PDA

View Full Version : Resume Help

initial_jc
07-16-2010, 01:14 AM
whats up fellas

i need a to make my resume, i just recently graduated and need to start looking for a job

do you guys have any tips, buzz words, or your resume to post for ideas(of course edit personal info out before you post)?

Im sure there is a bunch of you guys that might need some help with this also
I bet there are a bunch of people that know a little something something in this area also

J_Rad
07-16-2010, 01:38 AM
Heres 44

44 Resume Writing Tips (http://www.dailywritingtips.com/resume-writing-tips/)

LimeLite Racing
07-16-2010, 01:40 AM
Suck up big time. For example : "My main priority is satisfying the customer." Say the lame shit that you never wanted to say. It has gotten me management positions for quite some time.

initial_jc
07-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Im just stuck fellas there is a job that i really want and i feel im qualified for so i want to get it looking legit

slideslidegnarslide
07-16-2010, 11:32 AM
include all extra activities participated in school keep the resume short and professional if you hand in a three or 4 page resume they most likely wont even look

Sam_Well.13
07-16-2010, 11:44 AM
you let em hear what they want to hear... find a company you want do some research on what they do and goals to improve and just bring it up...

duffman1278
07-16-2010, 11:51 AM
include all extra activities participated in school keep the resume short and professional if you hand in a three or 4 page resume they most likely wont even look

I've seen this, well people turn in 2 pages with small font just to fill it all in. What a waste of time.

OP, keep your job descriptions short, but well described and make it sound like you did some professional crap, even if you just flipped burgers before.

enkei2k
07-16-2010, 11:51 AM
use their own keywords in your resume. if they're looking for someone 'proficient in MS Office', but those exact same words in your resume (given the fact that you are indeed proficient in MS Office, but then again I always assume everybody is).

good luck.

HyperTek
07-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Your selling yourself, make it professional.

Ive read some people's resumes and thought how bad they looked.

initial_jc
07-16-2010, 05:04 PM
thanks fellas, its coming alone pretty cool

J_Rad
07-17-2010, 01:09 AM
Make sure in your objective you say something like

To obtain a Quality Assurance position with Blizzard Entertainment where I will use my blah blah blah to help the company blah blah blah

be specific the position you want and list the company name

Phlip
07-17-2010, 06:09 AM
use their own keywords in your resume. if they're looking for someone 'proficient in MS Office', but those exact same words in your resume (given the fact that you are indeed proficient in MS Office, but then again I always assume everybody is).

good luck.

Wait, didn't I clean up YOUR Resume?
lol

handinpants
07-17-2010, 06:40 AM
as far as resume's when you put down past jobs, don't just put down where you worked and your position, anyone can fill a desk. companies want to see what you did to make things better at your last job and how you worked when you filled that desk

godrifttoday
07-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Just put my name... Jason corea... And hired!!!

initial_jc
07-17-2010, 11:02 AM
^^^^^ wait wut?

I put that i was highly organized and pops lmao'd at that

Should it be black and white only?

Anyone here wanna critique it? PM me

iwishiwas-all*
07-17-2010, 07:41 PM
if you need help you need to tell us more about your qualifications and activities, that way we can help you make a resume which fits you the best...

JSimpson
07-17-2010, 08:43 PM
my expierence is that most schools have an office just for this situation. they have counselors that will go over your resume with you, editing it with ways that will help get attention for the job of your choice. they can also provide specific buzz words to boost your resume.

I LUV MY S13
07-17-2010, 08:58 PM
dude just google for help. all over the web