PDA

View Full Version : racing game - f1 2010

HyperTek
07-15-2010, 11:33 PM
I know this one will be under alot of peoples radars since not many people in the US are really into F1.. but this could perhaps be one of the sickest racing games ever that people never look at outside of gran turismo and forza

1dm1PWu-tlQ

Developed by Codemasters, I wasnt really looking forward to it since their games are kind of lacking in the realism department, but always had eyecandy. well they got the eyecandy perfect on this one.

With the wet tracks, your suppose to see the dry line start to form. And the tracks will build up with marbles. and your tires will pick up dirt.

In F1 2010 turning on Tyre Simulation allows your tyres to wear, blister and puncture. You’ll also experience changes in grip level when driving on different surfaces. Picking up marbles, or gravel will cause you to suffer a loss of grip until they can be worn off.

Each car in F1 2010 like real life is allocated just 8 engines to use throughout the season. This means that managing your engines is of paramount importance if you don’t want to struggle late in the season. In the game you can decide which of your engines you should fit for a weekend.

You can also determine the rev limit and throttle maps that you wish to use. Both of these settings supply you with more or less power, and will cause the engine to wear to a greater or lesser degree. Pushing your engine too hard can of course also increase its wear during a race.

With regards gearboxes, altering a car’s shift mode in the car setup gearbox menu allows you to change how quick your car changes gear. Changing the shift mode to fast will allow you to change through the gears quickly but will result in more engine wear. Using a slower shift mode is beneficial in low grip conditions, especially wet weather, as it will cause the wheels to spin less violently as you change through the gears. You can also set the gears to change

at specific speeds via the car setup menu if you’d like.

ikSFrzREfrM

satal95
07-15-2010, 11:59 PM
Looks bad ass. I'll be down for it

Sam_Well.13
07-16-2010, 12:27 AM
i always get down with the F1 on gran turismo... but this one sets it off.. my wife walked by and thought it was a real thing

duffman1278
07-16-2010, 01:22 AM
This looks sick, kinda makes me want to get a PS3 already.

4DOOR_LIFE
07-17-2010, 04:33 AM
damn that looks pretty sweet. I still have Formula 1 Championship Edition on Ps3, which came out in 06'. That game is soooo fucking fun, and i still never finished my career mode. i believe i am in my 12th race with team Super Aguri. my name in the game is Max Orido :( fanboy much? lol I've won more than half the races and barely have 1st place. hahaha.

forgot my PS3 got the yellow light of death....

Flipzide
07-17-2010, 04:52 AM
Kickass. I'm excited.

Freddy
07-17-2010, 09:55 AM
im getting this

BoostSlideWayz
07-17-2010, 02:24 PM
i loved the first one that was for ps3, i know this one is gonna be amazing.

!Zar!
07-17-2010, 02:29 PM
I always liked Codemasters racing games; even back when they had the TOCA games. They always felt and seemed more realistic than GT. This should be a nice addition to any racing fan's game library.

Slammed Assassin
07-17-2010, 02:33 PM
seems fun!!

IMPORTIMAGE
07-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Def buying this when it comes out.

Not to go off topic but i'm really shocked no one has made a game completely dedicated to drifting

TheRealSy90
07-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Theres a couple D1 Gran Prix games, and other drifting games, they're all shit though.

fcdrifter20
07-17-2010, 05:33 PM
game looks amazing

MisawaJason
07-17-2010, 07:31 PM
I love F1. I had the old F1 game that came out just after the PS3 did. And the fact that this one is being made by codemasters makes it even better. It should be pretty damn tits

BoostSlideWayz
07-18-2010, 06:10 PM
any idea on release date ? I looked on some sites and it just says to be announced. im excited for this game.

Flipzide
07-18-2010, 07:38 PM
September 2010

billy10388
07-19-2010, 04:57 AM
damn that looks pretty sweet. I still have Formula 1 Championship Edition on Ps3, which came out in 06'. That game is soooo fucking fun, and i still never finished my career mode. i believe i am in my 12th race with team Super Aguri. my name in the game is Max Orido :( fanboy much? lol I've won more than half the races and barely have 1st place. hahaha.

forgot my PS3 got the yellow light of death....
me too
Thanks you for the post.
:)

HyperTek
08-26-2010, 09:56 PM
check out the tire damage
Ded_95ZKJdY

wet weather
f5xxFkBpqic

hahah that penalty system is dope.. "Under stewards review" like in real f1 where the race stewards review and come up with a penalty

HyperTek
09-20-2010, 11:45 AM
dam game looks awesome.. its around the corner too
CYb-UaGaHRc

50 crashes
c3OWljOroD4

a30F2HvyvDc

conrad_s13.5
09-20-2010, 02:01 PM
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

yep,... cant wait

LoneStarSilvia
09-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Damn I remember seeing this on Gamestop's website. I may have to scoop this up, but with so many awesome games coming out in November, I may have to put this on the back burner but I'm very pleased to them going so far to make an in depth F1 game.

kandyflip445
09-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Aren't wheels tethered to the frame with wire going through the suspension piece to keep the wheels from launching off in the even of a crash in F1?

HyperTek
09-22-2010, 12:03 AM
Yeah. Looks like they pop off too easy in the game. but still great attention to detail.

Im just not sure if I should get PS3 or PC version, if my pc can run it. Id like to think with the PC version, theres always the idea that individual modders will make mods for the game, like different season F1 etc.. People modded the shit out of the old EA F1 99-02 championship game

irax
09-22-2010, 12:11 AM
SWEET! They finally remade Pole Position!

icycooL
09-22-2010, 01:53 AM
Wow you actually found a couple videos of people that can actually drive! :rofl:

No srsly though, the game does look pretty awesome. I'm actually thinking about picking it up sometime soon, providing funds allow me to. I wonder if the multiplayer is any good...

HyperTek
09-22-2010, 11:22 AM
the game is out *except for US* but it hit torrent sites

F1 2010 – Out Now! » VirtualR – Sim Racing News (http://www.virtualr.net/f1-2010-out-now/#comments)

Some say the AI is way too easy even on the hardest setting... well its not a Sim and it is codemasters..

Figure wait til a few patch updates take care of all the glitches and issues.

http://www.virtualr.net/wp-content/gallery/2537/f12010_vgl2.jpg
Graphics look pretty on the PC but really when the game is in motion you hardly notice a difference imo.

HAWKKS
09-22-2010, 02:34 PM
I need reviews!!!

Z33dori
09-22-2010, 03:15 PM
when is us release

HyperTek
09-22-2010, 05:14 PM
US should have been out today but some places I guess will be on the 24th.

From reviews, people felt like it still needs 4-6 months development to sort out some bugs. Pit lane bug where they hold you in the pit til the coast is clear *its like the programmers didnt want to program the posibility of pit lane crashes etc*.
lqEfVxKoIEE

no drivers lol
1qUvE95WTJ4

ghost cars during a race
SMdI72pBxco
The game is available on steam right now $39 is the cheapest.. xbox and ps3 gonna be more of course.

They will probably fix all those issues with patch updates

HAWKKS
09-22-2010, 06:51 PM
After hitting the gym, I went to EBgames (gamestop) for Canada: SOLD OUT, futureshop: SOLD out, I went to best buy: 3 left ^^ gonna give reviews soon!

HAWKKS
09-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Now a little review:

So far, the game looks incredibly nice! Props!!! I started to play in the expert mode, which means no dynamic race lines, no traction control, no abs and auto-braking.

OMFG! It is so hard, without all of them, I did the practice session (usually known as Friday practice), the steering is very arcade (and very sensible, you need some good reflexes lol). I probably spun out 10 times on the first lap (LOL), then I realize that I am not as good as I thought so I put some assists on (race lines, traction control on ''medium'' and ABS) which help a lot, but OMG still shitty driver. So i decide fcuk that I'll go with everything except auto-braking. Much much much better. Still having shitty lap times, but hey it's the first time I play that game!

The physics is very strange, some time you will notice that the car is not responding anymore LOL

but so far the game is good, I think it's hard for me because I am use to Forza gameplay, but anyway gonna give more time.

ps: I'm not use to drive something with 7 speeds, so when downsifting time come, oh man pain in the butt! ^^ and I tried to drive with inboard view, dammn I can't see sh*t when corners are coming.

HyperTek
09-22-2010, 11:25 PM
are you playing with a controller or steering wheel? Should be totally different feel with a steering wheel.. Still waiting for my digital copy to finish. lol

HAWKKS
09-23-2010, 01:55 AM
With a controller, I think with a steering wheel the whole driving experience gonna be totally different

HyperTek
09-23-2010, 12:17 PM
yeahhh my copy runs great on my pc.. tho it wont save without a legit cd key.. i may purchase it , gotta see since i dont have a job at the moment.

4DOOR_LIFE
11-29-2010, 03:34 AM
Time to revive this thread ! !

alright so I am in no hurry to get gt5 thanks to all the disappointment you guys are displaying.haha. So i decided to pick up F1 2010 on xbox 360. oh man this game is so damn amazing, I highly recommend fans of the sport, or race simulator fans, to pick this game up ! ! I am a big fan of Formula 1 and have been growing up, so having a game this detailed and in depth is pretty awesome.

If there is one aspect of a racing simulator i like its how in depth they go in the Career mode. This game definitely gives you a small taste of what its like being a F1 driver. There are five different levels that players can select which dictate just how much hand-holding will be implemented to give Formula One newcomers a chance to get oriented. The main menu is the paddock area of your race team. You get interviewed after podium finishes, and you can even get interviewed while at the paddock( main menu) area. and your responses do have an affect on the rest of your team. Oh and you get to choose your race team based on the amount of years you plan to stay. I joined the BMW-Sauber race team, and my teammate is Kamui Kobayashi

The racing is nothing short of amazing. the amount of detail that has gone into the game is incredible. my first time racing in the rain was totally intimidating, and it took me a couple of practice runs and mixing and matching with the tires and set ups to get use to it. the There was definitely a good amount of work put into the AI, they do a good job of avoiding collisions with you, and they even move over when you are obviously faster. When you go off track the pebbles will collect on your tires and eventually wear off over time.

The interface during race weekends is pretty awesome. If you aren't on the track, you are checking stats, and tuning your car from inside the cockpit. You can pretty much check everything from weather forecasts, to race leaderboards, the set ups on every aspect of your vehicle(which are adjustable), and even keep track of how your teammate is doing in comparison to you. you can fastforward practice sessions if you are content with your lap times. There is just so much to explain and talk about, buy you really need to see for yourself.

I just love seeing my name on the top of the leaderboards amongst so many great drivers. and being addressed by my first name between races is super cool too. haha. I am about to start the 4th race of my rookie season and here is where I am at so far and my settings.

RACE 1: qualified pole, and eventually won the race
RACE 2: qualified 9th but received a 5 posistion grid penalty(14th), but worked my way to the top to win the race
RACE 3: qualified pole, and eventually won the race.

here are the settings for my career( you can adjust them from the paddock area)

Participation Level : Long Race Weekend
Race distance : 40 % (try holding a controller for that long, or even longer that that)
Difficulty level is custom:

-Braking assist : off
-ABS : on (yeah yeah yeah i know)
-Traction Control : Full ( don't say it )
-Dynamic Racing Line : Corners only
-Gearbox: Manual Sequential
-Pit Limiter: Manual
-Pit Box Control: Manual

Simulation Options:

Rules and Flags : Realistic
Tyre Simulation: On
Fuel Simulation: On
Car Damage Simulation: Full

Game Options :

-AI difficultly level: Intermediate
-Flashbacks: 4 (they come in handy.lol)

I know I can increase the difficulty level, but for now I am happy with where it is. It's not easy, you definitely have to be consistent to win. over time i will change the settings and increase the difficulty. Or maybe in my second season i will change it. There really aren't any flaws I can point out in the game. But if i did it would be for stupid things that don't matter like small glitches in the graphics here and there. But seriously I haven't bought a game recently that I was 100% happy with. And after purchasing this game I can say i finally found one.

the last Formula 1 game i played was " Formula 1 Championship Edition" for ps3. That was definitely a good game as well( came out about 3 years ago)

oh and my controller settings are custom:

Steering: Left stick (obviously)
Accelerate: Right Trigger
Brake: Left Trigger
Gear up : Right Bumper
Gear down: left bumper
Pit Limiter: B
Request Pit In: Y
Car Status: X
Change Camera: A

having the shifter buttons up top definitely gives a close to formula 1 feel. (since i don't have a wheel). I recommend everyone to try my career and controller settings. shit is legit. If anyone has this and wants to hop online holla at ya boyyyyy.

my gamertag on xbl is : Negative Offset

put lame Black Ops and GT5 down, and pick this game up.

LoneStarSilvia
02-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Revising time.

Finally got around to playin this with my G27 and it helps soooooo much in terms of being precise.

I'm into my 4th or 5th race in my career with Lotus and Catalunya is completely domintating me right now. Those very slow 2nd gear chicane is fucking me up, the rumble strips make the car spin out so fast I can never correct it in time.

I ended up turning off the game just to kill my rising frustration, but I'm getting back into after work. I must triumph over that damn track, I want to see how the career progresses more.

4DOOR_LIFE
03-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Revising time.

I'm into my 4th or 5th race in my career with Lotus and Catalunya is completely domintating me right now. Those very slow 2nd gear chicane is fucking me up, the rumble strips make the car spin out so fast I can never correct it in time.

I ended up turning off the game just to kill my rising frustration, but I'm getting back into after work. I must triumph over that damn track, I want to see how the career progresses more.

DUDE ! ! i hate that turn. haha. i used up all my flashbacks on that turn alone. and every time I'd spin out towards the end of the race :( I'd get it down throughout the whole race, but when it counted i fucked up. so intead of restarting the race a million more times than i already did, i just took whatever place i could muster after the spin.

I just finished Silverstone last night. qualified pole, but finished the race in 3rd. it started to sprinkle lightly during the the middle of the race, and with 4 laps to go it started pouring down, and i was on prime tires. I made the bad choice of changing to wets at the same time as the 2 cars infront(i could've gone 1 more lap before pitting). It was my second time doing the race. the first time i took the chance of pushing the primes all the way to the finish, but by the 2nd to last lap I had absolutely 0 traction and the pack caught up.

I'm still in the lead going into Hockenheim.