PDA

View Full Version : CA Black 1990 Nissan 240sx SE Fastback - Asking $1,750

transient
07-15-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm moving across the country and I've decided, sadly, to sell my car. I had great plans for it, but it just doesn't make sense in the snowy climate I'll be heading to.

The good:

New Nismo engine mounts
New poly transmission mount
A fairly new radiator and coolant tank
KYB dampers and front strut mounts replaced about 8,000 miles ago
A solid steel driveshaft from the driveshaft shop
Sportmax 501 +15 offset wheels
HKS Hi-Power 2.5" exhaust system (sounds great)
SPEC Stage 3 clutch kit
SPEC Lightweight Flywheel with replaceable friction surface
Khumo Ecsta Ultra high performance tires on 3 wheels. *see "the bad" for more details
Alpine iPod controlling head unit
New front speakers

The Bad:

The odometer is non-functional. It says about 126,000 miles, but I'm guessing it's closer to 150k.
The speedometer is non-functional. I check the tach if I'm worried about my speed.
The paint is in rough shape.
One of the rims has a dent in it from kissing a curb. That wheel also has an all-season Khumo tire on it due to difficulty sourcing tires on short notice.
One of the headlights doesn't go down. I'm 99% positive it's just a bad relay. I can show you where I think the problem is.
There's a bit of slack in the drivetrain somewhere which makes it a little difficult to drive at times. My guess is that replacing the differential would solve the problem.
There's a bit of a whine from the drivetrain while under power.
The headlights could use some adjustment.

I purchased the car in rough shape and spent what I could to fix it up as I went along. I drive about 4 miles a day on weekdays and often don't drive on the weekend. I'd love to see it go to someone who'll continue restoring it to its former glory.

I'm looking to sell the car after August 20th, since I'll need it to commute prior to then. If, however, you're really serious about the car and this is a problem, let me know and I can see if I can make some other arrangements. The buses on the west-side are decent.

Picture: Side profile on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/digital-traffic/2681618428/)

The suspension has settled a bit since that shot, but it's still at the stock ride height. I never wanted to lower it because LA can be a bit bumpy in places.

transient
07-24-2010, 10:33 PM
The car has been sold.