PDA

View Full Version : My s13 got hit today..

ChrisS14209
07-29-2010, 12:07 AM
Well I parked my S13 parked in front of my house and some girl hit it... I don't know what to do. I got her information and everything and contacted her insurance but im sure they are going to say its a lost because of the damage it has.. So that means they are just going to write me a check, but the car has parts in it, what should I do? Can I take them off before they say its a lost?? The estimator is coming to my house tomorrow..

Car has a Sr20det in it with some bolt ons..

Any advice?

I dont want to lose any money.

Heres a pic....

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e286/Eckountldb0y147/IMG_0512.jpg

TougeLove
07-29-2010, 12:12 AM
damn sorry to hear it man. usually with the older cars, you can offer to buy it back, but wait until they give you a check. my wife's civic hb (91) was hit and they gave her a check for the value and than she asked if she could buy it back for cheap. they sold it to her for less and she came out ahead. good luck.

rob22
07-29-2010, 12:12 AM
keep everything on your car. dont touch it.
make sure you look for 3 cars with similar modifications within your area
and show them so you can get a fat check.
they usual give you the option of keeping the car for a little less money off the check.
save the parts or part it out.

icedsole
07-29-2010, 12:13 AM
get a hammer and some wood.

do work son

shiftdrift
07-29-2010, 12:14 AM
yeah, keep the stuff on, get estimates, buy the car back, part it out/put parts on new car.

junn
07-29-2010, 12:15 AM
my cousin got hit in his ae86...was considered salvage cause of frame damage...they cut him a check and let him keep the car...ask if they could do that

shiftdrift
07-29-2010, 12:16 AM
you can keep the car, but you have to buy it back....

drift freaq
07-29-2010, 12:16 AM
Ok easy steps to follow here. First off price out what a S13 is going for in your area as they are going to total your car. Be prepared to show them what your car would be selling for so you can collect that.
Next thing is you have the right to buy the car back from the insurance company after its totaled. So find ads of your car setup the way it was and print them out.

Some insurance companies do ACV which is Actual cash value i.e. what the car is currently selling for in your area. Other companies will try and do blue book.
Hold out for ACV and have ads to back it up.

Usually when they sell the car back to you its for like 200-$300 off what ever your settlement was because they base it off what they would wholesale it to a wrecking yard for.

Then you will get your settlement minus that fee and your car back to part out. It will also then have a Salvage title.

P.S. My 1993.5 G20 got wrecked recently and I collected top dollar for it based on ACV. I got almost double what I had in it.

chiboy002
07-29-2010, 12:41 AM
kick s14 that is parked ahead of your car in similar spot, kick it very hard
push s14 back to where u are parked
trick estimator into thinking its yours
??????
profit

lol, but seriously. get the car back, part out with good prices to get it sold quick. keep what you can (front clip)

roboticnissan
07-29-2010, 12:42 AM
do not let your insurance take your car no matter what. trust me, you can keep your car and part it all out. listen to drift freaq for sure lots of good info from him

TougeLove
07-29-2010, 12:45 AM
just a heads up, you wont be able to get what you put in it unless you updated your coverage with current modifications and have receipts to prove it.

ChrisS14209
07-29-2010, 12:52 AM
Yeah she hit my S13 and then my s13 hit my s14...

miravete
07-29-2010, 12:55 AM
keep everything on your car. dont touch it.
make sure you look for 3 cars with similar modifications within your area
and show them so you can get a fat check.
they usual give you the option of keeping the car for a little less money off the check.
save the parts or part it out.

im with that guy.

check craigslist ads, and find similar s13's for sale with same/similar mods as yours.

and print out the ads

that way the estimator doesnt say,

"umm, its a 90 nissan with a muffler"

if he has something to base his "estimates" he can see the going price for your car with the mods :)

oh, and AFTER he estimates your car, ask him when theyre going to pick it up.

THEN take off the parts lol :snoop:

iLagX
07-29-2010, 12:57 AM
Bring it to 3 auto BODY SHOP!! BIG COMPANY AND GET A PRICE QUOTE AND ASK FOR A PRINT OUT..

SHOW THE INSURANCE COMPANY FOR REPAIR ASK FOR THAT AMOUNT.

KEEP THE AMOUNT AND LOOK FOR ANOTHER SHELL SWAP EVERYTHING OVER :)

DOne FRESH PAINT JOB NEW RIMS NEW INTERIOR. OR BUY ANOTHER CAR

TougeLove
07-29-2010, 01:00 AM
Bring it to 3 auto BODY SHOP!! BIG COMPANY AND GET A PRICE QUOTE AND ASK FOR A PRINT OUT..

do this if you have a trailer and a whole day lol.

most insurance companies use their guy or give you a shitty price.

510-SR20DET
07-29-2010, 01:21 AM
Ok easy steps to follow here. First off price out what a S13 is going for in your area as they are going to total your car. Be prepared to show them what your car would be selling for so you can collect that.
Next thing is you have the right to buy the car back from the insurance company after its totaled. So find ads of your car setup the way it was and print them out.

Some insurance companies do ACV which is Actual cash value i.e. what the car is currently selling for in your area. Other companies will try and do blue book.
Hold out for ACV and have ads to back it up.

Usually when they sell the car back to you its for like 200-$300 off what ever your settlement was because they base it off what they would wholesale it to a wrecking yard for.

Then you will get your settlement minus that fee and your car back to part out. It will also then have a Salvage title.

P.S. My 1993.5 G20 got wrecked recently and I collected top dollar for it based on ACV. I got almost double what I had in it.

are we talking about stock or modded s13? because stock and modded cars are being sold with different price. What if the ins company say the mods are illegal? You cant tell them "look i have SR20 swap" and ask for higher price, can you?

lawrenceyang
07-29-2010, 01:25 AM
fuck man sorry...she hit your s13 then your s14...that's harsh =p