PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching the X Games?

soreballz
07-31-2010, 05:49 PM
This rally event is a joke. Very disappointing to watch. Shitty course layout, shitty camera work, and drivers that are very confused. It's awful.

Discuss.

SleepR 240sx
07-31-2010, 06:02 PM
Agreed about the rally event. It isn't refined at all.

The other events are fairly interesting though. I love watching the Motocross and skating.

soreballz
07-31-2010, 06:06 PM
Yeah, the FMX comp was good. Step-up was kinda lame, as usual. FMX best trick was cool. Paris Rosen's half-front flip-to-back looked pretty bad. He's lucky to be alive.
The skate comps have been pretty good, too. I've enjoyed the BMX comps the most.

drivens13
07-31-2010, 06:07 PM
Course layout does suck, just wait "big air" is coming up.

soreballz
07-31-2010, 06:11 PM
^That's what I've been looking forward to the most.

Anyone catch the look on Hanson's face after his rollover? He had that "I just shit my pants" look going on.

phade
07-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Anyone noticed the Skateboard/BMX Street layout is kind of well...crap? I skateboard still and the only thing somewhat nice is the set flat set. The tea cup is a bit meh I suppose it gives those tranny technicians something to play with though but not very nice in comparison to courses of yesteryear. I feel that most of this years X is well lack luster. Previous years felt much more epic I mean have you seen the stands for the Mega Ramp and FMX events? Almost empty even in the Staples center it seems a bit empty.

Also what was up with PLG's score in Skateboard Vert? 46 for his run which had a decent amount of setup airs? I'm no huge Shaun White fan but even I feel he got a bit wronged.

soreballz
07-31-2010, 06:44 PM
I'd agree that the street course isn't that great. I dig the park course, though.

The judging has been questionable at times, especially during the skate comps.

So, rally's over. Total crap. They need to either bring back co-drivers, or let the drivers get some proper practice so they'll know the course. Or perhaps mark the course better.

I haven't heard exactly what Super Rally is gonna be yet, but I sure hope it doesn't suck.

thenooblet
07-31-2010, 07:03 PM
the BMX park was awsome and was the best so far. and the skating was a good competition. im a shekler hater because he always wins everything....i wanted chaz ortiz or nyjah huston to win

Matej
07-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Purposefully man-made rally courses are silly. People just want to see cars jump I guess.
The main reason I ever liked rally is because it is the one motorsport with the prettiest scenery.

frsh4
07-31-2010, 07:34 PM
Because of the poor course lay out the gold was one because of it. By Foust. Shouldnt he be at the next round of FD somewhere. LOL.

I really liked watching the street skate event. Hated watching the Skate best trick it was so boring.

phade
07-31-2010, 08:07 PM
Skate best trick was one of the coolest things for sure back in the day. I was pretty shocked that Shaun White just flat out bailed on the best trick comp. Deegan got pretty much screwed out of a solid shot on Gold as well for Rally. From what I hear the next rally event is like tandems (More than two on the course at I time I think? Or at least two). Big Air was decent the Super Man Front Flip was dope haha. Double fronts apparently aren't anything nowadays for big air which just shows progress is in full effect!

ZenkiKid
07-31-2010, 08:23 PM
x games in general this year kind of sucks. The LA Colosseum has to pull triple duty this year since they didnt have access to the home depot center. They were saying the reason why alot of the rally X races ended in DQ is because they ran a different layout for practice, a different layout for quals, and then a different layout again for the main event.

phade
07-31-2010, 08:52 PM
Wow...no one apparently has a working car at this point. Travis is out Ken is out. Man. All kinds of other people are having car issues as well. The one dude nailed something in the underpass and almost rolled over he looked a bit shocked. It's almost interesting? I suppose if not everyone was breaking down it could be better the jump is kind of meh at best as well. Am I far off on this opinion?

SleepR 240sx
07-31-2010, 08:56 PM
I keep waiting for Hubbinette to brake check the shit out of some one coming around that first corner of super rally haha.

Yea i'm not sure how White didn't win. I mean he pulled out a brand new trick which used to mean you essentially won due to progression but apparently doesn't count for shit now.

EDIT: hahahahahaha just noticed 3 out of the 4 finalists in the super rally final are FD drivers. Trendsetters? haha

SleepR 240sx
07-31-2010, 09:01 PM
And the flagger just waved it one lap early. X games is failing this year.

phade
07-31-2010, 09:03 PM
Was it a lap early? I don't think so if you checked out the "2 Laps to go" thing it was up there for an extra lap meaning they were on the last lap. Heck the announcer DIDN'T even notice Deegan hit the jump which he did on the 2nd or 3rd lap if I remember correctly.

SleepR 240sx
07-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Oh ok didn't notice they didn't change the 2 laps thing. Just saw that as they came across the line and was like WTF?

phade
07-31-2010, 09:09 PM
They didn't clarify that happened they went off air very quickly I guess they went 8 minutes over or so.

Streaming Online - ESPN3 (http://espn.go.com/espn3/player?id=11631#)

The above link is for Skateboard Big Air Rail. I suppose they aren't broadcasting this on TV. So check out the above link if you want to watch the event!

They couldn't have summed that event up better either "A rich man's destruction derby." Very true hah

ZenkiKid
08-01-2010, 12:25 AM
props to Brian Deegan. Dudes an all around beast. Hes probly as athletically talented or even better than Travis Pastrana. Besides all the rally and moto x metal mulisha stuff dude recently won the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series Unlimited Lites championship for short course trucks.

CrimsonRockett
08-01-2010, 02:42 AM
Watched a bit of the Rally event. Looked pretty shitty.

Just finished watching a few clips of the street skate event. Shitty course layout and all.

I remember going to the X-games over 6 years ago. No where near the same. Back then, they had some awesome layouts. Glad I didn't waste my time by going this year.

Wake
08-01-2010, 03:14 AM
Xgames rally this year was fucking GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stupid stupid stupid course! STUPID course! Dumbest layout and lap configuration ive ever seen, not to mention the fact that the drivers didnt even get to drive the course in the competition config beforehand. DUMB in my opinion
Super rally hasnt started yet but 4 cars looks pretty badass especially with the jump thrown in there. Reminds me of slot car tracks from when I was a kid.

I said this before I actually watched the super rally, I didnt think the Xgames could fail any harder at that point but when they flagged it a lap early I literally LOLed. I mean what kind of Mickey mouse bullshit organizers are running the Xgames these days?
all the courses were garbage and the judging is insanely biased, if you listen to some of the things Sal masekela said he literally says "oh the judges are going to think about it longer due to crowd response"
ummmm no judges are supposed to be impartial to everything. Yeah we have our "one more time" but we are only given the option when judges already call a tie, and there are plenty of times that chant didnt do shit.

The best part was having Tony Hawk as fucking commentator.
I retract my earlier statement of wanting to associate drifting with Xgames.

ZenkiKid
08-01-2010, 11:02 AM
x games is turning into a media thing sort of like what comic con has turned into. Its starting to lose its original flavor and appeal. I got kinda mad during the super rally final how it seemed like the Commentators were somewhat writing deegan off compared to the other 3 racers. They kept insisting that he didnt do his jump when they were hardly paying attention to him the entire race to realize he took it after sam

h2v7
08-01-2010, 11:25 AM
all the new xgames told me to do was buy a 3d tv and i dont want a stupid 3d tv!!!1

travis doubble back flip for no reason was legit tho

tricky_ab
08-01-2010, 11:26 AM
I remember when the X Games meant skateboard and BMX park/halfpipe with a mix of other random craziness. Now it's a giant sports energy commercial...

ZenkiKid
08-01-2010, 05:08 PM
ah ESPN fail. Stupid tennis game went past its alotted time now X games isnt even being televised until its done.