PDA

View Full Version : computer guru's help?

8Nismo9
07-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Alright so my bro has a Samsung TV thats hes using as a monitor for his computer.Now the issue is that when he plays his games on the tv,he cant see the whole game screen.The screen goes out of view at the edges.So is there some setting or somthing i need to play with so we can see the whole game screen?

amdnivram
07-10-2010, 08:11 PM
does he have a second monitor connected at the same time? Does he set the proper resolution for the tv? On the tv settings you can change it to wide, wide full screen, full screen, and etc which can do this at times like on my tv.

keistyle
07-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Check the aspect ratio, and just play with it.

8Nismo9
07-10-2010, 08:17 PM
does he have a second monitor connected at the same time? Does he set the proper resolution for the tv? On the tv settings you can change it to wide, wide full screen, full screen, and etc which can do this at times like on my tv.

no second monitor,we have been playing with the resolution but no luck.we also messed with the screen and it changed the desktop but whe n i get into the game it still goes out of screen

Check the aspect ratio, and just play with it.

what is the aspect ratio and how can i get to it?

keistyle
07-10-2010, 08:24 PM
no second monitor,we have been playing with the resolution but no luck.we also messed with the screen and it changed the desktop but whe n i get into the game it still goes out of screen

what is the aspect ratio and how can i get to it?

Should be listed under the graphic setting in the game you're playing.

8Nismo9
07-10-2010, 08:36 PM
2 games we play is diablo 2(i know its freaken old) that has no setting menu lol and the other is battlefield 2142,i went in to that games seting but there was no setting like the one you discriped

naibaf
07-10-2010, 09:42 PM
What's the model of the samsung tv?

It should have a maximum resolution for the input that you're using.

What are you using to connect to the tv? DVI? HDMI?

You can also play with your graphic cards advanced settings, sometimes you can tweak it better there.

BOROSUN
07-10-2010, 10:30 PM
could be the tv aspect ratio. check also if its window or full screen on the game setting.

8Nismo9
07-10-2010, 10:56 PM
What's the model of the samsung tv?

It should have a maximum resolution for the input that you're using.

What are you using to connect to the tv? DVI? HDMI?

You can also play with your graphic cards advanced settings, sometimes you can tweak it better there.

Samsung TX-S2782H,and hes using a HDMI cable, using a Direct 3D Nvidia GeForce 7960 GT video card

could be the tv aspect ratio. check also if its window or full screen on the game setting.

game doesnt have full or wide screen options and played with the TV screen setting which only gave us 2

BOROSUN
07-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Samsung TX-S2782H,and hes using a HDMI cable, using a Direct 3D Nvidia GeForce 7960 GT video card

Guide to 1:1 Pixel Mapping for Samsung HLS Series TVs through VGA using Powerstrip - AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=689283)

phillofdfuture
07-11-2010, 11:26 PM
go to the nvidia setting and check the ratios or screen options there

BOROSUN
07-12-2010, 03:30 AM
It's a overscan problem .

skylinrcr01
07-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Or its a resolution setting issue. just change the resolution down a step and fiddle with it until you get it where you need it. it should be under options--->video settings.