PDA

View Full Version : KA-T Not Starting HELP !

Rnoodles
07-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Just finished t25 setup on the ka, clutch is slipping so its not creating any boost. Car just turns over but doesnt catch, checked fluids everything is good. What is the problem ? Anything to check ?

Rnoodles
07-26-2010, 08:01 AM
Where to start folks ?

smbonn2005
07-26-2010, 08:11 AM
Check spark, air, fuel. The basics.. Its not that hard. Tell us the results

j20accord00
07-26-2010, 08:25 AM
agreed. give us some more info about your setup, did you just turbo the motor that was in the car already? was it running with no problems before?

a few details will help out a lot

cleantune
07-26-2010, 08:47 AM
If you didn't touch the cams, timing chain etc;

I agree with what everyone has said, check the basics. Also make sure the car has new oil and oil filter. If your KA was sitting as long as mine while the setup was put on, it would be a good idea to add fuel stabilizer to the gas tank.

otherwise check spark (by looking at the sparkplug). May be time for new spark plugs too (colder are better for turbo engines.

One can check fuel a few ways (can smell the strong gasoline smell out of cylinder in which the spark plug was pulled from)

For spark check:
-all electrical; cap and rotor, spark plugs, etc

For fuel check:
-fuel pump, fuel filter, etc

Should be one of the things people had already mentioned on this thread,
Luckily engines are a lot easier to figure out than our women :]

Rnoodles
07-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Ok well it was just boosted, ran good for first 4 days. I believe engine is flooding at startup not allowing it to start when it does it will stall when driving, fpr the fix ?

Bboy/dorikun88
08-07-2010, 08:00 PM
could also be the injectors not closing when they should good way to test it is to unplug spark plugs and crank the engine if you c fuel shoooting up could possibly be bad injectors or bad FPR.