PDA

View Full Version : Inception

SimpleS14
07-16-2010, 10:21 PM
http://www.traileraddict.com/content/warner-bros-pictures/inception.jpg

Just got back from seeing this movie and I must say I really enjoyed it. Definitely recommend people check it out if you're into movies that make you think.

The previews left very little to the imagination on what to expect, plus it made me very hesitant to even go see it...but cute girl pushed me to go see it with her, so I figure 'why not'.

The movie started off very trippy and hard to focus at times, but the pace of the movie was nice with no dull moments. Great cast of actors and very interesting concept/storyline. Makes me think twice about how I dream lol

I don't want to give any spoilers, but the ending did leave me in suspense.

I plan to see it again once its out on BR to catch anything I missed.

Did anyone else see this movie yet?

dalers08
07-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Easily the best movie ive seen in years

Kougeki
07-16-2010, 10:51 PM
I wanna see it so bad! It looks like The Cell mixed with The Matrix. And cause that guy from What's Eating Gilbert Grape is in it.

s13love-green
07-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Did u see it on IMAX?

ranger240
07-16-2010, 11:09 PM
the plot is like an intro philosophy college freshman's take on Descartes that then had some smarter people refine it. entertaining movie and certainly somewhat introspective.

Kougeki
07-16-2010, 11:34 PM
^ What..?:tweak:

Homer_Simpson
07-17-2010, 12:19 AM
I thought it was great. The end got me all anxious.

travisty_
07-17-2010, 03:51 AM
Easily the best movie ive seen in years
I agree. I had seen no previews or anything relating to the movie, but my friends dragged me to the midnight release IMAX showing. Its a very intricate movie and Ill probably have to see it another time to get a full grasp.

dalers08
07-17-2010, 04:24 AM
Yeah the ending has me thinking, lets discuss!

exitspeed
07-17-2010, 08:07 AM
IGN said it's better then Dark Knight and it's Christopher Nolan's best movie. They gave it 5 stars...out of 5.

I had no interest in seeing it until I read that review. Hopefully will see it in the next few weeks.

fliprayzin240sx
07-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Fuck, I was gonna watch it on IMAX for Midnight showing. Unfortunately, I fell asleep and I had to fly back to Okinawa the next morning from Philly....

ranger240
07-17-2010, 09:12 AM
during the final scene pay attention to the clothing worn by characters, you'll get it ALOT more

Future240
07-17-2010, 09:58 AM
IGN said it's better then Dark Knight and it's Christopher Nolan's best movie. They gave it 5 stars...out of 5.

I had no interest in seeing it until I read that review. Hopefully will see it in the next few weeks.

Better than dark knight?
I can't say I've ever heard of this movie, but the above makes feel I have to see it now.

SimpleS14
07-17-2010, 12:06 PM
during the final scene pay attention to the clothing worn by characters, you'll get it ALOT more

See..this is why I have to watch it again lol I vaguely remember, but I must see it again!

ESmorz
07-17-2010, 03:38 PM
I saw it in a different state of mind last night, and I am still picking up pieces of my brain off the head floor with a figurative dust pan.

Definitely the best movie I have seen this year. Maybe in the past couple. Just rip open your brain case and let yourself absorb the whole of the movie. It was like being mindfucked by P. Diddy with a philosophy textbook.

Can't even explain the gas station experience I had after the movie. I was unsure if the events unfolding were real. Never had a movie momentarily change my perception of reality.

miravete
07-17-2010, 06:38 PM
ive seen the previews on tv (in mexico movies come out way later than the u.s. lol) and i gotta say, the movie seems weird. dont really understand the previews, and didnt make me wanna see it.

ima see it once it comes out, just to see what all the fuzz is about.

MisawaJason
07-17-2010, 07:29 PM
I wanted to watch it last night but got a little sidetracked. Probably will go watch it later tonight

koukidriver
07-17-2010, 07:57 PM
I definitely need to go see this now,lol.

punxva
07-17-2010, 10:08 PM
this solidifies my thoughts of seeing this, i was kinda on the fence about seeing it but now i def got to check it out

Om1kron
07-17-2010, 10:27 PM
if you stop paying attention at any moment you will lose track of whats happening. I was drawn into the movie and noticed everything going on. My girlfriend got lost around the end of it.

It's so much win packed into one movie. But I felt like I was watching batman with that score and supporting characters that have been in dark knight lol.

FaLKoN240
07-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Saw it last night, and definitely wasn't disappointed.

My friend is a huge movie buff and he said, "It's the best movie I've seen in my life." After that I had to see it.

See..this is why I have to watch it again lol I vaguely remember, but I must see it again!

Now I gotta freakin see it again!

I was exhausted the first time I saw it, so I'm sure watching it again wouldn't hurt at all.

Daniel.
07-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Man I'm so excited to see this. Going tomorrow night...

a fuzzychnchila
07-17-2010, 11:18 PM
More excited to watch this then I was for Despicable Me :0 Haha

daftphunk
07-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Saw this movie last night and it definately met my expectations. Movie was wild and such a good movie. Up there in my top 5 that's for sure. I am a huge dark knight fan so I'm not going to say that it was better but it is definitely a great movie.

I will definitely go see it again soon.

CrimsonRockett
07-18-2010, 12:13 AM
New favorite movie of all time.

Amazing.

Freddy
07-18-2010, 08:25 AM
this movie is really good,

i just saw the final seen again on youtube please explain?

lflkajfj12123
07-18-2010, 08:30 PM
movie was really really good

but i was expecting something more? can't pin point what it is

go see it

chris_240sx
07-18-2010, 11:36 PM
Just watched this tonight and really enjoyed it. It's a really cool concept imo. As others have said, you have to pay attention or you might get lost. One of my friends that went with me got lost a couple times and another friend had no idea what was going on the whole movie lol. I want to see it again and see if I missed anything

cc4usmc
07-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Just got back from watching it. Didn't seem to get confused at all, so feel free to PM me if you know something I might have missed. Especially with the clothing.

Kougeki
07-19-2010, 12:10 AM
I want to like it, but I probably have to see it again. So far, it feels like it dragged on for me. Question: [When they said about the drug not messing with the ears, how come they didn't wake up WHILE they were falling off the bridge in the van? While they were testing it in chairs, they would wake up before they hit the floor. Before the impact. That just didn't flow with what they said before...] <- Highlight

cc4usmc
07-19-2010, 12:13 AM
[/COLOR][/COLOR] That just didn't flow with what they said before...] <- Highlight

I think it's because they weren't at that dream level yet. I wondered that too.

TravisSW
07-19-2010, 01:59 AM
They all died at the end.

/end movie want to see

What a twist!
Jk..or is it? ;)

Nah, but I haven't seen the movie yet. Guess I'll toss it on the list of movies to see.

aznpoopy
07-19-2010, 08:03 AM
best movie i have ever seen in my entire life

DALAZ_68
07-19-2010, 08:13 AM
sounds like another movie i need to try and catch...

sub9lulu
07-19-2010, 08:44 AM
some chick i know fall asleep watching it ...
i might wait for DVD

Daniel.
07-19-2010, 09:32 AM
I want to like it, but I probably have to see it again. So far, it feels like it dragged on for me. Question: [When they said about the drug not messing with the ears, how come they didn't wake up WHILE they were falling off the bridge in the van? While they were testing it in chairs, they would wake up before they hit the floor. Before the impact. That just didn't flow with what they said before...] <- Highlight

Because *Spoiler* They missed that first kick while falling. It was initiated too soon and they hadn't also initiated kicks on the other levels yet at the same time as the first kick.

Christopher Nolan has done it again. He currently has made 3 of my top 5 movies of all time.

I highly recommend this movie to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. I'll probably watch this movie over and over again when it comes out on BluRay like I did with Memento.

VROOOM
07-19-2010, 11:44 AM
watched it on Saturday. that movie is a mindfuck

SRS BZNS
07-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Best Movie of this year, I also say best movie since dark knight and watchmen hands down

SimpleS14
07-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Because *Spoiler* They missed that first kick while falling. It was initiated too soon and they hadn't also initiated kicks on the other levels yet at the same time as the first kick.

Question...**spoiler**Was the first kick initiated when the van rolled over?

Daniel.
07-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Question...**spoiler**Was the first kick initiated when the van rolled over?

-*Answer- I don't think it was. That rollover scene was just intended to up the ante and introduce some action in the 2nd level. The kick itself wasn't initiated till they started to go off the bridge.

murda-c
07-19-2010, 04:09 PM
So if i ever go into space i better make sure i know some joint locks and stuff in case i get into a fight because punching doesnt work well in zero g

tsx1racer04
07-19-2010, 05:17 PM
watched it on Saturday. that movie is a mindfuck

It was such a mindfuck that 4 very old guests at my theatre had to leave because they couldnt understand the movie.

RurouniMidnight
07-19-2010, 09:27 PM
I enjoyed this movie a lot!, its been a while since there was a movie i really liked seeing at the theater, had a really cool and original story. Instantly one of my favorite movies ever.

karl wasabi
07-20-2010, 01:56 AM
This is probably the best movie I have seen EVAR! I saw it Saturday and I keep thinking about how awesome it is. I love Ellen Page. I'm definitely gonna see it again in IMAX. So excited for the second time around. haha.

4DOOR_LIFE
07-20-2010, 11:10 AM
Just saw the movie last night, and as soon as it ended i was ready to watch it again. Its sooooooo good, but i wont mention any of my favorite scenes. I couldn't stop talking about dreams the rest of the night.

i♥boobies!
07-20-2010, 11:20 AM
the movie is great
definitely worth wasting your money on haha
so go!

Slammed Assassin
07-20-2010, 12:01 PM
this movie was so dope! really got my mind thinking.

satal95
07-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Just saw this today and all I can say is Bad Ass. Definite recommend to anyone

cc4usmc
07-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Buzz Log: The End of 'Inception' (http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/buzz-log-the-end-of-inception.html)

Spoilers inside.

Touge Noob S13
07-21-2010, 01:17 AM
As a fan of mind fuck such as Evangelion, I may check this movie out.

pandaman415
07-21-2010, 03:51 AM

Actually, I think **SPOILER** that Leonardo and that Asian guy didn't come back into reality but everyone else did.

bardabe
07-21-2010, 03:58 AM
Movie was supper legit haha

worangejuice
07-21-2010, 05:03 AM
YouTube - DORA THE EXPLORER in INCEPTION: Incepción Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrYPJ4Yc31g)

tricky_ab
07-21-2010, 08:20 AM
My good friend won't stop talking about this movie the minute he got out from watching it. I'm planning to see it this weekend for sure...

Daniel.
07-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Actually, I think **SPOILER** that Leonardo and that Asian guy didn't come back into reality but everyone else did.

Re-read what we were talking about. We're not talking about those two characters. We're talking about kicks, and how they're timed.

Bob_Sagat
07-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Amazing movie. Parts of it were almost too much to handle at once, definitely a mindfuck.

iamtheyi
07-21-2010, 01:57 PM
eh shat. I have to watch it now. not one bad comment from all of zilvia. It must've been very good indeed ><

Kaizen.
07-21-2010, 02:55 PM
i just found out my gf lied and said she went to go watch despicable me with her brother, she watched inception instead. i told her i wanted to go watch it an hour before she went, i was at work. fml

Z32TT-R
07-21-2010, 02:56 PM
I saw it twice

pandaman415
07-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Re-read what we were talking about. We're not talking about those two characters. We're talking about kicks, and how they're timed.

-->My mistake. I think the kick really initiated when the van hit the water since everyone was still "asleep" during it's free fall.

Daniel.
07-21-2010, 03:39 PM
-->My mistake. I think the kick really initiated when the van hit the water since everyone was still "asleep" during it's free fall.

I also already discussed that. The first kick was when the van went off the bridge. The second was when it hit the water.

adrians_s13
07-21-2010, 03:47 PM
I saw the movie last night...

OMFG... its been a while since I really enjoyed a movie like that.

Highly recommended..!

PhoPoweR
07-21-2010, 03:59 PM
One of my favorite movies, was a good mind fuck lol

pandaman415
07-21-2010, 09:37 PM
I also already discussed that. The first kick was when the van went off the bridge. The second was when it hit the water.

How was the first kick when the van went off the bridge? Nobody awoke from that.

icedsole
07-21-2010, 11:19 PM
the movie was really good, pretty confusing though. but shit had me glued to the screen like no other. the end was a fucker too!

personally i think he was still in the dream but idk

satal95
07-22-2010, 12:55 AM
How was the first kick when the van went off the bridge? Nobody awoke from that.

Because they even mention it in the movie that it was missed. Remember the Avalanche that was part of the first kick when the van hit the barrier but no one was in the right spot to be awaken from it.

the movie was really good, pretty confusing though. but shit had me glued to the screen like no other. the end was a fucker too!

personally i think he was still in the dream but idk

Thanks for ruining it for the people that haven't watched it yet

satay
07-22-2010, 01:05 AM
Havent been mind fucked that hard in a while.

Daniel.
07-22-2010, 09:54 AM

Man you REALLY REALLY need to read all of my posts. Are you blind or something?

The Hamsterball
07-22-2010, 12:21 PM
just saw it yesterday.
holy ish it's probably the best movie i've seen in years.

to the guy that pointed out something about what clothes they wore at the end, please PM me, i don't think i caught that.

i think i'm going to watch it again so it's crystal clear.. and because it's such a great movie.

The_Thomas
07-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Saw it yesterday, best movie I have seen in awhile! Confusing at first but once it gets going you can't stop watching.

nismo 240sx
07-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Watched it last night..shit was amazing... stuck on the screen the whole time..loved it!!!

xtreme_s14
07-22-2010, 06:24 PM
OMG! Inception is the shit..! I want to watch it a second time and look for clues to figure out what truly happened at the end. The movie is fairly easy to follow, however the ending..

TOTALLY MIND FUCKED!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_q9zBpqGE3p8/SEGOUYFKu2I/AAAAAAAAABc/ASrd4P1sxAs/s320/Sean+Combs+P+Diddy.jpg

fliprayzin240sx
07-23-2010, 08:51 AM
I just got home from it...

I FUCKING HATE THE ENDING!!!

Surprisingly, my wife followed the movie to the end. I was thinking she'd be lost half way thru the movie.

MandTPhotography
07-23-2010, 08:53 AM
I thought that movie was fucking awesome.

fliprayzin240sx
07-23-2010, 08:58 AM
We should do a fucking POLL and see what people who have seen it think...Is he dreaming or Not?!?!

DeatschWerks
07-23-2010, 09:48 AM
We might have to go see this now after reading through this thread.

When I've watched the previews, it really didn't get me that interested...but might be a good show to catch tomorrow night.

Daniel.
07-23-2010, 10:13 AM
The movie itself was an inception. Chris Nolan has now planted an idea in our heads and has the entire nation discussing this ending.

We're not meant to know for sure one way or the other. Damn this guy's good.

nismo 240sx
07-23-2010, 11:00 AM
I think he is dreaming and is in his dads dream...

Pactin
07-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Buzz Log: The End of 'Inception' (http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/buzz-log-the-end-of-inception.html)

Spoilers inside.

Just saw this movie two nights ago and am I the only one who still saw the top spinning at the end? The final scene Leo stares at his kid's faces, they turn around and he walks towards them. But the camera pans back to the table and you see the top spinning perfectly on its axis.

Daniel.
07-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Just saw this movie two nights ago and am I the only one who still saw the top spinning at the end? The final scene Leo stares at his kid's faces, they turn around and he walks towards them. But the camera pans back to the table and you see the top spinning perfectly on its axis.

Didn't read the entire thread didja?

K_style
07-23-2010, 06:34 PM
I watched yesterday.... I think I need to watch it again..

very difficult movie to understand... I think....

fliprayzin240sx
07-23-2010, 07:29 PM

No its just you...[spoiler]It actually started to slightly wobble but thats when it cut out, so you cant tell if it actually fell or not[spoiler]
And thats the fuckin kicker, you dont really know...

SochBAT
07-23-2010, 08:56 PM
I had really high hopes for Zilvians understanding this movie.

Some of your logic and comprehension skills suck.

1. The van hitting the guardrail on the bridge was a failed kick. Again, as Daniel<3 mentions, the cast agree "shit, we missed the kick. FML."

2. The drug used in the intro with the first architect was a lame drug. It wasn't as potent as the second synthesized drug the Indian? guy used. He says that shit himself. To paraphrase, "sound still works motherfuckers."

3. Mal? Mole? Wasn't even cute.

4. I predicted the ending based on the hype. ShutterIsland x 100000.

5. Ellen Paige is really cute, but her head is fucking weird. I'd still hit though.

6. JGL did a great job. Yea, the movie focused on leo, but during his parts, he really made that role. Very versatile guy. Some movieblogger mentioned how JGL could play/cameo as the Joker. Similar features, similar caliber.

7. Yelling "SHIT JUST GOT REAL!" after the movie makes everyone laugh. Try it. I did.

8. These aren't spoilers. You don't know WTF is going on anyways.

9. Manup, watch it.

fliprayzin240sx
07-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Actually, didnt JGL get picked to play the Riddler on the 3rd Batman movie by Nolan?

SochBAT
07-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Pure speculation sadly.

I want Bane. Or some other obscure rogue.

g6civcx
07-24-2010, 12:15 AM
There is no absolute "real" reality. What is "real" depends on perspective.

We as human beings can catch glimpses of perceived truth at various times. Our rational mind tries to fill in the gaps with whatever logic that allows us to make sense of our perception, i.e. "reality".

fliprayzin240sx
07-24-2010, 12:42 AM
There is no absolute "real" reality. What is "real" depends on perspective.

We as human beings can catch glimpses of perceived truth at various times. Our rational mind tries to fill in the gaps with whatever logic that allows us to make sense of our perception, i.e. "reality".

There is no spoon...that sounds like straight out Matrix shit.

hellaslows13
07-24-2010, 12:45 AM
If you even liked Shutter Island (to me, it was meh.. kinda dragged on..but a mindfuck nonetheless) you will definitely LOVE this movie... I saw this a few days ago... definitely exceeded my expectations. I plan on watching it again with another friend who has yet to see it.

If you haven't seen this, watch it, NOW.

It's not a movie I would take a cute girl too.. if you even try and make out you will get lost. TRUST ME.

g6civcx
07-24-2010, 12:57 AM
There is no spoon...that sounds like straight out Matrix shit.

The Matrix is more about realising that there are alternate realities, i.e. heightened sense of conciousness. It does touch a little bit on what you can accept as "real".

Inception is about accepting any of these plurality of alternate realities as being "real". One is just as valid as the next.

The only absolute truth is that there is no absolute truth.

Nezahualcoyotl
07-24-2010, 01:25 AM
^ I would agree with this.

{It also can imply that Mal, the wife, was right at the end.}

w0nderbr3ad
07-24-2010, 02:53 AM
Just saw this today and afraid of what I might see in my dreams. lol

revat619
07-24-2010, 05:07 AM
+1 on yelling "Shit just got real!" afterwards. Hilarious because you know EVERYONE in the theater is thinking that.

I saw it with the lady friend the other night. Awesome AWESOME movie. Surprisingly, she was more hyped about it afterwards than i was. And that's saying something because i wouldn't shut up about going to see it since i saw the previews months ago. We're gonna go see it again, just cuz its really that good. If you haven't seen it, get off your ass and go.

fliprayzin240sx
07-24-2010, 06:26 AM
I wish we had this in IMAX...hell I wish we HAVE IMAX on this shitty island...

SimpleS14
07-24-2010, 07:24 AM
I wish we had this in IMAX...hell I wish we HAVE IMAX on this shitty island...

I just saw it again on IMAX...and it really wasn't worth it. It looked the same, just a bigger screen. The movie wasn't filmed with an IMAX camera.

After seeing the film again, I can't help but suspect Leo was going mental the whole time. Mal and the kids were projections of his subconscious he created to escape reality and actually dream (similar to the group of people that nap 4 hrs daily). Pretty much I'm saying they were never "real" from the start. I say this because he never had a wedding ring on unless he was in the dream world and going into limbo requires you to go deeper than two levels. Getting you out of one level just brings you up to the next level. I'm suspecting his dad brought him out of limbo the first time and realized the affect it had on his mind...believing he was married with kids.

Of course this is just speculation on my part and really out there. lol

BTW, Ellen Page is way too small...girl needs some meat on her bones.

Dirty Habit
07-24-2010, 08:27 AM
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv114/nokin_bucket/38360_1514071859480_1464930149_31302225_6087639_n. jpg

SRS BZNS
07-24-2010, 09:00 AM
lolol

that picture story is awesome

atutt
07-24-2010, 09:07 AM
This movie was simply, brilliant.

Daniel.
07-24-2010, 09:54 AM
LOLOLOLOL at the picture.

fliprayzin240sx
07-24-2010, 10:25 AM
I just saw it again on IMAX...and it really wasn't worth it. It looked the same, just a bigger screen. The movie wasn't filmed with an IMAX camera.

After seeing the film again, I can't help but suspect Leo was going mental the whole time. Mal and the kids were projections of his subconscious he created to escape reality and actually dream (similar to the group of people that nap 4 hrs daily). Pretty much I'm saying they were never "real" from the start. I say this because he never had a wedding ring on unless he was in the dream world and going into limbo requires you to go deeper than two levels. Getting you out of one level just brings you up to the next level. I'm suspecting his dad brought him out of limbo the first time and realized the affect it had on his mind...believing he was married with kids.

Of course this is just speculation on my part and really out there. lol

BTW, Ellen Page is way too small...girl needs some meat on her bones.

How about this for an idea:

Maybe when he and his wife were dreaming, he never woke up. Instead only his Wife did and she's been going into his dreams to wake him up and get him out. That explains why she's constantly sabotaging his dreams when he gets in too deep.

g6civcx
07-24-2010, 10:37 AM

Maybe when he and his wife were dreaming, he never woke up. Instead only his Wife did and she's been going into his dreams to wake him up and get him out. That explains why she's constantly sabotaging his dreams when he gets in too deep.

I agree with this interpretation. Nothing you do really matter until you realise the truth.

Jayycob
07-24-2010, 11:39 AM
My girlfriend watched it last week. She's still mind f**ked. I watched it yesterday(also mind f**ked), movie was the best i've seen in a long time!

Jayycob
07-24-2010, 12:10 PM

i don't really disagree, but here is my input on this.(warning, part of movie revealed)
If Cobb was already dreaming, all of his team mates would be projections/memories as well, saying that, he would have had to meet the people in reality to become a memory in his dreams. Which makes this theory of him dreaming the whole time; false. b/c he had met the new builder (Ariadne).
Also if you notice, projections didn't speak at all, only the memories of actual people such as the Fisher Jr. to Browning, Fisher was able to talk to his god father via projection(not yusuf in disguise) because of his memory of him. And if cobb was dreaming the whole time he would have to meet ariadne in reality. If cobb were dreaming he wouldn't be able talk to her because she would only be a projection not a memory.

deolio
07-24-2010, 12:30 PM
i don't understand why they have to be such dicks and leave the top spinning... or not... bastards.

whoever wrote that script definitely did a lot of acid in college. there were very few plot holes for how complex it was.

g6civcx
07-24-2010, 04:25 PM
The whole point of this movie, similar to the Matrix, is that your rational conscious mind will always try to make sense of everything by applying what the conscious mind thinks is logical.

If you try to make sense of everything you'll never escape purgatory.

You simply have to realise the truth. There is no logic. To reach enlightenment and achieve the higher truth, you have to let go of your inhibition and not demand that everything makes complete sense.

Pay close attention to how the concept of the totem is introduced. If the totem concept itself is introduced in an altered state of reality, then can the totem be a reliable bell wether of dream or reality?

Logic is built upon truths and law. If the underlying foundation itself is tainted, how then can your logic be solid?

nathanong87
07-26-2010, 09:29 AM
what i dont get is how the totem can be reliable if it wasn't even his to begin with.

also the quote "u never remember the beginning of the dream" leads me to believe that the whole thing was a dream because the story line simply picks up from....nowhere

aznpoopy
07-26-2010, 09:44 AM
all movies pretty much pick up from nowhere; but yes, one possibility is that the entire thing is a dream. although i dislike that interpretation.

at its purest level though, i think this article has it right. inception is a movie about making movies.

NEVER WAKE UP: THE MEANING AND SECRET OF INCEPTION (http://chud.com/articles/articles/24477/1/NEVER-WAKE-UP-THE-MEANING-AND-SECRET-OF-INCEPTION/Page1.html)

SimpleS14
07-26-2010, 05:59 PM
all movies pretty much pick up from nowhere; but yes, one possibility is that the entire thing is a dream. although i dislike that interpretation.

at its purest level though, i think this article has it right. inception is a movie about making movies.

NEVER WAKE UP: THE MEANING AND SECRET OF INCEPTION (http://chud.com/articles/articles/24477/1/NEVER-WAKE-UP-THE-MEANING-AND-SECRET-OF-INCEPTION/Page1.html)

wow...great article!!

satal95
07-26-2010, 06:45 PM
wow...great article!!

X2 msg lenth

gzer750
07-26-2010, 07:23 PM
i talked to your girlfriend and she was skullfucked, i mean mindfucked. the movie was cool. i think his spinner was about to drop and it was real.

icedsole
07-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Best movie of 2010, maybe. opinions?

i dont watch too many movies though.

ESmorz
07-27-2010, 12:10 AM
UVkQ0C4qDvM

sparkyS13
07-27-2010, 12:42 AM
Best movie of 2010 and new favorite movie

dalers08
07-27-2010, 01:18 AM
UVkQ0C4qDvM

Um they slowed it down, so?

ESmorz
07-27-2010, 01:23 AM
Um they slowed it down, so?

So it was just a nifty little trick.

Did you realize you were listening to the same song the whole time?

The asian american pee'd on my rug.

Genex626
07-30-2010, 07:07 PM
great movie

ALTRNTV
07-31-2010, 03:08 PM
My theories: SPOILER ALERT, don't read if you haven't seen the movie.

Reality. In his dreams, he always had his wedding ring on. In reality, it was off. Him not having it on was his
totem, and not the top, as it was Mal's, but the movie made you want to believe that it was his totem. At the end, his
ring was off.

Miles is the mastermind of it all and sends Ariadne into Cobb's dream, so that she can finally free him from the guilt he's
feeling over Mal's death. Cobb hesitated to kill Mal during the snow dream, and it was Ariadne's idea for Cobb to go down
one more level to face Mal. Afterall.. it was Miles who gave Ariadne to Cobb.

SimpleS14
08-01-2010, 01:51 AM
My theories: SPOILER ALERT, don't read if you haven't seen the movie.

Reality. In his dreams, he always had his wedding ring on. In reality, it was off. Him not having it on was his
totem, and not the top, as it was Mal's, but the movie made you want to believe that it was his totem. At the end, his
ring was off.

Miles is the mastermind of it all and sends Ariadne into Cobb's dream, so that she can finally free him from the guilt he's
feeling over Mal's death. Cobb hesitated to kill Mal during the snow dream, and it was Ariadne's idea for Cobb to go down
one more level to face Mal. Afterall.. it was Miles who gave Ariadne to Cobb.

You can't confirm he didn't have the ring on, because they never showed his ring and pinky finger. Watch it again..I was definitely looking out for that when I saw it a second time around and was frustrated at how slick they were at hiding it lol

conrad_s13.5
08-01-2010, 04:16 PM
pretty dope movie,... tried to dream a RPG in my hand to make sure reality was real

ManoNegra
08-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Saw it today in IMAX and as everyone is raving, it's a great film
it didn't really mindfuck with me though, guess I used to trippy ideas
I actually left the theater still thinking about the ending like most of you
but at the same time very satisfied
there's definitely various ways, and none wrong, of interpreting this film

b-s14
08-02-2010, 10:24 AM
awesome movie. though some of my friends are still boggle after the movie.

stay past the credits and listen.

satal95
08-02-2010, 04:16 PM
awesome movie. though some of my friends are still boggle after the movie.

Y is there still something afterwards? If so gives me a reason to go and see it for a 3rd time

initial_jc
08-02-2010, 04:33 PM
dang i didnt stay past the credits what happened?

PM me

fckillerbee
08-02-2010, 04:57 PM
spoiler:
He never planted anything in his wife's mind....more like his wife planting "reality" in his mind. His kids in the end never aged....if you remember....he talks to his kids...why was the "son" older....saying...grandpa doesn't think you will ever come home...if that's his son...then his son was grown....

b-s14
08-02-2010, 09:02 PM
spoiler:

you hear the totem stop spinning and drops.

ALTRNTV
08-02-2010, 09:28 PM
spoiler:
He never planted anything in his wife's mind....more like his wife planting "reality" in his mind. His kids in the end never aged....if you remember....he talks to his kids...why was the "son" older....saying...grandpa doesn't think you will ever come home...if that's his son...then his son was grown....
If you look during the credits, there were 2 sets of actors playing his kids, which suggests that they aged?

SochBAT
08-02-2010, 09:28 PM
You hear the totem stop spinning and drops.

Totem was never his. Doesn't work if its not his.

Also. the idea of totems, just like everything else, is not a solid fact. There is no reasoning behind this. It is simply there to MAKE you think it's factual.

Shitty example.

"these coilovers will make you drift better. Because they're JDM, they are made with quality."

SochBAT
08-02-2010, 09:34 PM
If you look during the credits, there were 2 sets of actors playing his kids, which suggests that they aged?

Wrong buddy.

It is inferred that he spent a decent amount away from his family. But if you check the kid's size and build, its almost identical. And the fact they're wearing the same exact clothing in the "dream" sequence and at the end hint that COBB'S TIME AWAY FROM HIS KIDS WAS A FUCKING NAP.

Remember, 5 minutes in a dream is 1 hour in Dreamland? How many layers deep did he go? Dreaming within dreams within dreams should rationally multiply time span extensions.

b-s14
08-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Totem was never his. Doesn't work if its not his.

i wondered about that too.

initial_jc
08-02-2010, 10:27 PM
oh crap youre right he jacked his wife

simmode1
08-03-2010, 12:35 AM

Aww man... for real?! There's more? I had a feeling I should have stayed, but my girlfriend had had enough mindfucking for one night and was ready to go as soon as the credit started...

ALTRNTV
08-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Aww man... for real?! There's more? I had a feeling I should have stayed, but my girlfriend had had enough mindfucking for one night and was ready to go as soon as the credit started...
The ending was just the sound of the top falling, but it doesn't matter, as it wasn't even Cobb's totem. Falling
or spinning, the result wouldn't matter.

Wrong buddy.

It is inferred that he spent a decent amount away from his family. But if you check the kid's size and build, its almost identical. And the fact they're wearing the same exact clothing in the "dream" sequence and at the end hint that COBB'S TIME AWAY FROM HIS KIDS WAS A FUCKING NAP.

Remember, 5 minutes in a dream is 1 hour in Dreamland? How many layers deep did he go? Dreaming within dreams within dreams should rationally multiply time span extensions.
The clothes were similar, but different.

keeeban
08-03-2010, 12:45 AM
...And I thought I had this movie figured out. Greaaaaaaat

simmode1
08-03-2010, 02:34 AM
The ending was just the sound of the top falling, but it doesn't matter, as it wasn't even Cobb's totem. Falling
or spinning, the result wouldn't matter.

Oh is that it? Yeah, I agree... wouldn't matter at all. Same result.

conrad_s13.5
08-03-2010, 07:46 AM
god dammit,.. i gotta see it again now

b-s14
08-03-2010, 09:18 AM
man i hope the dvd comes with extras, possibly an alternate ending!

SimpleS14
08-03-2010, 11:55 AM
man i hope the dvd comes with extras, possibly an alternate ending!

DVD?

Blu-ray is where it's at n00b :p

SochBAT
08-03-2010, 12:48 PM
The clothes were similar, but different.

Most everyone I mention this to says, while it may be true, could be a small dream fuzzy.

You generally know wtf happened in your dreams, right? There are always small tiny details you will not catch, and may very well fill in the fuzzy details after.

PS. While everything is farfetched, the only possible explaination is that it ALL occurs in a dream.

conrad_s13.5
08-03-2010, 02:01 PM
^ if thats the case, they paid some serious attention to detail for little shit like that,. cuz not everyone catches that type of shit.

movie keeps gettin better

ALTRNTV
08-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Most everyone I mention this to says, while it may be true, could be a small dream fuzzy.

You generally know wtf happened in your dreams, right? There are always small tiny details you will not catch, and may very well fill in the fuzzy details after.

PS. While everything is farfetched, the only possible explaination is that it ALL occurs in a dream.
NO Cheat! No. I am right, you are wrong. I r winz. :rofl:

SochBAT
08-03-2010, 03:53 PM
While your argument does have credit, and the backing of the Lead Costume Design's word, I still like my argument better.

revat619
08-03-2010, 04:27 PM
i'm dreaming right now and this argument isnt really happening. My projections are about to whoop some ass up in this thread or in my dream or in your dream. wait, wat? :p

SochBAT
08-03-2010, 06:14 PM
S H I T J U S T G O T R E A L - E R!!!!

Why is CapsLock blocked?!?!

iamtheyi
08-03-2010, 08:24 PM
I watched it today and it was the amazingest thing ebbers

ALTRNTV
08-03-2010, 10:00 PM
I have a question, as I'm having an argument with a friend:

Each person's totem is their own, correct? Meaning that it absolutely can't
be used by anybody else? If so, was there a part in the movie where it said
that, since I can't remember if Arthur specifically stated that.

SWAT Team S14
08-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Easily the best movie of the year so far.....& the best I've seen in a while.

ESmorz
08-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I have a question, as I'm having an argument with a friend:

Each person's totem is their own, correct? Meaning that it absolutely can't
be used by anybody else? If so, was there a part in the movie where it said
that, since I can't remember if Arthur specifically stated that.

Correct, but your logic that because the top was Mal's at one point and therefore by Cobb using it makes it invalid may very well be flawed seeing as how Mal is dead and her knowledge of the totem's weight, dimensions, characteristics, etc... died with her. Thus rendering it possible for him to hold on to it as a totem of remembrance and of reality.

(i.e. the obvious way to look at it)

cc4usmc
08-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Kinda off topic, but the director of the new X-Men movie went and saw Inception and said he had to rewrite like 12 pages of the movie because of similar things. Kinda sucks, I think they're already filming it too.

b-s14
08-03-2010, 11:17 PM
man this totem thing is still bothering me. lol

speedstar01
08-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Saw it twice to appreciate its value. Inception is definately one of the greatest films this year, although I felt Shutter Island was more entertaining. Maybe the two movies shouldnt have been released so close together!!! :p

conrad_s13.5
08-04-2010, 10:38 AM
with the whole totem thing,... it was just mental as far as i kno.
he was saying that each person has their own, something only they know, its balance, how it moves or even how it looks, feels etc. that way someone else cant re-create that in their own dream.

never said absolutely no one else can use it per say tho. (deceased wife's)
the dude was telling the chick that when leonardo came out of a dream and needed it asap ( not up to par on character names,..srry,..lol ) <--

DALAZ_68
08-04-2010, 11:05 AM
gonna go watch it this weekend...hopefully...

SimpleS14
08-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Did anyone actually remember seeing Mal hold the top ? I only remember her locking it in a safe.....

SochBAT
08-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Totems are fake. They're stated as "facts" and instantly accepted. you're allowed to fill in your own truths where there aren't any, and since you believe so, it makes sense.

240Shwag
08-04-2010, 10:13 PM
UVkQ0C4qDvM

This obviously makes sense.
Just like in the movie, they alert the dreaming people to time limits with music through headphones. If the dream world was slowed, so would the music.
What song do they wake up to?

And to the link to the article that says the movie is a dream itself. Again, obviously. This isnt based on actual events. Its a movie. A science fiction movie.

DALAZ_68
08-09-2010, 11:30 AM
so i watched it last night...

definetly was worth the money and i have no regrets...

its just...like others...im comfuseld...

i noticed in the end the whole kids never aged and if not mistaken still wearing the same clothes... so it leaves me thinking that he has always been in a dream since in the begining we see him talking to his client...

and the whole todem thing threw me off when i saw his wife using it prior, and then it became his...

great movie...just my feeble mind cannot grasp it well enough...lol

SochBAT
08-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Stevie, baby. According to the lead costumer, the children's clothing are different. Technically, not the same. Stupid Simoun pointed that out. Fucker.

It SUCH a mind trip.

Here's another mindtrip.

http://i.imgur.com/JiPqw.jpg

/INCEPTION'D

CrimsonRockett
08-09-2010, 01:59 PM
:rofl:

So true.

Can't wait for it to come out on bluray.

DALAZ_68
08-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Stevie, baby. According to the lead costumer, the children's clothing are different. Technically, not the same. Stupid Simoun pointed that out. Fucker.

It SUCH a mind trip.

Here's another mindtrip.

http://i.imgur.com/JiPqw.jpg<b></B>

/INCEPTION'D

what...man...fuck this movie...

LOL

iamtheyi
08-09-2010, 02:50 PM
lolol. I lol'd when i saw the "mind trip" ><

TKK-ORANGEtang
08-09-2010, 03:03 PM
i super had no idea wat was goin on i was too blown lol so i gotta see it again sober hnaha

SimpleS14
08-09-2010, 03:04 PM
lol @ the pic...keep them coming if you can find more

Daniel.
08-09-2010, 04:07 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5tmofWIH71qa8syoo1_500.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/vhew6p.jpg

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5vzmk9qxg1qa0880o1_400.jpg

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5yyb0SkqV1qc8bcqo1_400.jpg

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5zhtx5z8F1qzpkvyo1_500.jpg

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5zfhjCVFp1qc7qcko1_400.png

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l61mhy8SyX1qzoyqxo1_r1_400.gif

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l61owbpJD01qa5qv3o1_400.png

http://i28.tinypic.com/9gv8le.jpg

http://i31.tinypic.com/2r3jyiu.png

http://i31.tinypic.com/9gerrt.png

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l6592eLBCp1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l675j7OJ7N1qznd4ho1_500.jpg

Daniel.
08-09-2010, 04:25 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l6et0lc6s11qzracxo1_400.jpg

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/david-inception1.jpg?w=500&h=1037

http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/download/file.php?id=338

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee300/taraa100/1aLfuWuFYq8eyny8Hnv5z790o1_500.jpg?t=1280756900

SochBAT
08-09-2010, 05:27 PM
I am rollling.

Dirty Habit
08-09-2010, 08:36 PM
hahhaha.

Just got back from the movie. It was awesome.

Dicaprio is king.

revat619
08-09-2010, 09:07 PM
hahahahahahahah those photo stories are AWESOME! :rofl:

fckillerbee
08-09-2010, 09:39 PM
hahahahahhaaaa my wife just keeps looking at me wierd... "i was like bitch...i bought the airline!"" hahahaha haaad me rolling.

DALAZ_68
08-10-2010, 09:21 AM
hahahahahhaaaa my wife just keeps looking at me wierd... "i was like bitch...i bought the airline!"" hahahaha haaad me rolling.

wtf!!! Lol...

derux
08-10-2010, 01:21 PM
I swear when he was talking to the kids in the begining there voices changed from younger to older.

theronin
08-10-2010, 05:32 PM
i dont know if it is by accident or by Nolans careful crafting but does anyone know what Mal means in spanish?

i caught this early in the movie but really dunno if it's just me looking into it too much.

SimpleS14
08-10-2010, 09:22 PM
i dont know if it is by accident or by Nolans careful crafting but does anyone know what Mal means in spanish?

i caught this early in the movie but really dunno if it's just me looking into it too much.

Something bad, abnormal or not right. Can't say you're looking too deep into it, but she wasn't exactly a nice character...

theronin
08-10-2010, 09:53 PM
well of my friends who saw it, i was the only one to catch it. i think i need to see it again. my mind is racing.

ALTRNTV
08-10-2010, 10:21 PM
"Mal" means trouble, wrong, and evil in Spanish. Nolan did that on purpose. Ariadne as well. Ariadne, in Greek
mythology, she helped Theseus escape and get out of the labyrinth that King Minos had built.

slider2828
08-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Dude he copied this story from Duck Tales....

Wait for i, what did the young ducks say you need to wake up from a dream? A KICK!!! Falling into the tub!

Full pdf of ducktables here.... http://disneycomics.free.fr/Ducks/Rosa/show.php?num=1&loc=D2002-033&s=date

http://www.20cmsubnari.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/ducktales_inception.jpg

conrad_s13.5
08-11-2010, 07:34 AM
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa???????!?

Dirty Habit
08-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Holy shit!

ayuaddict
08-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Inception: The Cast's Weirdest Dreams, LOLOL (http://yuta-akaishi.blogspot.com/2010/08/inception-casts-weirdest-dreams-lolol.html)

Leonardo DiCaprio
“I’m in this 8-by-8-foot cell, and the walls are painted off-white, and there’s a cot in one corner. There’s a steel door on one wall, and on the opposite wall there’s one tiny window, way up high. If I jump up, I can see that it looks out over the water, with no land in sight. I’m there for what feels like hours, and suddenly I hear someone approaching. The footsteps get closer and closer, until they stop right outside the door. A food slot in the bottom of the door opens up, and a tray slides in, but instead of food, it’s got a suit on it, and a fake mustache. A window in the door slides open, and there’s Marty Scorsese, with this crazy grin on his face. ‘Time to make another movie, Leo,’ he says. ‘This time you’re a claims adjuster who gets mixed up with the Chinese Triads.’ Then he closes the window and I hear him walking away. I try to put on the suit, but all the pant legs and shirt cuffs have been sewn shut. Then I wake up.”

Joseph Gordon-Levitt
“I’m on the set of 3rd Rock from the Sun, and everyone is there, French Stewart and Kristen Johnston and John Lithgow and Jane Curtin, and we’re laughing about something when one of the producers comes in and tells us that the show’s been cancelled. We’re all sad, of course, and John says, ‘Well, we had a good run. Fifteen years is nothing to sneeze at.’ I do a double take and ask him to say that again. Then I realize — I’m the same age I am now. I’m not a kid. It’s 2010, and I’ve been doing the show since 1996. I go to a computer and I look up my IMDb page, and I never did Brick, or The Lookout or Stop-Loss or (500) Days of Summer — just 3rd Rock. In fact, the only movie I’ve done is G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. The room starts spinning, and I start breathing heavy and that’s when I wake up screaming.”

Ken Watanabe
“There’s a grassy field, and it’s littered with the bodies of dead samurai. I, too, am dressed like a samurai, and I am the only one left alive, so I draw the only logical conclusion and say, aloud, ‘I am the last samurai.’ But then behind me I hear a voice say, ‘Ah-ah-ah!’ I turn, and there is Tom Cruise, in full samurai armor. ‘I am the last samurai,’ he says. I try to correct him, but he walks over to a couch — I don’t know where it came from, but it is in the field now — and starts jumping up and down on it, saying ‘I AM THE LAST SAMURAI! I AM THE LAST SAMURAI!’ Then I look down and see an arrow sticking out of my chest, and that’s when I wake up.”

Ellen Page
“I’m in the delivery room, and I’m in labor. It’s not painful, but I feel — off. There’s something wrong. Also, I notice that I’m wearing roller skates. The doctor, who’s Drew Barrymore for some reason, tells me to push, and I do, and I hear the nurses kind of gasp. I ask what’s wrong, but no one will tell me, not Nurse Eve or Nurse Juliette Lewis or anybody. I push one more time, just so I can see what’s wrong with the baby, and suddenly Michael Cera comes out, fully grown and covered with afterbirth. ‘Ellen, what’s up?’ he says. ‘Wanna get a burrito after this?’ I scream, and that’s when I wake up.”

Cillian Murphy
“I’m on a film set with Michael Caine, and we’re both wearing suits and talking about the weather or something, and suddenly Chris Nolan is there, and he steps out from behind the camera and says ‘Action!’ I immediately launch into dialogue for my Inception character, Robert, but when it’s Michael’s turn, he just looks at me blankly. I turn to Chris, and he says, ‘Uh, Cillian?’ I realize what I’ve done and slap my hand to my forehead. I apologize to everyone, and have them call ‘Action’ again. This time I launch into my Scarecrow dialogue from Batman Begins, but once again, everyone looks confused. Chris walks up to me: ‘Cillian, what are you doing?’ I ask, ‘Isn’t this Batman?’ He says, ‘No, this is 28 Days Later.’ And I turn back to Michael and see that he’s turned into a zombie, and he lunges for me, and that’s when I wake up.”

Tom Hardy
“I’m on stage at a Star Trek convention, and I’m wearing my Shinzon makeup and costume from Star Trek: Nemesis. Sitting next to me are Leo DiCaprio dressed as Captain Kirk, Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Mr. Spock, Cillian Murphy as McCoy and Ellen Page as Uhura, and we’re all answering audience member questions about Inception. Suddenly, a Klingon in the audience stands up and shoots Leo in the chest, and the whole room erupts into chaos. Ellen shouts for Cillian to do something, but he tells her that he’s an actor, not a doctor, so she looks at me and begs me to help, and I look at Leo and he’s clearly dying, so I say I’ll do what I can. I grab a ball-point pen and a microphone cord and I’m about to perform surgery when I realize I have no idea what I’m doing. Luckily, that’s when I wake up.”

Marion Cotillard
“Je suis dans une chambre grande, et il y a une table dans le centre. Sur le table il y a beaucoup de Egg McMuffins. J’adore les Egg McMuffins, et j’ai faim, ainsi je mange Egg McMuffin apres Egg McMuffin, jusqu’Ã* j’ai mal d’estomac. Ensuite, Ronald McDonald entre la chambre, et il dit, ‘Pourquoi mangez-vous mes Egg McMuffins?! Je vous tuerai!’ Il m’approche rapidement, et je note que c’est Johnny Depp, et il a un pistolet. A cet moment, je reveille.”

Michael Caine
“So I’m at this big premiere, right? I’m walking the red carpet, and a reporter stops me, and he asks what it was like making the film, and I realize that I have no idea what movie I’m at. I didn’t even realize I was in it. I improvise an answer, saying how much I like the director and all that, and I go inside to find my seat, and I see that Sean Connery is there, and Clive Owen and Morgan Freeman and everyone I’ve ever done a movie with. I sit down in the balcony, and the theater is full of everybody I’ve ever known in my life. The lights go down, and this movie starts, this fantastic movie about my life, in which I play all of the parts. I don’t remember a thing about making it, so I decide to sit back and enjoy it, and it turns out to be really well-done indeed. It’s a little long, though, and of course I know how it ends, so eventually I nod off and have a dream where I’m a pirate. Weirdest thing.”

Christopher Nolan “I’m on the set of Batman 3, I don’t know what it’s actually called, and I’m approving Christian Bale’s new bat-suit. It’s got some added details, but I’m not paying too much attention. Then I see the suit for Robin, and he’s played by Zac Efron. Then I approve Christina Hendricks’ Poison Ivy costume, and Michael Chiklis’ Mr. Freeze costume. Then I look out over this massive set we’ve constructed, and it’s a giant ice rink populated by these armored hockey players. And I realize: I’m not me, I’m Joel Schumacher, and I’m making Batman & Robin. That’s when I woke up, called Warner Bros. and quit the franchise.”

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l67alcLk6p1qaaafzo1_400.jpg

tire_machine
08-20-2010, 08:39 AM
I saw this movie again last night (this time in IMAX), and am still stuck with soooo many questions.....

uraznfriend
08-20-2010, 10:47 AM
damn that comic strip just mind fucked me, forget inception, lemme get that duck