PDA

View Full Version : Interview Questions

ripnbst
07-23-2010, 08:11 AM
Ok so I am interviewing Monday with a fortune 500 company. I already went on the first interview and did well so they invited me back for a second interview. This interview is with the VP of R&D.

So what questions can I ask HIM to sound intelligent? I know in an interview if you don't ask any questions its usually not a good thing in the interviewer's eyes. I already have a few in mind but I was wondering if anyone else had advice.

I appreciate the crazy OT banter as much as the next guy but this is a serious question so sincere responses are appreciated.

P.S. I used google and found some ideas but I was looking for any additional input. If I get one good idea from this thread it was worth it.

g6civcx
07-23-2010, 05:19 PM
You made it to the second round so most likely you already passed the critical behaviour interview. Google "CBI" interview and see.

Each person is different so try to see if you could pick up the interviewer's idiosyncrasies and go with it.

Since you're 23(?) most likely you're interviewing for an entry-level position or close to that. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'll go with it for now.

When I interview job candidates, I would like to see intelligence, ability to understand new complex things, ask appropriate questions that should be asked, understand their role and what they could do to help the company.

I don't believe you should try to show off your expertise in an area UNLESS you are specifically hired to be an expert in that area. If you're an expert hire, then you should clearly demonstrate that you know what you're doing. If not, you should show humility but also be able to speak up if something doesn't jive with what you think it should be.

Dress well but not over the top. Be early. Follow instructions. Be confident. Show initiative when appropriate. Be confident.

That's really all you need to know. Don't try to rehearse a speech or try to be quick on your feet. Just show them that you're intelligent and can be trained.

Good luck.

gotta240
07-23-2010, 07:32 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yes. That

g6civcx
07-24-2010, 12:53 AM
To add a little more perspective since I was rushed earlier.

This is a technique I picked up when I was interviewed myself.

When I interview I would give instructions and deliberately leave gross gaps. How the person handles uncertainty is a very good indicator of how they would be as an employee.

Does the person ask for clarification (thorough)? Does the person ask for too much clarification (simpleton)? Does the person make assumptions to get the job done (depends on the assumption)?

How does the person react under pressure?

Other than that, each job is different and requires a different set of skills. It's hard to say without knowing the job and the company.

dat411kid
07-24-2010, 01:21 PM
To add a little more perspective since I was rushed earlier.

This is a technique I picked up when I was interviewed myself.

When I interview I would give instructions and deliberately leave gross gaps. How the person handles uncertainty is a very good indicator of how they would be as an employee.

Does the person ask for clarification (thorough)? Does the person ask for too much clarification (simpleton)? Does the person make assumptions to get the job done (depends on the assumption)?

How does the person react under pressure?

Other than that, each job is different and requires a different set of skills. It's hard to say without knowing the job and the company.
Good info here.

Personally I like to read recent articles put out by the company then I form my questions from that....Also research the company as much as possible and when answering questions try to form ties to company standards/core values...