PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park w/o RAP

NiteKids
07-29-2003, 06:45 PM
I think the "rock" guy chester on Linkin park would make an awesome solo album. Without all the other junk. He singing voice and rock voice are really good. Yep WORD

NiteKids
07-29-2003, 06:50 PM
If the rap guy mike made an album byhimself with his 3rd grader rhymes I sure no one would buy it!

Baka Sama
07-29-2003, 07:30 PM
Err... How bout no. Mike not only does some of the vocals (the rap) but he also plays the guitar. True Chester does have a cool singing voice as heard in "My December" and "Numb". But I dont think Linkin park would be as good without the both of the two. I also really like the remix they did to "crawling" on reanimation but thats besides the point.

Anyway LP is my favorite group because of how chester and mike sound together. Well.. next to N.E.R.D of course. Now thats the ****!

Warwick5s
07-29-2003, 10:22 PM
serious suckage

zero.counter
07-29-2003, 10:48 PM
Linkin who? j/k. Rap/metal/alternative/funk/jizzaked muzak. Since he decided that releasing singles for purchase on the net like Metallica and those other fools,was hindering their art and hurting their point, people have to buy the whole album with crap loads of filler and 1 good track.

He, fred durst, and godsmack should get together to form "Pop Rock-The New Awakening", and put one of those explicit lyrics labels just to get vagrants to buy the sh1t. The masses (kids) prefer to buy something deemed inappropriate or illegal anyways. That will get them sold....HaHaHa :D

Steeles
07-29-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Baka Sama
Anyway LP is my favorite group because of how chester and mike sound together. Well.. next to N.E.R.D of course. Now thats the ****!

mmm N.E.R.D. i cant wait to hear Pharells album (not sure what the heck their billing it under I think Neptunes presents..) they are amazing producers and pharell can sing his A$S off, I'd listen to a country album if Neptunes produced it! heck they've done like every other form of music. (i hear Justin Timberlakes album is worth getting just because Neptunes and Timbaland did such a phenominal job on production)

zero.counter
07-29-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Steeles
mmm N.E.R.D. i cant wait to hear Pharells album (not sure what the heck their billing it under I think Neptunes presents..) they are amazing producers and pharell can sing his A$S off, I'd listen to a country album if Neptunes produced it! heck they've done like every other form of music. (i hear Justin Timberlakes album is worth getting just because Neptunes and Timbaland did such a phenominal job on production)
True dat, he is very vocal. Have you heard him rap? He does it in a different range making him versatile. Pharell that is...Timberlake is a little weenie with loads of cash and even though those guys produced it, it's still a ladies form of music.

Warwick5s
07-29-2003, 11:05 PM
i may be deemed gay for saying this - cos i know i sure ragged on my brother when he told me about it before i listened to it - but that new justin timberlake is some pretty hot ****. or at least, the 3 tunes i've heard off of it are. it's like...a modernized version of the really funky late 70's michael jackson sh*t.

Got Sileighty?
07-29-2003, 11:17 PM
im gonna have to disagree with u zero. i like neptunes, n.e.r.d., star trak, whatever, but pharell is kinda getting on my nerves. its like hes out there just for himself. and his singing, uhhhh it aint all that. it was alright in "i just wanna love u" with jayz, but the rest was ummmmm irritating. i DO agree with warwick though, justin is pretty talented. and no im not gay....not that theres anything wrong with that :rolleyes: hehe

i say pharell and chad just keep on churning out those beats cuz its what theyre best at.

edit: i forgot to chime in on linkin park. yea it wouldnt be the same without both, even though chester IS the main guy. hybrid theory is one of my all-time favorites. the reanimation album was good too, especially track #6 there, i cant think of title right now. Meteora, ummmm pretty disappointing. o well, theyre still prolly my favorite band.

240SxTYLE
07-29-2003, 11:59 PM
linkin park = :bigok:
pharell = :bigok:

enough said... im more of a hip/hop and r&b person... but i personally think linkin park is awesome... i have all three of thier cd's (reanimation being my least fav., but still good). just my .02

method2833
07-30-2003, 12:21 AM
Linkin park without mike shindo and mr hahn=:bs:

Linkin park with mike shindo and mr hahn=:rawk:

oh and neptunes is da shiznit!!:bowdown:

warpig2003
07-30-2003, 01:47 AM
i gotta say hahn is who holds up linkin park. i used to love them alot. now i cant stand them. i have seen them twice live and i would pay to see that again. that have a great, high energy show.

now radiohead :bowdown: and tool :rawk:

S14Speed997
07-30-2003, 06:08 AM
Hahn is the shizznit...Linkin Park is so bada$$, especially the new song "Faint", that song goes OFF....

Radiohead, TOOL...and definitely Audioslave..woohoo...

And N.E.R.D. Is good stuff, that Pharrell guy is playing himself out though, he's everywhere, pretty soon he will be on Lucky Charms boxes instead of the leprechaun...

Eric

Steeles
07-30-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by zero.counter
True dat, he is very vocal. Have you heard him rap? He does it in a different range making him versatile. Pharell that is...Timberlake is a little weenie with loads of cash and even though those guys produced it, it's still a ladies form of music.

yeah thats why I like pharell/neptunes so much iis their versatility, from N.o.r.e. to to Busta Rhymes to Jay Z to Timberlake and Beyonce and god only knows who else. you can TELL it's a Neptune track but they sound nothing alike. yeah Tinberlake paid for the best prodution but I cant be mad at him for that. thats like all the cats pying Madd Skillz to ghost write for them :) (I still wish he'd put that track out with the names in it...)

DuffMan
07-30-2003, 12:12 PM
Wtf, the whiney voice guy, he cant sing at all.

He's like fred durst, but higher pitched and with even less talent.

Dousan_PG
07-30-2003, 12:23 PM
linkin park SUUUUCKS
my 13 year old brother loves it. i cant stand it. crap music

S14Speed997
07-30-2003, 12:27 PM
"Thats just like...ur opinion...mannnn.." - El Dooderinohttp://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/37/003_BIGLEBOWRP.jpg