PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Motor Noise S13 240SX

derass
07-07-2010, 11:38 PM
hey all,

i had to take everything apart to change the bulbs on my s13....this included adjusting the length of one of the headlight motor connecting rods

the headlights pop up smoothly and quitely but when i shut them the one side i adjusted is making some noise...like a rattle or rapid clicking/clunking

nothing seems to be interfereing or resisting the movement.... anyone experience something like this or have any suggestions?

deuce40sxftw
07-08-2010, 12:01 AM
hey all,

i had to take everything apart to change the bulbs on my s13....this included adjusting the length of one of the headlight motor connecting rods

the headlights pop up smoothly and quitely but when i shut them the one side i adjusted is making some noise...like a rattle or rapid clicking/clunking

nothing seems to be interfereing or resisting the movement.... anyone experience something like this or have any suggestions?

mine buzz when they open/close, its like a bzzzzzzzzzp, bzzzzzzb. i would say maybe a wire got stuck somewhere, or something was left in contact? have someone sit in the car and pop them up and down while you look around there, take the cover off