PDA

View Full Version : Rad Experience - Saturday Night Drifting - HTM - July 31

ryster
07-03-2010, 08:18 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/ryster_bucket/rad%20experience/2010/Cold%20Summer%20Nights/ColdsummernightsHTM.jpg

Thanks to the help of Willow Springs International Raceway, Tire Express, Green Oil, and Performance Nissan we are able to do SATURDAY night events.

RAD EXPERIENCE IN COOPERATION WITH INFINITWHEELS presents:
COLD SUMMER NIGHTS
HORSE THIEF MILE
JULY 31
TIME ATTACK AND DRIFT
$125 PER DRIVER
$180 FOR BOTH

LAP TIMERS AVAILABLE (beat the RAD record on HTM 1.11.11 clockwise)

LOADS OF TRACK TIME:
WE START AT 3PM AND END AT 11PM

Upon sending payment, please provide the following in the payment details:

0. Cold Summer Nights 2
1. Name:
2. Date driving: July 31, 2010
3. Type of driving: Time Attack or Drift or Both
4. Contact number:
5. Email:
6. Emergency contact number:
7. Name and Relation to emergency contact number:
8: How did you find out about us?

Instructors are available for both Time Attack and Drift.

Camping allowed!

To register please visit our website: R.A.D. Experience (http://www.rad-experience.com)

Paypal address: [email protected]

See you guys there!

peace!

chard06
07-03-2010, 10:06 PM
HTM @ night!!!!! Wohooooooooo!!!! :D

lechu84
07-03-2010, 11:58 PM
:bowrofl::bigok::bowrofl::bigok::bowrofl::bigok::b owrofl::bigok::bowrofl::bigok::bowrofl::bigok::bow rofl:

ryster
07-07-2010, 11:59 PM
Lets do this!

Continuous run groups

No overheating

Music

Good vibes

RAD time!

See you guys soon!

dkwasherexd
07-09-2010, 10:38 PM
htm drifting at night?? fuuuu Im soo down

eytsics
07-12-2010, 09:27 PM
i don't think my car's gonna be ready by then, so i'll probably just watch:bash:

breakindrifts
07-13-2010, 02:39 AM
Shits going to be epic.
HTM at night time has never been done before.

This event will seperate the boys from the men.

lechu84
07-14-2010, 12:50 AM
this is great, my dad talked me out of our family camping trip that weekend and said this would be more benefitial!!. see you guys there

chard06
07-14-2010, 01:37 AM
I should be back in town for this event. HTM at Night = epic event!!! Can't wait!

94cc0rd
07-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Hey ryan/carlo/richard!!! sorry I've been MIA for a while... I've just been busy with work and BROKE!!!

but good news, I got my car fixed and barring any other problems or committments.. i'll be able to come out to this event!!!

lechu84
07-15-2010, 12:39 AM
^^doode all good man. its always priority first.. see you there!

chard06
07-15-2010, 02:02 AM
Hey ryan/carlo/richard!!! sorry I've been MIA for a while... I've just been busy with work and BROKE!!!

but good news, I got my car fixed and barring any other problems or committments.. i'll be able to come out to this event!!!

See you at the tracks man!!!

UNITEDMASTER
07-15-2010, 06:50 PM
This sounds good, whats the registration deadline? Also when you say time attack, will this be a 20-30 min grip session or 2-3 laps timed ?? LMK THANKS

fckillerbee
07-15-2010, 06:56 PM
I saw the title....oh man....please have plenty of footage, as people will be crashing! haha

ryster
07-17-2010, 12:21 AM
This sounds good, whats the registration deadline? Also when you say time attack, will this be a 20-30 min grip session or 2-3 laps timed ?? LMK THANKS

Time attack will be 30 min sessions, as so will be the drift sessions.

Lap timing is available, with a small additional fee. We need to get at least 10 grip drivers to commit so we can provide lap timing.

I saw the title....oh man....please have plenty of footage, as people will be crashing! haha

Plenty footage assured, but we will make sure we keep our zero incident record. :)

You should come out and play.

It will be fun.

We promise.

ryster
07-17-2010, 12:22 AM

Oh, spots still open. Sign up now.

Sliders562
07-17-2010, 02:23 AM
never really got to meet Rad Experience before and see that you guys will be rockn @ HTM

we'll probably swing by after the touke event downstairs at the balcony =)

See ya on July 31st

Slammed Assassin
07-17-2010, 02:57 AM
ill be there for sure to spectate if i don't come up with funds for this one..let me kno if you guys need a hand with anything.

lechu84
07-18-2010, 10:15 PM
have you guys seen the new flyer? so legit, imma try to scan it when i get home.

xdumbxguyx
07-18-2010, 10:33 PM
bump for my boys over at infinit!

lechu84
07-24-2010, 02:07 PM
7 more day!! lets DO IT!!!

chard06
07-25-2010, 02:58 PM
On r way back to California!!! See you guys at the track! HTM at night here we go!

ryster
07-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Spots still available!

See you guys there!

lechu84
07-29-2010, 08:05 PM
need to start getting ready. procrastinated for 2 weeks lol.

2 more days!

driftsilvias13
07-30-2010, 02:32 PM
need to start getting ready. procrastinated for 2 weeks lol.

2 more days!

Dude I have that tendency too.

Genex626
07-30-2010, 07:14 PM
If i had a 240 i would so be down

94cc0rd
07-30-2010, 07:29 PM
yay, going to pick up my 240 tonight... gonna change the oil and make sure its pretty for tomorrow! wooooo!

hey ryan, sorry i can't make it until 4-5ish... gotta help my friend move in the morning/afternoon...

kiss my bumper
07-30-2010, 09:10 PM
i cant wait to drive tomorrow. after 2 years of rebuild. its going to be dope

chard06
07-31-2010, 12:17 AM
Almost ready... see you guys tomorrow!!! :D :D :D

YoungGun
07-31-2010, 07:48 AM
Got my car running good, see you guys this afternoon.

chard06
08-01-2010, 04:18 AM
just got home from the racetrack. HTM at night was crazy but hella fun! Props to Joon Maeng who showed up to support grassroots drifting. A lot of good timeattack and drift drivers!!! Thanks to Infinit Wheels...

Took some pictures and will post it up soon!

chard06
08-01-2010, 04:19 AM
just got home from the racetrack. HTM at night was crazy but hella fun! Props to Joon Maeng who showed up to support grassroots drifting. A lot of good timeattack and drift drivers!!! Thanks to Infinit Wheels...

Took some pictures and will post it up soon!

d1n0saur
08-01-2010, 03:46 PM
lets see where shall i start. im a girl that enjoys going to drift events to support and help my friends. but this event sucked! i can list quite a few things that just made me furious.

-entrance fee $5 ? wtfx.
-the ninjas being little girls.
-no ride alongs so we paid 5 just to sit around and do nothing! which i found really stupid! (you guys coulda included that we pay to just spectate!)
-the music with messed up speakers.
-not enough tandem!

b.a.d! experience. wasn't what i expected. this is the worse drift event I've ever been to! rediculous drift event !

Aypawk
08-01-2010, 06:50 PM
The 5 dollar fee has nothing to do with RAD. Thats what WSIR charges no matter what. I take it youve never been to WSIR. Wasnt it 10 dollars? It was back in May.

karl wasabi
08-01-2010, 06:58 PM
The 5 dollar fee has nothing to do with RAD. Thats what WSIR charges no matter what. I take it youve never been to WSIR. Wasnt it 10 dollars? It was back in May.

Umm... there was a $10 fee at the gate of the track, and a $5 spectator fee for RAD. If you were driving then you didn't get charged that $5 fee. If you just came to watch you had to pay $5.

chard06
08-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Sorry to hear that d1n0saur (http://zilvia.net/f/members/d1n0saur.html) but we will take note of your comments. First of, no 'ride alongs' is WSIR's policy. There were quite few tandems but please consider that this is not a drift competition. Also this is drifting Horse Thief Mile at night, first ever to happen so we make sure that SAFETY FIRST is in place. Maybe next time when drivers are already used drifting HTM night you'll see more tandems.

But again, appreciate your feedback and sure will take note of it.

SoCal-s130
08-01-2010, 09:26 PM
I was pretty pissed off that I had to hand over 5 bucks to the "rad experience" guys just to get to horse thief parking lot and no ride alongs were allowed. Super disappointed.

chard06
08-01-2010, 11:31 PM
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/chard_f/HTM%20Nights%20by%20Todd%20McCarty/37787_147745475237839_100000071626800_422772_17792 52_n.jpg

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/chard_f/HTM%20Nights%20by%20Todd%20McCarty/38844_147745558571164_100000071626800_422778_57323 29_n.jpg

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/chard_f/HTM%20Nights%20by%20Todd%20McCarty/39732_147745821904471_100000071626800_422797_70107 79_n.jpg

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/chard_f/HTM%20Nights%20by%20Todd%20McCarty/39931_147745788571141_100000071626800_422794_59115 82_n.jpg

For more pictures, go to R.A.D. Experience: Media Gallery (http://www.rad-experience.com/search/label/Media%20Gallery)

udon!
08-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Those dudes at the entrance were assholes

No ride alongs was lame

Maiku240sxS14
08-02-2010, 09:11 AM

I'm with this guy!

kouki3015
08-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Ridealongs have been prohibited by WSIR for a long time now, you can't be mad at RAD experience for enforcing this rule. Unless the organizer has their own insurance coverage, which is more costly, ridealongs are not permitted in WSIR tracks for safety and for the sake of everyone in case anything happens. Do know that many drivers that attend these events are not professionals, and WSIR IS a race track. Although you may think it's all fun and games at these events, race tracks are HAZARDOUS and DANGEROUS when something goes wrong. WSIR, event organizers, and even the drivers would definitely not want to be liable for any injuries or deaths sustained by the ridealong passengers. If you're not the driver, you have no business being in the car at the tracks. Simple as that. If you want to be on the track, then drive your own damn car.

One more thing, why the heck is everyone complaining about $5?!? I don't see people complaining about $10 for entering WSIR. People pay to enter and "SPECTATE" formula D events, Pro-AM, heck... even to SPECTATE a high school football game for much more than $5. Hosting drift events, not evening considering paying for HTM to run at night, the cost to have the lights running, etc. is not cheap. Have some respect, get off your ass and get a job so you can AFFORD that $5 to support your friends, help out the organizers so they can keep future drift events going for the drivers. Bunch of cry babies

kouki3015
08-02-2010, 03:55 PM
If you want to rebuttal against what I just posted, or complain how that $5 was not worth paying.. I'm just going to tell you that you're a cheap ass. And no, I'm not part of RAD. I only appreciate that there's event coordinators out there that goes above and beyond to allow us amateur drivers to be able to do what we do in a safe and professional environment. I'm not saying you can't criticize or point out things that can be improved or changed in future events, just please do it RESPECTFULLY.

breakindrifts
08-02-2010, 05:05 PM
One more thing, why the heck is everyone complaining about $5?!? I don't see people complaining about $10 for entering WSIR. People pay to enter and "SPECTATE" formula D events, Pro-AM, heck... even to SPECTATE a high school football game for much more than $5. Hosting drift events, not evening considering paying for HTM to run at night, the cost to have the lights running, etc. is not cheap. Have some respect, get off your ass and get a job so you can AFFORD that $5 to support your friends, help out the organizers so they can keep future drift events going for the drivers. Bunch of cry babies

:stupid:QFT

Running an event, especially HTM at night, is not cheap.

lechu84
08-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Aside from all the drama, i hope all the drivers enjoyed themselves, im know i did. i think everyone did great on the track considering its the first time were doing htm at night. that down hill after the love shack was a trip. i had a hard time linking that biatch. anyway hope you guys enjoy the pix that was taken. i think theres more to come..

pacotaco345
08-02-2010, 10:12 PM

"Hey we don't have any money but our friends coming back"
"Just stand out here" (do nothing for a half hour and bake in the sun)

ryster
08-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks to everyone that went to the event, both drivers and spectators.

This is the first time in history Horse Thief Mile has been driven at night.

I am here to clear up some issues:

1. No ride along rule is set by wsir, we are just complying.
2. $5 spectator fee is to help us cover costs.
>>>>>A regular daytime HTM event is $125.
>>>>>We charged $125 for a night event with 7 lights, upgraded insurance and fire and rescue.
3. The guys at the gate are just doing their job. If you have any concerns, I would be glad to set anybody up a meeting with them.
4. The DJ that plays music comes for free, he just wants to play for us. I'm glad that he is there.

I just noticed, all of the guys with negative comments did not even drive, some did not even go in to spectate. Im sure if you drive next time you will have a lot more fun.

If you have other concerns, please post up and I will take care of it as much as I can.
----------------

We will be doing this again soon. We will be adding two more lights, making it nine lights for the next event.

Price will still be the same at $125, spectators will still be $5, drivers will still get in for free.

kouki3015: Have I met you before? Run next event. Its on me!

See all you guys next event.

peace!

DreamN
08-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Ridealongs have been prohibited by WSIR for a long time now, you can't be mad at RAD experience for enforcing this rule. Unless the organizer has their own insurance coverage, which is more costly, ridealongs are not permitted in WSIR tracks for safety and for the sake of everyone in case anything happens. Do know that many drivers that attend these events are not professionals, and WSIR IS a race track. Although you may think it's all fun and games at these events, race tracks are HAZARDOUS and DANGEROUS when something goes wrong. WSIR, event organizers, and even the drivers would definitely not want to be liable for any injuries or deaths sustained by the ridealong passengers. If you're not the driver, you have no business being in the car at the tracks. Simple as that. If you want to be on the track, then drive your own damn car.

If you want to rebuttal against what I just posted, or complain how that $5 was not worth paying.. I'm just going to tell you that you're a cheap ass. And no, I'm not part of RAD. I only appreciate that there's event coordinators out there that goes above and beyond to allow us amateur drivers to be able to do what we do in a safe and professional environment. I'm not saying you can't criticize or point out things that can be improved or changed in future events, just please do it RESPECTFULLY.

This dude right here deserves a cookie. If I ever meet you I'm giving you a cookie.
:stupid:QFT

Running an event, especially HTM at night, is not cheap.

Werd.

"Hey we don't have any money but our friends coming back"
"Just stand out here" (do nothing for a half hour and bake in the sun)

Why would you stand there? Get back in your car(s) and turn the A/C on and enjoy some music.

Thanks to everyone that went to the event, both drivers and spectators.

This is the first time in history Horse Thief Mile has been driven at night.

I am here to clear up some issues:

1. No ride along rule is set by wsir, we are just complying.
2. $5 spectator fee is to help us cover costs.
>>>>>A regular daytime HTM event is $125.
>>>>>We charged $125 for a night event with 7 lights, upgraded insurance and fire and rescue.
3. The guys at the gate are just doing their job. If you have any concerns, I would be glad to set anybody up a meeting with them.
4. The DJ that plays music comes for free, he just wants to play for us. I'm glad that he is there.

I just noticed, all of the guys with negative comments did not even drive, some did not even go in to spectate. Im sure if you drive next time you will have a lot more fun.

If you have other concerns, please post up and I will take care of it as much as I can.
----------------

We will be doing this again soon. We will be adding two more lights, making it nine lights for the next event.

Price will still be the same at $125, spectators will still be $5, drivers will still get in for free.

See all you guys next event.

peace!

Ryan, love you bro. One of the few who actually care to give you your money's worth and simply does it for the love of the game.

I know I've said this before, but car will soon be road worthy. I promise you I'll be at an event soon enough.

kouki3015
08-02-2010, 10:52 PM

Ryan, this is Darwin. I'm going to save this thread and use it as a raincheck. haha. I've been around enough to know what you guys have to go through to put events together. I support you guys 100%, same with Charlie.

Dreamn, I'll be claiming my cookie when we do meet, haha

chard06
08-03-2010, 01:03 AM
Aside from all the drama, i hope all the drivers enjoyed themselves, im know i did. i think everyone did great on the track considering its the first time were doing htm at night. that down hill after the love shack was a trip. i had a hard time linking that biatch. anyway hope you guys enjoy the pix that was taken. i think theres more to come..

More pics to come within the week!!!

udon!
08-03-2010, 01:22 AM
honestly thought the event was r.a.d. as fuck besides the two things i listed above.

Cannot wait for the next event.

karl wasabi
08-03-2010, 12:08 PM
This event was pretty fun. I got there kinda late, but I still had plenty of run time. Kinda took a while for the night session to start, but that's understandable considering you have to figure out where and how to position the lights.

I didn't like that there was a $5 fee at the gate. Yeah, it's not expensive, but still; it was unexpected. If it was listed in the thread beforehand, it would have been alright. Now everyone knows that there's gonna be a $5 fee the next event, so there can't be anything to complain about. Oh, and tell the people working at the gate to be a little more polite.

I didn't like the "no passenger" rule either. This too is understandable, but I didn't know this beforehand as well. The events I usually drive, 626 Drift and Just Drift, allow passengers and I wasn't expecting a no passenger rule. When I go to the track I like to bring my friends along and give them rides. ESP. the friends who don't drift. I'd rather give them a ride on the track than in the streets.

Other than that the event was pretty well organized. Staff was doing their job and I had fun. I should be at the next event if I can get my oil pan fixed (too many dirt drops causes holes in oil pan). lol.

I WANT TO SEE PICTURES AND VIDEO!!!

kiss my bumper
08-03-2010, 02:33 PM
I want to see pictures and video!!!

+1

YoungGun
08-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Good event, good job ryan.

I want moar pics!!!

ryster
08-05-2010, 01:07 AM
This event was pretty fun. I got there kinda late, but I still had plenty of run time. Kinda took a while for the night session to start, but that's understandable considering you have to figure out where and how to position the lights.

I didn't like that there was a $5 fee at the gate. Yeah, it's not expensive, but still; it was unexpected. If it was listed in the thread beforehand, it would have been alright. Now everyone knows that there's gonna be a $5 fee the next event, so there can't be anything to complain about. Oh, and tell the people working at the gate to be a little more polite.

I didn't like the "no passenger" rule either. This too is understandable, but I didn't know this beforehand as well. The events I usually drive, 626 Drift and Just Drift, allow passengers and I wasn't expecting a no passenger rule. When I go to the track I like to bring my friends along and give them rides. ESP. the friends who don't drift. I'd rather give them a ride on the track than in the streets.

Other than that the event was pretty well organized. Staff was doing their job and I had fun. I should be at the next event if I can get my oil pan fixed (too many dirt drops causes holes in oil pan). lol.

I WANT TO SEE PICTURES AND VIDEO!!!

Karl,

All of our night events have a $5 entry fee since we started night drifting, I promise I will do a better job of informing everybody next time.

As for the ride alongs, Im sure you know Wsir's rules.

Fix that oil pan an get it ready for the next one.

Ryan, this is Darwin. I'm going to save this thread and use it as a raincheck. haha. I've been around enough to know what you guys have to go through to put events together. I support you guys 100%, same with Charlie.

Dreamn, I'll be claiming my cookie when we do meet, haha

Darwin,

Send me your info. You dont need to bookmark this thread. What I offered you is set in stone.

More pics to come, Richard is editing all of them. lol!

See all you guys soon!

chard06
08-05-2010, 01:13 AM
Here is the 2nd installment of the pictures from the event. More at R.A.D. Experience: Media Gallery (http://www.rad-experience.com/search/label/Media%20Gallery)

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/chard_f/Cold%20Summer%20Nights%20at%20HTM/high5.jpg
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/chard_f/Cold%20Summer%20Nights%20at%20HTM/s2k.jpg
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/chard_f/Cold%20Summer%20Nights%20at%20HTM/mulsanne.jpg
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/chard_f/Cold%20Summer%20Nights%20at%20HTM/grip3.jpg
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/chard_f/Cold%20Summer%20Nights%20at%20HTM/joondownhill.jpg
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/chard_f/Cold%20Summer%20Nights%20at%20HTM/htmnight2.jpg
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/chard_f/Cold%20Summer%20Nights%20at%20HTM/gary.jpg

BigwaveSC
08-06-2010, 01:28 AM
So can night drifting at HTM work? how many light poles did you guys use?
and was it sketchy?

kapowerhicomp1
08-06-2010, 10:04 AM
could not make it f**k .....next time ryan

ryster
08-06-2010, 11:01 PM
So can night drifting at HTM work? how many light poles did you guys use?
and was it sketchy?

Dave,

It worked!

It felt like a totally different track.

There was only one casualty... a rabbit got run over by one of the drivers. It was DOA. lol!

Seriously, a rabbit got run over.

We use 7 lights, we will use 9 next time to make it better for driving.

It was not sketchy at all.

could not make it f**k .....next time ryan

promise James? :ghey: