewhat common on other cars. I'll check around to see if there is a good way to do it on any car door.

EDIT: Okay, that's what I thought, I just wanted to confirm it on at least one car before saying it. From the outside of the car, put your key in the lock and turn it to unlock. Hold it in the unlock position and try to pull the handle to open it. It should work, otherwise we'll need to figure out another way to get the door open. Once it is open, of course, you will need to take the interior door panel off to replace the actuator.