PDA

View Full Version : Waking up thinking its morning...FML moments

DALAZ_68
07-16-2010, 12:39 PM
so this has happened to me about 5 - 10 times now...

were i accidently fall asleep...and wake up only to think its morning the next day, and holy shit im late for work...

specially during summer since morning comes in earlier...

the worst was today...err yesterday...

i knocked out around 4p.m. yesterday, unplanned watching some t.v. ...i wake up to some low sun in my eyes i look at my phone and it says 7:30...immidiately, i wake the fuck up, thinking holy shit im late to work by about 3 hours, FML, i dont even think about a shower...i just put my clothes on, run out the house shoes and socks in hand. as im getting to the freeway entrance i recieved a call from my sis, wondering wtf is going on

Sis: wtf happened you ok!?
me: huh? wat? i gotta get to work im fucken late
sis: um, u realize its 7:40 in the afternoon right?
me: wait wut?
sis:**laughing her ass off on the other side of the call**

**click**

get home only to hear everyone laughing and making fun of me

worst part...i woke up late for work by about an hour or so...

just wondering if any of you guys experience this awesome FML moments or similar...

LimeLite Racing
07-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Hahahaha that's rad as fuck man! That happened to me when I worked for GE in Santa Clarita. You know it's a good feeling when you get to go back to bed.

TeamFRAT
07-16-2010, 03:46 PM
The pure panic attack for that split second when you realize your late is a killer....

1on1
07-16-2010, 03:59 PM
this happened to me plenty of times when i worked at Google, but i never left the house because i always check my email and forums when i first wake up.

DALAZ_68
07-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Hahahaha that's rad as fuck man! That happened to me when I worked for GE in Santa Clarita. You know it's a good feeling when you get to go back to bed.

i was to flustered to even bother doing that...

The pure panic attack for that split second when you realize your late is a killer....

seriously...the sheer thought of being that late to work, fuck shitting bricks, i was just about to shit a cathedral...that kind of panic!

but i never left the house because i always check my email and forums when i first wake up.

thats the thing, other times,i realized its to sunny outside for it to be the right day...but due to current weather...totally fooled...

duffman1278
07-16-2010, 04:11 PM
At least you weren't late to work. I once slept 15 hours on accident(didn't wake up to any of my alarm clocks) and missed my classes and work. Ended up waking up at the time I was suppose to be leaving work.

DALAZ_68
07-16-2010, 04:13 PM
At least you weren't late to work. I once slept 15 hours on accident(didn't wake up to any of my alarm clocks) and missed my classes and work. Ended up waking up at the time I was suppose to be leaving work.
i was late to work today... lol

8Nismo9
07-16-2010, 04:41 PM
this only happen to me when im really sick.i went to sleep and woke up later thinking i was late for school

FRpilot
07-16-2010, 05:03 PM
i have more of those moments where I wake up and think "woo hoo! it's saturday!" only to be disappointed to realize it's only tuesday or some day early in the workweek.

on weekends i usually wake up like 9-10am and during the workweek i usually wake up around +/- 6 to 6:30ish when it's all dark or barely any sun out, but during summer the sun rises early to fuck with me into thinking its saturday morning. probably laughs at me too.

brndck
07-16-2010, 05:04 PM
i did that once and was in the middle of calling work before i realized what was going on. it completely fried my brains and then i couldn't sleep that night.

bb4_96
07-16-2010, 05:23 PM

Contemplating how your going to tell your boyfriend?

LimeLite Racing
07-16-2010, 05:32 PM

Hahahahahaha

Slammed Assassin
07-16-2010, 05:34 PM
haha this happened to me before!!! sucks

Tokona-x
07-16-2010, 07:26 PM
damn dude that sucks! its happened to me before but ive never left the house in a rush i just wake up and my heart is pounding and im like wtf lol

Matej
07-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Use the European clock mode, where 7:30pm = 19:30. I use it on every device that allows me to.

bb4_96
07-16-2010, 07:35 PM
^not military......european.....

Matej
07-16-2010, 07:42 PM
^not military......european.....
They are different.
If the term European offends anyone, it is also referred to as 24-hour time.

chato de shamrock
07-17-2010, 12:39 AM
I had this happen to me before at an old job. I worked 6 days a week and woke up at 4am during the week to be in at 5am. The hot summer weather and waking up at 4am eventually got to me. I came home from work one time and crashed. Cousin called me up around 6:30pm. Picked up the call and took a look at the clock. 6:30 :eek: I jumped out of bed cusing like crazy into the phone. I buttoned up my jeans thinking i'll wear the same clothes to work and was about to put my shoes on when i noticed the tiny red dot on the digital clock indicating its 6:30 PM. Then I thought to myself, "no way in hell is my cousin up at 6:30AM." He started laughing his ass off at me.

DALAZ_68
07-23-2010, 10:06 AM
it completely fried my brains and then i couldn't sleep that night.

same here...so i ended up just knocking out at 12 and was late...lol

lol

I had this happen to me before at an old job. I worked 6 days a week and woke up at 4am during the week to be in at 5am. The hot summer weather and waking up at 4am eventually got to me. I came home from work one time and crashed. Cousin called me up around 6:30pm. Picked up the call and took a look at the clock. 6:30 :eek: I jumped out of bed cusing like crazy into the phone. I buttoned up my jeans thinking i'll wear the same clothes to work and was about to put my shoes on when i noticed the tiny red dot on the digital clock indicating its 6:30 PM. Then I thought to myself, "no way in hell is my cousin up at 6:30AM." He started laughing his ass off at me.

yeah...my alarm clock broke and havent been able to buy new...so i figured i must have slept thru my phone alarm and my tv...my tv is set to turn on at high volumn, but sometimes...i dont hear it...and my phone wakes me up...

it was just a bad day...lol

kennyword1
07-23-2010, 10:15 AM
haha shit sucks for real.

240sx123$
07-23-2010, 10:29 AM
That happened to my roommate once, and we kept it going.

He wakes up, freaking out "I GOTTA GET TO WORK!!!" and we're all just like "Dude, wtf are you doing here?! Its 8:00! You better get going!"

He gets a 60 second shower, throws his boots on, grabs his keys, and runs out the door.

Comes back 5 minutes later cursing all of us out. Hahahah I couldve died.

EDacIouSX
07-23-2010, 10:31 AM
hahaha I've done that before but for college classes. and probably high school

1on1
07-23-2010, 10:33 AM

that happened to me and that's how i lost my google job...first time ever doing that and they let me go. damn you ADECCO!!!!!!

cameronbialac
07-23-2010, 11:32 AM
I got a text at 11pm and I thought it was my phone alarm, so I get up and go turn the shower on and before I got in my dad knocked on the bathroom door and asked what I was doing and I looked at him like he was retarded and told him I was getting in the shower to get ready for school and then he laughed and told me to go back to bed. I was actually pretty pissed to find out it was only 11 and not 6

240sx123$
07-23-2010, 11:59 AM
I got a text at 11pm and I thought it was my phone alarm, so I get up and go turn the shower on and before I got in my dad knocked on the bathroom door and asked what I was doing and I looked at him like he was retarded and told him I was getting in the shower to get ready for school and then he laughed and told me to go back to bed. I was actually pretty pissed to find out it was only 11 and not 6

:bowrofl: I guess your house doesnt have windows. Haha

HyperTek
07-23-2010, 12:00 PM
what about those times when you take a nap in the afternoon and wake up around 9pm or so thinking its early in the morning the next day, then you realize the real time and you dont have shit to do and feel like you wasted the day.

cameronbialac
07-24-2010, 10:20 AM
:bowrofl: I guess your house doesnt have windows. Haha
I had a blanket over my window to keep the light out, and it's dark when I get up anyways

ManoNegra
07-24-2010, 10:41 AM
It's happened a few times to me when I was younger
last time in college I think after an afternoon nap
hasn't happened for over 10 years now
and what's odd, my alarm clocked stopped working during school
since then I just do a mental note of what time I need to wake up and do
doesn't matter how late I've stayed up the night before
maybe been late a few times ever
for example: went to bed past 12pm this Wednesday
still woke up at 5:30am to go to work (was tired as hell during the day though)

ZilviaKid
07-24-2010, 10:48 AM
whao people dont already use 24 hour clocks on everything? weirddd

i still think its worse when you wake up thinking its the wrong day.

RurouniMidnight
07-24-2010, 11:02 AM
This has happened to me a few times, but not recently. I usually wake up around 5:30am everyday for work and get home around 4 so ive crashed when i get home and fall asleep for a few hours and wake up all of a sudden and its dark outside so i think its the next morning and i have to go or im already late for work, the panic feeling it creates sucks lol.

LB 180SX
07-24-2010, 12:00 PM
what about those times when you take a nap in the afternoon and wake up around 9pm or so thinking its early in the morning the next day, then you realize the real time and you dont have shit to do and feel like you wasted the day.

haha. i hate when that happens..
i love it when u wake up in the middle of the night and realize you still have like 4hrs of sleep left, but hate it when you wake up 2 min before your alarm goes off! uggh!!

Iamdave
07-24-2010, 01:19 PM

ALL THE TIME. never fails >.>

coww-cho!!!!!
07-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Last year i did the same, took a nap on couch and woke up to a cartoon that my nephew usually watches when my sis drops him off early in the morn, and the wierd thing was that he was actually there and i looked out the window and it looked about 7 so putting everything together i was like shit im supposed to be at work! i didnt shower just put my clothes on sprayed cologne and a popped a tic tac then headed to work....

the thing was there were more cars than usual and the kids down the street weren't waiting for the bus so that grew more concern then i went through the radio stations and the usual DJ's wernt on so i flipped a bitch and went home and saw that every was gone out to eat and i was left to take care of my nephew i just didnt remember since i was napping when they asked me to take care of him lmao

handinpants
07-24-2010, 01:47 PM
dude steeve, stop smoking soo much weed.