PDA

View Full Version : Cosworth 87mm, 1.1mm thick headgasket

ashtonroche
07-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Everyone in the US seems to be out of these gasekts. I guess people caught wind of how good they really are. Ive been using them for a long time and need to find one. If i have to wait 2 weeks for new orders to come in then cool.

But if someone has a brand new one unwrapped that they want to sell let me know or point me in a direction to someone that might carry them on hand. So far ive tried just about everywhere that carries them.

LMK

xdumbxguyx
07-22-2010, 12:39 PM
phase2motortrend?

besTint
07-22-2010, 05:00 PM
I just got one from South Coast Subaru Performance division. 7144756450 call and ask for a guy named Ferdie. They're a authorized COSWORTH dealer and they get stuff every week from them.

SoloSilvia
07-22-2010, 09:00 PM
These are available... I had the option of getting one, but chose to hold for the "Power Enterprise" Head Gaskets, as I have heard unbeleivable results with them! So after a 3 month backorder, I hope it was worth it! lol Im in assembly point now.

But yea, regardless, good luck in your search!

ashtonroche
07-23-2010, 09:42 AM
The PE gaskets are very good gaskets as well. They are the ones Mazworx uses for their motors. Top notch gaskets as well. The PE and Cosworth that ive had side by side are very very similar in design and quality. Both have been proven to hold huge numbers. Ive been running my Cosworth headgasket for a full year, 10k miles of absolute every day torture and weekend thrashings at 20psi from the 60 trim t3 with a .82 turbine housing on pump gas. Im using Golden Eagle B16a headstuds to clamp the head down and those as well have been proven to hold 1000+whp.

I was at 450whp at 20psi and 550whp at 30psi, 30 psi seen many many many times on weekends and on the dragstrip. Again never a problem. When i went to pull the head off. The head was still very tightly clamped down and that required no retorquing of the head studs at all. Was more than impressed.

Im a Cosworth fan but have used PE in the past but still gonna stick with the Cosworth as i cant justfy by comparisons spending an extra 150.00 for the PE gasket.

ashtonroche
07-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Yeah, nobody has them. I guess i will have to wait 2 weeks until companies get their shipment in.

Unless anyone has one laying around they want to sell me. LMK

ashtonroche
07-28-2010, 06:57 PM
anyone got one?

sdrmiami
07-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I have a cometic if you want it and its yours for $80 shipped. Im not a big fan of them but i also have a 1.1mm apexi i run those on all my race motor setups and never had any issues with them. I have 1 in stock right now its $245 includes shipping and paypal fees..

let me know

ashtonroche
07-29-2010, 01:19 PM
no, sorry. Im gonna wait for the Cosworth. Worth every penny and the wait. I would never use a Cometic. Sorry

ashtonroche
07-31-2010, 07:53 PM
someone, anyone, haha. If i cant find one after I get back from Vegas in a week i might just go with the SR20VET oem metal headgasket. Also being compared in strength to the top name gaskets with better sealing around the coolant and oil passages.

But i really would like to stick with the Cosworth.