PDA

View Full Version : s14 climate control clicking noise

ragnarok
07-31-2010, 04:24 PM
hey guys, i was driving up the 5 freeway for about 5 hours and my climate control started making this clicking noise.

i tried playing around with the options and only the 2nd option [fan blowing forward and down] caused the clicking to stop.

after i got home i took the climate control out and saw behind that when i changed the climate control options, the control arm moving in the back kept hitting the metal bracket unless i switched it to the 2nd option. then everything would turn upwards toward the front of the car and it would be fine.

has anyone experienced this before? i'm wondering if theres any fix for it?
i tried swapping a different climate control piece and it still had the same results.

at this point i think my defroster doesnt work anymore because it just continues clicking and doesnt actually shift to the defroster setting

thanks guys!

sickmade
08-01-2010, 01:16 PM
i have the same problem with my s14 it just started to do that two days ago when i was on the frwy.

ragnarok
08-04-2010, 01:16 PM
anyone have any info on this problem?

dfitzg
08-15-2010, 08:30 PM
its the blend door actuator. Ive been having this issue for the past 3 years !

flip3d
08-15-2010, 09:06 PM
have this issue as well. the other settings work, it just clicks.

NINJASPY
08-15-2010, 09:53 PM
i just disconnected it. on my 98'

Om1kron
08-15-2010, 10:47 PM
When that happened on mine I tore the whole setup apart and re-wired it pin for pin from what the FSM says (for the DCC in the UKDM s14 Manual) and my settings are backwards for defrost and level air.

If you have it wired up properly or according to the instructions I think the chu on this instructions or some people accidentally switch some of the wires around on the mode door motor. That's where the problem is i'm 100 percent sure. unplug the mode door motor and tell if it's making the clicking noise anymore. If so let me know and I'll get a picture of my pin out.

tr0n9h
08-15-2010, 11:35 PM
me 2. and i cant fix it... o well guess its a common problem in s14

devlmaycry
08-17-2010, 04:12 PM
I had the same issue on my DCC install, and what it turned out to be on mine was a on the motor that I spliced into was supposed to be cut and ran to the DCC not spliced. Also, by the time I fixed it it had trashed my mix motor, and was clicking cuz' one of the gear post on the inside snapped.

ragnarok
08-18-2010, 03:51 PM
so you guys just drive around without a defroster? that seems to be my main concern if im driving in cold weather.

its weird because it started clicking during my drive.. so maybe something broke..

Vicious Beaner!
08-18-2010, 03:54 PM
i have a climate control sitting in my garage. working condition if anyone does need.

ragnarok
08-18-2010, 04:40 PM
its not the actual control. i tried plugging in a different one and still does same thing.. its the car

spooled240
08-18-2010, 05:10 PM
same thing happens to mine if i turn the climate control off so i drive around with the second option on even with my fan off lol

c72c
08-19-2010, 10:31 AM
its the blend door actuator. Ive been having this issue for the past 3 years !
^this

its weird because it started clicking during my drive.. so maybe something broke..
It's common in a lot more than 14s. A lot of late 90s fords have the same problem. The gears are plastic and after a while they just break.

240gtsX
08-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Heh, funny thing is that mine was been doing it ever since I got my RB put in. Weird...

Om1kron
08-20-2010, 03:14 AM
so you guys just drive around without a defroster? that seems to be my main concern if im driving in cold weather.

do you have working AC with your setup, once you remove a/c the defrost feature will just blow hot air even at the lowest temp setting without freon running through the system it will run at the coolant heat.

= foggy windows.

ragnarok
08-21-2010, 02:29 PM
on really cold nights the defroster still worked without a/c. now the vents cannot target the windshield at all since only the 2nd option works on the climate control..

maybe its easier just to have something that i can wipe the windshield with loll.

its not the biggest deal, just kinda one of those 'dont appreciate it til its gone' things

MN240sx
08-28-2010, 10:25 AM
It makes me feel soo much better knowing that I am not the only person with this issue... stinking annoying!

driftsilvias13
11-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Is there a fix for this? My climate control on my s14 seems to be stuck on the front and even when I switch it for defrosters nothing changes..