PDA

View Full Version : fixit ticket?

demonspeed
07-13-2010, 06:01 PM
First i wanna say that if this isnt in the right spot, can a mod please move it and PM me so i know where to put it at for future references? thanks

Okay so i have a quick question...yes i know that theres a thread for you to post questions but i posted and nobody has answered my question and my shit is like 4 pages back....with that being said:

What happens if you get a fix it ticket for exhaust db level and your motor blows a week or two after? Obviously i know you still have to pay the ticket but do you still have to go to the ref even if its a different motor? keep in mind that this is a bone stock 240...straight KA powah lol! sry if this comes off as "noob" but I've NEVER had a ticket and this is my first one and ive had my license since i was 15....any feedback postive..and negative is appreciated

lazysk8er2
07-13-2010, 06:06 PM
im pretty sure your gonna get more shit if you tell them its a diff motor cuz then you gotta register that motor with your chassis.

better off saying nothing and just hope it passes.

Z32TT-R
07-13-2010, 06:07 PM
They are just testing the db level not the motor..and if you did get a ticket for the motor and sent to bar n ref and blew it right after the ticket but put a new motor in, you still have to go unless paying it of course.

demonspeed
07-13-2010, 06:12 PM
so what happens if i were to junk the car? what would happen to the fixit ticket? or would it get dismissed?

Z32TT-R
07-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Why would you junk the car? are you knowing your not going to pass or something? If you have a stock KA like you mentioned i dont understand your logic..bc you will pass. If they are checking only db's then throw stock exhaust back on as i'm sure the reason you got the ticket is bc of a fat cannon exhaust.

demonspeed
07-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Why would you junk the car? are you knowing your not going to pass or something? If you have a stock KA like you mentioned i dont understand your logic..bc you will pass. If they are checking only db's then throw stock exhaust back on as i'm sure the reason you got the ticket is bc of a fat cannon exhaust.

Its not that i wont pass...but i literally just blew my motor....Mechanic said he'd charge me oh, 600 for a new motor. Now in my mind i can either: A, pay him 600 for a stock motor (wrong), B look for motors on here, craigslist, and Nico or C, get what i originally wanted (coupe) since one is for sale for 500 bucks

I cant throw the stock back on because it was literally pieced together...im talking about a stock downpipe connected to a Honda civic Cat that was JB welded btw to a stock muffler that had more holes than swiss cheese..and thats just one of the many things i found with this car. as soon as i took that shit off, it crumbled in my damn hands...

Z32TT-R
07-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Um wow ghetto as f*ck, If getting rid of the car then appear in court and explain to the judge what has happened with the car and that its junked he might wave it or you still might have to pay a fee but go in front of the judge and get it handled if thats the route you go.

fckillerbee
07-13-2010, 08:40 PM
wow....why didn't you just call the court? or maybe the dmv? I know sometimes we can answer things on here...but if you didn't get a response quickly, i would have just called where I pay the ticket...keep in mind, if you junk the car, i'm sure the judge will want to see transfer of ownership, or something of that sort.

sinister240
07-13-2010, 11:42 PM
If you decide to keep the car, I have a stock KA off of my 96 with a 5spd and stock computer for $400. The harness is ripped apart for my swap, so I'm not sure how much of it is usable. And the motor/trans has 150k miles on it as well.

Sam_Well.13
07-14-2010, 01:22 AM
just go to court and tell them the motor blew... but your fixing it and puttin it back to stock and gettin it ready to just sell. ive gotten plenty of tickets... other i have to go see a state ref for a motor swap.

so i just "sell" my car, to a friend or cousin with different last name.. have them smog it under the table.. then re sell it to me.. ticket gone. and its smogged.

佩恩_
07-14-2010, 01:25 AM
just go to court and tell them the motor blew... but your fixing it and puttin it back to stock and gettin it ready to just sell. ive gotten plenty of tickets... other i have to go see a state ref for a motor swap.

so i just "sell" my car, to a friend or cousin with different last name.. have them smog it under the table.. then re sell it to me.. ticket gone. and its smogged.

that's what i'm going to do hahas

s13coupe1988
07-14-2010, 01:40 AM
man a little off topic but i got a fixing ticket for a broken tail light and my car was down and not registered went to court after the fta and the judge hit me with a $900 ticket now that sucks whatever you do take care of it asap

MelloS13
07-14-2010, 01:57 AM
My last previous car I got a ticket for my intake. I was also in the process of selling the car. I sold the car before the court date, I told the judge the car has been sold but since I broke the law I still had to pay the bail amount. Depending on the judge whether you pay or not if he/she is having a good day lol.

Z32TT-R
07-14-2010, 02:44 AM
man a little off topic but i got a fixing ticket for a broken tail light and my car was down and not registered went to court after the fta and the judge hit me with a $900 ticket now that sucks whatever you do take care of it asap

That seems alil excessive for a broken taillight there has to be more to that story...

And yea you broke the law and were issued a ticket, doesnt matter if its off the road or sold you are responsible of the day you got the ticket so you either have to fix it and pay the small fee or dont fix it and pay the large fee, or you can go to court before the judge and see if he can reduce the price and or wave it..which can be long shot but still a shot.

sinister240
07-14-2010, 07:59 AM
^^yep, it will be a long shot. They're hurting for money, they aren't very forgiving on the fees. But the fees get even worst if you are late, so take care of it promptly. A $10 fix it ticket can turn into a $460 fix it ticket really quick if you procrastinate, even if you correct the violation.

beb
07-14-2010, 09:34 AM
I am actually sending in payment and proof of correction on my ride height and exhaust dB today... Cost me $50! BLah..

I say you first find out how much it would cost to fix, not replace your motor. If thats too high, then go in on your court date and see the judge. Ask the judge what you can do, I would also bring in a letter from your mechanic stating that the motor is blown; just in case. I highly recommend going in to see the judge in your situation - they can show leniency and either let you go or significantly lower your fine... just try to bring anything close to being proof in regards to the motor.

niteridaz503
07-14-2010, 10:06 AM
My last previous car I got a ticket for my intake. I was also in the process of selling the car. I sold the car before the court date, I told the judge the car has been sold but since I broke the law I still had to pay the bail amount. Depending on the judge whether you pay or not if he/she is having a good day lol.

same thing happened to me lol but yeah id say whatever you do still show up & provide any documentation if necessary depending on what route you go with.

demonspeed
07-14-2010, 05:20 PM
yea...i gotta request that day off from work if they let me. hopefully they can at least shed some light when i go there tomorrow