PDA

View Full Version : All things tennis

lawrenceyang
07-05-2010, 09:39 PM
been playing tennis for about five years, wondering if anyone else plays/keeps up with the sport, who peoples favorite players are, etc. just to start things off i play with a hawaiin forehand grip and an eastern one handed backhand grip. played for four years in high school, have just been playing on and off since then. favorite players...sampras and ivanesevic top the list for the past and as for current...gasquet, davydenko

allntrlundrgrnd
07-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Ive been playing tennis lately with my brother to get some exercise but I don't give a shit about the sport really.

I've been told I resemble Andre Agassi though.

lol

implayaz9
07-05-2010, 10:37 PM
been playing since I was kid.. played for my high school as well as my junior college and now play on the weekends with my bro. I love the sport.

WanganRunner
07-06-2010, 06:50 AM
Tennis is enormously entertaining to watch, although I haven't played it in years.

wh0aitznic0
07-06-2010, 08:35 AM
Tennis is addicting to watch on TV for me. I used to play back in high school (typical asian stereotype) but now I only play once in a blue moon.

slider2828
07-06-2010, 11:53 AM
I've been playing about 4 years and play about 3-4 times a week for 2 hours on end... Its super awesome sport and I keep up on a LOT of tennis.

Hawaiian forehand? Hahaha... interested, how does that go....

I play with semi western forehand and a one handed easter backhand grip. My Favorite weapon on choice right now is a Volkl PowerBridge 10+ Mid (93 sq.in) and also a KFactor 6.1 Tour (K90 for short). Both on Gosen 17, cause I can't really afford a string job every freakin 3 weeks.... Tried also many shoes, but the Adidas Barricades works best for me... Awesome stability and wear protection is the best. Righ now on Barricade 5's.

Favorite player is also Pistol Pete, Andy Roddick I have great respect for the guy, Federer of course, and Marat Safin. I also like Nikolay Davydenko, dude is so fun to watch hahaha and a hot wife too...

For the womens tour it would be Justine Henin and Serena Williams (Cause you just gotta respect the power), Ana Huntchuchova cause she is SOOOO HOT....

Went to see the US Open Last year was awesome and going to watch the Bank of the West Open @ Stanford University End of this month. I think that is a ATP 1000 tournament....

Great Thread!!! hahahah

implayaz9
07-06-2010, 12:15 PM
I went to watch Wimbledon like 4 years ago and the experience was amazing.

LimeLite Racing
07-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Tennis is fun. I'm no pro, but it's definitely good excercise.

wh0aitznic0
07-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Tennis fans, I find, are more "mature" than say Football or Baseball fans.

No offense.

lawrenceyang
07-06-2010, 03:06 PM
haha well haiwaiin grip is a more extreme western grip, it's kinda hard to describe but i'm almost at a continental grip but i hit with the OTHER side of the racket -> tons of topspin. i loves it. i might have a short video of me playing in high school online, have to look for it. my favorite racket i ever used was a ProKennex Copper Ace but i'm an idiot and smashed it in a match a few years ago...missed it ever since =(. using a Prince o3 tour currently

I've been playing about 4 years and play about 3-4 times a week for 2 hours on end... Its super awesome sport and I keep up on a LOT of tennis.

Hawaiian forehand? Hahaha... interested, how does that go....

I play with semi western forehand and a one handed easter backhand grip. My Favorite weapon on choice right now is a Volkl PowerBridge 10+ Mid (93 sq.in) and also a KFactor 6.1 Tour (K90 for short). Both on Gosen 17, cause I can't really afford a string job every freakin 3 weeks.... Tried also many shoes, but the Adidas Barricades works best for me... Awesome stability and wear protection is the best. Righ now on Barricade 5's.

Favorite player is also Pistol Pete, Andy Roddick I have great respect for the guy, Federer of course, and Marat Safin. I also like Nikolay Davydenko, dude is so fun to watch hahaha and a hot wife too...

For the womens tour it would be Justine Henin and Serena Williams (Cause you just gotta respect the power), Ana Huntchuchova cause she is SOOOO HOT....

Went to see the US Open Last year was awesome and going to watch the Bank of the West Open @ Stanford University End of this month. I think that is a ATP 1000 tournament....

Great Thread!!! hahahah

sickstatus
07-06-2010, 03:10 PM
GmF-n4PRwoc