PDA

View Full Version : weird fuel pump issue

sr20kouki
07-02-2010, 04:26 PM
my fuel pump will not prime when i turn the key to the on position, but after i crank the engine over it primes. it is pumping fuel for sure but why would it only prime after i stop cranking?

GSXRJJordan
07-02-2010, 04:38 PM
my fuel pump will not prime when i turn the key to the on position, but after i crank the engine over it primes. it is pumping fuel for sure but why would it only prime after i stop cranking?

The ECU activates the fuel pump relay in the stock configuration. If it's working while the engine's running, I say don't worry about it.

sr20kouki
07-02-2010, 04:48 PM
ok when i had an s13 sr with pfc it primed first, but now with the s14 sr and nistune ecu it primes late and thats ok? the car hasnt started yet just want to make sure

2fast4y0u
07-02-2010, 05:22 PM
had same issue and jsut fixed it.
check the fuel pump relay on the driver side kick panel near the fuse box. I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE TELLS U, THATS WHERE IT IS!!!

also, check the black/pink wire on the ecu and make sure its a GROUND. no power to this wire at all!
my power wire melted and fused itself with the black/pink wire and make my fuel not work at all.
check the fuse under the hood in the fuse box labled EGI. shoudl be a7.5 amp

also, check the second fuse up on the left side in the interior fuse panel.

then report back to us

JDMRIDDAZ
07-02-2010, 08:46 PM
rewire that crap..if its an s13 ..
rewire it ive got an sr an i will not let the ecu do anything but run the engine...
i dont want burnt stuffs...cause my cars old