PDA

View Full Version : No more EDC?

I LUV MY S13
07-01-2010, 07:19 PM
LAPD had warned of drug problems before Electric Daisy rave | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/07/lapd-had-warned-of-drug-problems-at-electic-daisy-rave.html)

its more of a local thing, but wasnt sure. sorry if in wrong section.

dont do drugs guys.

gunmetalr32
07-01-2010, 07:32 PM
rave = drugs it only makes sense. its nothing new

ESmorz
07-01-2010, 07:40 PM
rave = drugs it only makes sense. its nothing new

Phish concert = Drugs. It's nothing new.

What's your point?

She didn't even overdose it doesn't seem. She got heat exhaustion and then fell, hit her head, and got trampled. Also she really shouldn't have been there in the first place. Personally, I think all of this is just gearing up for a lawsuit. Fact is she shouldn't have been there, and maybe her parents could have called to check up on her and would have heard the loudest music imaginable.

I went, I didn't do any illegal drugs. I had a fantastic time.

all show no go
07-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Shit that's a lot of arrests.

HyperTek
07-01-2010, 08:09 PM

What's your point?

She didn't even overdose it doesn't seem. She got heat exhaustion and then fell, hit her head, and got trampled. Also she really shouldn't have been there in the first place. Personally, I think all of this is just gearing up for a lawsuit. Fact is she shouldn't have been there, and maybe her parents could have called to check up on her and would have heard the loudest music imaginable.

i went in 07 but had a great time and didnt do any illegal stuff. i think i was 23 when went or something..

They just need to stricken things up, like no minors, and have people sign weivers.

Had this been all adults, Im sure people would have behaved better.. but oh well, dumb teens in the peer pressure stage of "oh wow its soo cool!"

wh0aitznic0
07-01-2010, 08:16 PM
I've been to raves and rolled FACE before along with everybody else in there. I'm surprised authorities didn't shut it down before it even happened.

Bitch, this ain't the Netherlands.

I LUV MY S13
07-01-2010, 08:25 PM

What's your point?

AMEN to that, i did drink though :fruit:

none the less drugs are everywhere and you cant really blame the venue or promoters etc. i like the point they make in the end about how ending mainstream raves can have a negative impact, smaller even more unsafe "raves" will begin to sprout out

mau5trap
07-01-2010, 08:27 PM
they're only making this a big deal now cuz a 15 year old got in when she shouldn't have..and OD'ed or whatever the fuck happened to her. fkn dumbass little kids ruining it for everyone. The Promotor did fuck up on their part tho. Why would they set the age limit to 16?? lol wtf.

DUFFM4N
07-01-2010, 08:32 PM
there was an age cap on purchasing tickets, but were they checking IDs at the gate? No, BUT the girl was 15, and yeah it does suck for her family that she died, but why aren't her parents paying more attention to what shes doing and where shes going?

I went to EDC this year as well, didnt partake in any illegal drugs (i did drink in the parking lot though) but i had an amazing time. some people just have a different take on the whole "scene"...some go to enjoy the music with others...some go to get fucked up and not remember shit, which is stupid to me because if im gonna spend $60/day for a ticket to a concert/festival...im gonna wanna remember it

i dont think this was the last EDC, they can always take it back out to Indio

SlideWell
07-01-2010, 08:37 PM
I've been to raves and rolled FACE before along with everybody else in there. I'm surprised authorities didn't shut it down before it even happened.

Bitch, this ain't the Netherlands.

LOL, so funny, but so true. This isnt the fuckin 90's either. and who the hell wants to go to a "party" during the day anyway? i wanna go to some no permit, club stompin, heart rushin, night time carl cox, sasha, oakenfold....
wait, im turning 27 this month, and you can do some serious jail time for this shit now. been ther, done that, no thanks. nothing new here fellas.
hi, im 15, im going to die at a "rave" because i popped too many pills and am too dumb to know i should drink lots and lots of water.:down:

ESmorz
07-01-2010, 08:38 PM
AMEN to that, i did drink though :fruit:

Oh yeah. I drank, alot.

It is waaaaay to easy to smuggle stuff in though. I didn't even get patted down and everyone of my friends had a water bottle of Absolut in their crotch.

I LUV MY S13
07-01-2010, 08:38 PM
there was an age cap on purchasing tickets, but were they checking IDs at the gate? No, BUT the girl was 15, and yeah it does suck for her family that she died, but why aren't her parents paying more attention to what shes doing and where shes going?

I went to EDC this year as well, didnt partake in any illegal drugs (i did drink in the parking lot though) but i had an amazing time. some people just have a different take on the whole "scene"...some go to enjoy the music with others...some go to get fucked up and not remember shit, which is stupid to me because if im gonna spend $60/day for a ticket to a concert/festival...im gonna wanna remember it

im sure people end up paying more than 60 for this..i went for free and spent 40 for gas, parking and drinks inside..

and i also dont think this is the last EDC here. They make WAY too much money to just end it like this

mau5trap
07-01-2010, 08:44 PM
that's where the promoters fucked up by not checking IDs. but in a way alot of these event's are planned out last minute so alot of the staff ppl don't even give a shit and just let you in.

so, what's everyone ones next one?

ESmorz
07-01-2010, 08:48 PM
so, what's everyone ones next one?

audiotistic

I LUV MY S13
07-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Love fest..i only get into raves for free at the coliseum, so if its done there for good then no more ravin for me

TravisSW
07-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Drug dogs. There ya go. It may help haha.

And ya, you can sneak stuff in easily. Drugs, alcohol, even weapons.

Dogs and metal detectors, it should help a little bit.

I LUV MY S13
07-01-2010, 08:52 PM
they have dogs in other states already

mau5trap
07-01-2010, 08:56 PM
audiotistic
see you there brotha! haha
line-up is sooo sick

Love fest..i only get into raves for free at the coliseum, so if its done there for good then no more ravin for me
Love fest in San fran?

Drug dogs. There ya go. It may help haha.

And ya, you can sneak stuff in easily. Drugs, alcohol, even weapons.

Dogs and metal detectors, it should help a little bit.
-___-.
pls gtfo this thread.

I LUV MY S13
07-01-2010, 09:01 PM
nah at the coliseum in august

ronmcdon
07-01-2010, 09:17 PM
i went in 07 but had a great time and didnt do any illegal stuff. i think i was 23 when went or something..

They just need to stricken things up, like no minors, and have people sign weivers.

Had this been all adults, Im sure people would have behaved better.. but oh well, dumb teens in the peer pressure stage of "oh wow its soo cool!"

Waivers aren't a bad idea really, and it makes perfect sense in a sue-happy world.
Agreed with the 21 & up rule.
At least they could have a bar up for convenience's sakes (and make more $$$).

Can't say I feel bad for the chick.
It's just an implied rule that you ought to have more self constraint at public events.
I mean ppl get hurt at events from the occasional fighting.
Worst I've seen are ppl stabbed and/or had bottle broken over their head.
How often do you hear ppl dying at concerts/clubs?

mau5trap
07-01-2010, 09:20 PM
nah at the coliseum in august

that's tight, do you know who's playing?
and how do you get in for free if you don't mind me asking?

TravisSW
07-01-2010, 09:20 PM
-___-.
pls gtfo this thread.

Neva!

But seriously though, after all the years of going to raves, the security and the security checks are way too lax at the gate.

It only seems gate checking is a problem. I've seen security bust people in the event for doing stupid shit, whatever it may be and they do their job. I think if you improved the gate security and had more 18+ events it could possibly lower some issues that are already around. Not by much though I'm guessing.

Damn near impossible to check thousands of people.

I LUV MY S13
07-01-2010, 09:22 PM
idk about the waivers, you try getting 100,000 people to sign that shit in one night..plus all the paper will get costly

i think the reason they dont up the age limit yet is cuz they make money off them youngsters too..venue would probably be selling 50-60,000 tickets instead of their 100,000+..so thats less people buying water, food, and all the other things they make money from

I LUV MY S13
07-01-2010, 09:30 PM
that's tight, do you know who's playing?
and how do you get in for free if you don't mind me asking?

I work at the coliseum for events..ice skating, fairs, usc games etc etc..i can get in pretty much whenever i want

HyperTek
07-01-2010, 09:39 PM
but then again.. this girl probably had a fake id.. Soo many girls do that shit.

mau5trap
07-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Gate checking isn't the problem dood. It's all these little kids doing drugs and getting fucked up to the point where they can't take care of themselves.

I LUV MY S13
07-01-2010, 09:50 PM
i dont think this girl ( or people) died from the actual drug, but the side effects of the drug..dehydration

nissan240
07-01-2010, 09:50 PM

not indio. san bernardino, they been having it there for a couple of years too at the orange show.

audiotistic

forget audotistic. im waiting on tiesto in october. shitz gonna be tight. he only comes once every two years i believe to that states or at least here in cali.

drift freaq
07-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Wow were do I begin. Used to be the only people attending Raves were 21 and up. That changed within two years of the scene hitting in the early 90's.
Of course the 15-16 year old thing did not get really bad till the end of the 90's.
I put them on, I played at them.
The last one I went to might have even been Audiotistic circa 2000 . I was on the guest list. All I remember was it was at the Orange show and I was in one of larger rooms at the back of the room and I could see clear to the stage. The place was packed, with kids who's parents should not have even been allowing them to go to an all night party.
I turned to my buddy and said this is it I am done. I am never coming back to one of these.

If you think the stuff is bomb now, you don't even have an idea of how much better it used to be. Its too bad, but things change. Time moves on.

Its amazing sad and funny that( I forgot his name now) the promoter behind EDC is still working what I consider to be a dead horse. Sure he pulls in thousands of little kids. With the results of what is happening above.
Sure the girl might not have had a drug overdose. Though shit has not any one learned? 15 year old's do not belong at Raves period.

My hat goes off to Paul Collette for morphing Coachella (a real festival combining formats) into what it is today. Its the right direction.
Now this is not Europe and yes even there Raves got somewhat stomped on by the authorities.

The music is in the clubs these days. It has been for years. When Raves started you could not hear the music in the clubs.

I guess some of you still find enjoyment at them that's great. Enjoy it while you can because as long as kids are going its going to get stomped on by the authorities.

Oh and this is Los Angeles not San Francisco, LA has always had a history of cops stomping Raves even back in the early 90's. They did it in San Francisco as well but nearly the level that went on here.

Also Raves in San Francisco tended to not have shootings or knifing's (that I know of when I was there) whereas here in Los Angeles I have played at raves were that shit wound up happening.

Honestly LA and Raves is a mixed bag and always has been.

sw20>>s14
07-01-2010, 11:04 PM
better article: L.A. Coliseum puts halt to raves after teen overdose - San Jose Mercury News (http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_15415806?source=rss)

temporary ban in effect already...

no comment on raves and kandykids...if you snicker and think youre better off being an adult, our population kills tens of thousands driving drunk each year...so dont be so judgmental on the victims or families of deceased ravers, weve all been younger teenagers who did stupid and risky shit...

ESmorz
07-01-2010, 11:15 PM
The music is in the clubs these days. It has been for years. When Raves started you could not hear the music in the clubs.

The experience is nowhere near the same.

You can't even compare a 200,000 person event at an open air venue, where everyone is running around being awesome to each other to shitty little clubs. It's like comparing Woodstock and The House of Blues.

Even Electro clubs are full of hoodrats looking to start a fight anyways.

You just grew out of the scene, it has aged along with you but has evolved to cater to the younger generations. It's understandable it's not your thing anymore. It's seen a lot more as a party now, even to myself. However, I grew up on this shit. My dad used to make trance and electro in my garage in the early 90's.

This is just a classic example of a kid choking on the coolest toy out there, and then they have to recall it.

icantsleeps
07-02-2010, 01:20 AM
its bound to get shut down.. and they barely caught on although its been an annual event for the past few years

fliprayzin240sx
07-02-2010, 02:14 AM
Wow were do I begin. Used to be the only people attending Raves were 21 and up. That changed within two years of the scene hitting in the early 90's.
Of course the 15-16 year old thing did not get really bad till the end of the 90's.
I put them on, I played at them.
The last one I went to might have even been Audiotistic circa 2000 . I was on the guest list. All I remember was it was at the Orange show and I was in one of larger rooms at the back of the room and I could see clear to the stage. The place was packed, with kids who's parents should not have even been allowing them to go to an all night party.
I turned to my buddy and said this is it I am done. I am never coming back to one of these.

If you think the stuff is bomb now, you don't even have an idea of how much better it used to be. Its too bad, but things change. Time moves on.

Its amazing sad and funny that( I forgot his name now) the promoter behind EDC is still working what I consider to be a dead horse. Sure he pulls in thousands of little kids. With the results of what is happening above.
Sure the girl might not have had a drug overdose. Though shit has not any one learned? 15 year old's do not belong at Raves period.

My hat goes off to Paul Collette for morphing Coachella (a real festival combining formats) into what it is today. Its the right direction.
Now this is not Europe and yes even there Raves got somewhat stomped on by the authorities.

I guess some of you still find enjoyment at them that's great. Enjoy it while you can because as long as kids are going its going to get stomped on by the authorities.

Oh and this is Los Angeles not San Francisco, LA has always had a history of cops stomping Raves even back in the early 90's. They did it in San Francisco as well but nearly the level that went on here.

Also Raves in San Francisco tended to not have shootings or knifing's (that I know of when I was there) whereas here in Los Angeles I have played at raves were that shit wound up happening.

Honestly LA and Raves is a mixed bag and always has been.

I'm with you, mid to late 90s was best of times for raves in Socal. Still underground and not so main stream. All the studio/basement raves in OC with free NOS. The moment raves went mainstream in 2000-01 time frame, thats when shit went downhill quick. All the gangs moved in to make a quick buck slanging pills, problem arose when they started stabbing/shooting each other in the middle of massives. Then on top of that, parents were thinking these events were kids friendly. I remember soccer moms dropping off 12-14 yr old kids in front of LA coliseum for Monster Massive.

The last massive I remember was EDC during the summer of 2000. I had to drive all the way from fucking Temecula to Tulare for that shit. We were gonna go camping but something came up and we ended up leaving early the next morning. I cant even remember how many fucking car accident there was from all the idiots driving back to LA on 99. All of them must have been still rolling off their fucking ass...

mau5trap
07-02-2010, 02:25 AM
its bound to get shut down.. and they barely caught on although its been an annual event for the past few years

haha not even dood.
they're just gonna regulate and make the rules more sticker.
shit like this happens all the time.

drift freaq
07-02-2010, 02:26 AM
better article: L.A. Coliseum puts halt to raves after teen overdose - San Jose Mercury News (http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_15415806?source=rss)

temporary ban in effect already...

no comment on raves and kandykids...if you snicker and think youre better off being an adult, our population kills tens of thousands driving drunk each year...so dont be so judgmental on the victims or families of deceased ravers, weve all been younger teenagers who did stupid and risky shit...

I don't know who you are directing this shit you right above to( if its me you are way off base). I don't think anyone is snickering or thinking they are better off being an adult.

KIDS DO NOT BELONG AT RAVES. Period! If you are not mature enough to understand that then you need to grow up as well.

Its sad that the girl died its sad that some ravers have died. That does not excuse their parents from being irresponsible. When you have kids you will fucking realize that you don't want your 15 year old out all fucking night long.

If you don't then you would be one poor excuse for a fucking parent.

Its not a question of judgemental its a question of common sense something that by your own statement you seem to lack.

The experience is nowhere near the same.

You can't even compare a 200,000 person event at an open air venue, where everyone is running around being awesome to each other to shitty little clubs. It's like comparing Woodstock and The House of Blues.

Even Electro clubs are full of hoodrats looking to start a fight anyways.

You just grew out of the scene, it has aged along with you but has evolved to cater to the younger generations. It's understandable it's not your thing anymore. It's seen a lot more as a party now, even to myself. However, I grew up on this shit. My dad used to make trance and electro in my garage in the early 90's.

This is just a classic example of a kid choking on the coolest toy out there, and then they have to recall it.

I have been in some great clubs were people are totally cool. I am sorry you have not had the benefit of that. LOL

As far as you thinking I grew out of the scene. LOL You have no idea, I was in the Scene from the beginning clear through 2000 that is ten years plus. I did not grow out of the music. I put on events in San Francisco in the hey day.

The scene started to suck balls just like what has happened with 240's. LOL

Fact is you were to young to catch the best part so you can't relate to the fact that it was better. Just like a lot of 240 kids now cannot relate to how the 240 scene used to be really cool and now its not. LOL

What I have done is learned through life that things never last. They change . Now if you think the Rave scene is any kind of scene now? You are completely lost on how the real scene used to be.

Its like in the 60's the Summer of 67 happened once and then it was gone. By 1970 the whole era had changed. The music was the same but the vibe was gone. There was stillso called hippies but the vibe had changed it was gone.
Anyone who calls themselves a hippie today is a laugh.

Same with the Rave scene in the 90's 91-93 happened once. Its not the same anymore. Its not going to be I did not grow out of it. It changed before my eyes. I am not bitter, a bit nostalgic maybe. Realistic is more the word. I have realized its gone its not the same and I accept it. So it no longer is what it was.

fliprayzin240sx
07-02-2010, 02:31 AM
PS: Kiddies...please dont try to take 12 pills in one night...its very very bad for you.

NINJASPY
07-02-2010, 02:39 AM
RIP
Can't pat everyone down at the entrance, it would take forever to get in.

Not fair to say the raves in the late 90's any better just because you have not went to any in years makes your opinion invalid. The crowd has gotten worse though... thugs, kids and whatnot(stabbings, riots, trampling, stolen cars, etc). The music has gotten better, even though I miss hardcore/jungle a lot.

Funny how the first link mentions all the hospital incidents, but they don't mention over two days, and 185,000+ people? divide that into 1 day and 1/2 as many people(size of another event), the ratio of hospital incidents is nearly the same.

raz0rbladez909
07-02-2010, 02:54 AM
Considering, the amount of gangs/drugs in L.A. County alone, it's a surprise more people didn't die. But it is a sad fact that stuff like this happens, it doesn't have to be a teenager it could be anyone, any age, that dies from overdosing on shit they don't have knowledge about especially an uncontrolled substance probably made in someones garage. I've liked trance/rave music for quite awhile but shit like this is what keeps me from going, I can't enjoy myself when people are fucked up to the point of being belligerent(however you spell it) falling over and sweating all over each other it becomes a breeding ground for disgusting shit, I don't want someone with fucking ringworm or other shit slinging there nasty ass around me lol:keke:

hellaslows13
07-02-2010, 03:01 AM
ETD.POP had more arrest...and that was only a 1 day rave. IT resulted in about 2 deaths and 10 people overdosing. Nothing new. These things bring in waaay to much money..no way they are gonna ban them.

i dont think this girl ( or people) died from the actual drug, but the side effects of the drug..dehydration

Yup...dehydration and liver failure... usually what kills most people who take e.

I went to EDC.. rolling balls but kept hydrated. I drank 20 bottles of water and peed about 15 times... I had a blast. Cannot wait for TAO 2010/2011!

handinpants
07-02-2010, 03:14 AM

funny you mention that, but the event was on ticketmaster tickets, when ever you buy a ticketmaster ticket there is a limited-liability contract license with every ticket, stating that they, nor the promoters are responsible for injuries, death, etc, its one thing to make an issue that she was not supposed to be there, but its another thing to point the finger at the promotor and blame them for your daughter taking drugs...

NINJASPY
07-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Yup...dehydration and liver failure... usually what kills most people who take e.
I went to EDC.. rolling balls but kept hydrated. I drank 20 bottles of water and peed about 15 times... I had a blast. Cannot wait for TAO 2010/2011!

Over hydration is bad too, blood thins out, heart attack. OD.
One bottle per hour is good for most people. Sip often, but don't chug unless you are sweating a lot.

hOngsterr
07-02-2010, 03:15 PM
monster maaaaaaaaasive.

sw20>>s14
07-02-2010, 03:50 PM
I don't know who you are directing this shit you right above to( if its me you are way off base). I don't think anyone is snickering or thinking they are better off being an adult.

KIDS DO NOT BELONG AT RAVES. Period! If you are not mature enough to understand that then you need to grow up as well.

Its sad that the girl died its sad that some ravers have died. That does not excuse their parents from being irresponsible. When you have kids you will fucking realize that you don't want your 15 year old out all fucking night long.

If you don't then you would be one poor excuse for a fucking parent.

Its not a question of judgemental its a question of common sense something that by your own statement you seem to lack.

it was more of a general comment to all that didnt seem to have anything good to say besides "stupid kids"...and i absolutely agree that there shouldnt be kids at raves; just doesnt make sense...im just saying, as much as youd like to think you have everything in check, weve all been in the same or similar situation as that 15 year old girl...maybe not to that extent...but sneaking out to the "runs", fake i.d. clubbin, going to raves and telling your parents the white lie of it being a concert, saying a pack of cigarettes found in a coat is a friends, crazy house parties, secretly having a motorcycle, etc.

its just that the girl was one of the unlucky ones...shit happens...if you cant realize that and think youll keep your child in check without infringing on his/her independence (esp. in this day and age; and the progressively fucked up generations were seeing) then you got something else going on..."da nile" aint just a river in egypt :rolleyes:

im first generation traditional chinese, so dont knock on my parents' parenting skills or the ones that they have instilled in me...i will be a damn good parent, but you have to at least acknowledge that you cant control all the variables and uncertainty in life...

just like that one thread with the kids that died in the car crash in norcal...the young asian chick hanging out with her good friends that smashed the wrx or something a rather...yes, its tragic, and arguably she probably should have had better selection process of friends...wrong place at the wrong time...but would you really be comfortable putting 110% blame on the parents or the victim?

but in no way do i still condone youngsters in the "scene"...

HyperTek
07-02-2010, 04:18 PM
...but would you really be comfortable putting 110% blame on the parents or the victim?

yes, because no one forces them to do those actions, they act upon themselves. People dont tend to think of the negatives/dangers when in the heat of the moment/rush. And yes, we all have done risky shit at one time or another, we learn from it and move on, it makes us better.

Sadly, this girl died. Maturity and knowledge comes with age, she just did not understand the consequences of her actions.

sw20>>s14
07-02-2010, 07:18 PM
either that or were the lucky ones that have survived from all those "lessons" during adolescence...

mau5trap
07-02-2010, 10:56 PM
FUCK man, I wish I could go back.

kingkilburn
07-03-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm so tired of hearing about this shit. Fuck massives. They are always trouble.

I have a better time and hear better music at the local 500 person raves.

Also fuck prostitotes and their hipster friends. I don't like dragging drugged up teenagers out of events.

mau5trap
07-03-2010, 01:34 PM
What do you expect from little teens running around all drugged up. Shit like this happens all the time. Don't let that shit get to you man. Just have a good time and forget about the rest. pass on the PLUR <3 even tho you don't see it alot these days. = /

joshchewuhh
07-03-2010, 02:28 PM
kids who go to raves these days are just going go to be on drugs. People act like animals at raves which is why i didnt attend edc this year.

I knew this shit was going to happen. Even if EDC doesnt happen there are still hundreds of smaller raves happening every week.

make it 18 over or 21 older call it a day no more little kids.

fliprayzin240sx
07-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Fuck all this noise about Massives...Its all about the ghetto Metrodome pre-2000. Not a large venue but I always had a good time. I was going there almost every fucking weekend summer of 99. No drama, no gangs, and the folks who run the place/events always made sure they took care of folks who are there.

mau5trap
07-04-2010, 12:29 AM
YouTube - sweatbox ballys arbroath 93 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXymbcHzJMM)

watch this video, you'll love it. someone posted this on another forum and for some reason after watching it, it put a smile on my face.

mau5trap
07-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Rave in Pico Rivera nixed after teen's death at Coliseum - Whittier Daily News (http://www.whittierdailynews.com/news/ci_15461094)

for those of you going to fresh.

Touge Noob S13
07-09-2010, 01:06 AM
They interviewed the girls family in the Spanish news, according to them someone "put something in her water". I call BS of coarse.

joshchewuhh
07-09-2010, 01:11 AM
ya seriously heard that aswell.

slip something in her drink? they swear.

boobs13
07-09-2010, 02:19 AM
I bet that little girl was her first time taking extacy and she probably thought it was cool because all her friends were doing.

HalveBlue
07-09-2010, 07:06 AM
funny you mention that, but the event was on ticketmaster...

This was/is the death knell of the scene.

I remember when to get to these parties you had to know someone that knew someone. Trips from checkpoint to checkpoint in the middle of the night trying to find the venue. Hotlines and mailing lists. Phat pants. Kandee bracelets. Old abandoned warehouses. A pair of SL-1200's on cinder blocks Mix tapes. Desert Parties.

Back then almost everyone thought "techno" was gay. A bunch of drugged out pseudo-hippies dancing to weird electronic music in the middle of the night.

Ah, good times...

But Drift freaq is right, it's changed. It used to be a community of likeminded individuals coming together to have a great time.

Sure, there was a shit ton of drugs back then. But people actually took care of one another. Even people they didn't know. There was a real feeling of community and openess.

Then Oakenfold played live on MTV on NYE 99/00. The scene crashed almost completely post millenium. Then the Rave Act became a law (thanks VP Biden :rolleyes: ) which signaled the last nail in the coffin.

It's never been the same since.

It's been commercialized; turned into a product. Just another fucking concert.

But I'm not bitter. It's an inevitability. When something's a good idea, someone, somewhere, will find a way to make money from it.

I still listen (and spin occasionally) to the music. There's still a lot of good productions coming out. In fact, there's some really great tracks out at the moment.

I'm just glad I got to experience it when I did. :D

Maybe (hopefully) the kids these days will come up with something likewise (if they haven't already).

DALAZ_68
07-09-2010, 08:06 AM
They interviewed the girls family in the Spanish news, according to them someone "put something in her water". I call BS of coarse.

ya seriously heard that aswell.

slip something in her drink? they swear.

from my understanding was...she drank from someones water bottle thinking it was just that, water, but in fact was laced with something...

whether this be the trueth or not, she's dead...

and i find it appauling that EDC (and im only using this rave as the example) keeps pulling the same shit every year with shitty low wall fences...yr after yr i see people in video jumping over, and most not old enough to be there...

its pathetic...

YoungGun
07-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Out of the thousands of people that go to these events, i'm not surprised more people die/od.

Pretty good result I think.

kingkilburn
07-09-2010, 01:08 PM
HalveBlue
The scene in Fresno is pretty good about being underground. There are a few nightclubs that have crappy DJs but the rest of the real parties are at random spots all over town.

It is a lot of work to keep the cops away. You have to get people all hyped for your party. Then you can give them an address. At the last minute you change the address and from time to time you change how you let them know the new address.

The plus to that is it keeps away the people who just want to get wasted. It's nice to have a small party with 150 really hardcore people.

mau5trap
07-09-2010, 01:11 PM
from my understanding was...she drank from someones water bottle thinking it was just that, water, but in fact was laced with something...

whether this be the trueth or not, she's dead...

and i find it appauling that EDC (and im only using this rave as the example) keeps pulling the same shit every year with shitty low wall fences...yr after yr i see people in video jumping over, and most not old enough to be there...

its pathetic...

honestly I blame the immature crowds that go to these events. Higher fences won't do shit man, they'll still try to climb over it or knock it down and crush ppl under it. Trust, EDC did all they can.

hOngsterr
07-09-2010, 01:37 PM
just dont blame anyone, blame the people who couldnt handle it and still tried it, and blame the people who were supposed to watch over them at the raves but didnt.

/end story.

GabeS14
07-11-2010, 09:03 PM
So may peopel die at festivals aroudn the world, Rock concerts... how many fucking people have died in Hiphop shows because of fights, and other stupid reasons, peopel get trampled at large events, races etc...
they make the biggest deal in the world that 1 kid died just because it's at a Rave.
Insomniac should be fined because somehow the person was under age, and that's it!
Im'e not saying I dont care about the kid dying, but I hate the politics because of it being a Rave.

GabeS14
07-11-2010, 09:04 PM
honestly I blame the immature crowds that go to these events. Higher fences won't do shit man, they'll still try to climb over it or knock it down and crush ppl under it. Trust, EDC did all they can.

you know what the cause is..fucking 16 year olds shouldn't be allowed in adult parties..it's almost rediculous that they aren't 21 and over like the Giant events. I mean for god's sake! at least 18 and over would be much safer.

I LUV MY S13
07-11-2010, 09:06 PM
make these things 18 and over, shouldnt have anymore problems

GabeS14
07-11-2010, 09:13 PM
make these things 18 and over, shouldnt have anymore problems

there will still be problems, but at least it'll be grown ups who are responsible for their own asses..
I agee, a fuckign petition for allw ho vote for massives to be at least 18 and over might be a good thing.
I know many many people who dont go to Insomniac events because they allow all the kids in..

!Zar!
07-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Huge EL-OH-EL at them trying to claim that it was something in her water.

Fact 1, chances of enough being in there to kill her is extremely low.

Fact 2, hypothetically if there was, nobody would do that. Way too hard to measure the, 'amount'.

Fact 3, the water would be sour.

Anyways whatever, as said prior, it caused her demise. So if that helps the parents sleep a little easier, fine be it.

It does suck that an event like that is being brought down because some people can't think for themselves.

If the event was as shitty as POPsicle was this year, then I would say fine be it.

Sad that people feel like they have to be floored and zoned out to have fun at a rave. People need to learn moderation.

GabeS14
07-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Huge EL-OH-EL at them trying to claim that it was smething in her water.
Fact 1, chances of enough being in there to kill her is extremely low.
Fact 2, hypothetically if there was, nobody would do that. Way too hard to measure the, 'amount'.
Fact 3, the water would be sour.
Anyways whatever, as said prior, it caused her demise. So if that helps the parents sleep a little easier, fine be it.
It does suck that an event like that is being brought down because some people can't think for themselves.
If the event was as shitty as POPsicle was this year, then I would say fine be it.
Sad that people feel like they have to be floored and zoned out to have fun at a rave. People need to learn moderation.

totally!
so if I understand correctly they are trying to say the girl went to the rave and had no idea she was injesting mdma?
fucking lol

sw20>>s14
07-12-2010, 06:29 PM

riiiiiight......dont get me started on you, mr. :ddog: :hide:

miucus
07-12-2010, 07:15 PM
there could have been ketamine mixed with the water. its tasteless. someone spiked my friends water before and he got messed up. shady ass people. thats why i never share water with anyone.

I LUV MY S13
07-12-2010, 07:21 PM
there could have been ketamine mixed with the water. its tasteless. someone spiked my friends water before and he got messed up. shady ass people. thats why i never share water with anyone.

yup same thing happened to my friend. Well actually we dont really know what it was, he said it tasted a little funky. Maybe a roofie? IDK but it made him sick

maybe this chick had an allergic reaction to something..?

GabeS14
07-12-2010, 08:26 PM
yup same thing happened to my friend. Well actually we dont really know what it was, he said it tasted a little funky. Maybe a roofie? IDK but it made him sick
When you say a roofie you mean GHB!
"G" has a pretty gross taste like sweat x10. Lol but chemicle. Hard to describe. Exept for sweat.
An yes if you do more that the right amount it
Will knock you out! Ive seen 6ft tall 200lb guys looking like they were dying because they did more than 2 caps of "G", Its pretty dangerous if you dont know exact doses.
. The girl could have had a prior condition also. Too much speculation in these cases

Basicaly ita never safe to experiment without a prior
Knowledge of that drugs safe doses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mau5trap
07-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Devyne Castillo= Sasha's (the girl who died at EDC) best friend who told the news that "somebody slipped something into her drink" but her other friend talking about how she popped 2 1/2 pills the day before seems to tell another story.
http://www.plurlife.com/gallery/2/21/217/2177/21779/217790/3/0/5/8/6/4/7/3058647.gif
http://www.plurlife.com/forum/general-discussion/19271-how-girl-really-died-edc.html

thought I'd post this.

karlafrs
07-13-2010, 09:23 PM
not indio. san bernardino, they been having it there for a couple of years too at the orange show.

forget audotistic. im waiting on tiesto in october. shitz gonna be tight. he only comes once every two years i believe to that states or at least here in cali.

why not both? cant wait for tiesto tho =]

and about that girls death.. well i mean its sad that she died and i understand her parents point of view and it is aceptable but shes not the first one, her parents also should of have investigated or done research about the event which would of have help them by knowing she shouldnt have been there since she was only 15, and if she did died cus of an overdose well its not like the people from the event gave her the drugs or that she was a little girl for her not to know what she was doing!!!... being a teenager doesnt really mean ur stupid or u shouldnt be at raves, you just have to be careful with what you do, and if your going to do drugs why not doresearch on them if you dont already know whats in them.... i was at the event and did noticed some security didnt really check you before going in, in my case they did and also made me throw away some lolipops i had, also the security inside the event were doing a good job at least thats what i saw....

karlafrs
07-13-2010, 09:29 PM

my friend bought a "molly" from an stranger and she opened it before taking it to make sure it wasnt something else well it end up being baking soda! all i have to say about this whole pills/drugs is just that if your going to take something u have to be careful with what u take n from who u take it, get a bottle of water n keep it for urself, dont share or take something from someone else... u never know wuts inside the bottle or in the drug!

I LUV MY S13
07-13-2010, 09:31 PM
yup i always buy my own water. if someones dying for a drink i'll give em a waterfall, me holding the bottle while they tilt their head back. Im a nice guy :)

GabeS14
07-13-2010, 11:58 PM
How The Girl Really Died At EDC - Plurlife - Electronic Music, DJs, Clubs, and Parties! (http://www.plurlife.com/forum/general-discussion/19271-how-girl-really-died-edc.html)

thought I'd post this.

another thing that's rediculous, the whole rave culture is open to under age kids, even websites like these should be for 18 and over..and all raves in general, I wish I knew someone in my comunity to be able to talk to about that..

kingkilburn
07-14-2010, 04:25 AM
I love that most of the rave scene seems to agree on this.

!Zar!
07-14-2010, 04:43 AM
I've seen people pick up pills that were on the floor, and pop them.

As I've said before, just walk around and sprinkle laxatives all over the place.

chibo
07-15-2010, 01:06 AM
I was there this year and last year. Everyone... fucking everyone was suuuuuupppperrrr fucked up on Saturday night. I'm not surprised in the least, shit was way out of control.

Also, MSTRKRFT fucking murdered it.

J_Rad
07-16-2010, 01:40 AM
Fuck it. We'll have it at my house next year.

mau5trap
07-16-2010, 02:03 PM
All insomniac event 18+!!!

GabeS14
07-16-2010, 02:26 PM
is that a fact?

8Nismo9
07-16-2010, 02:30 PM
if it is ill be happy as hell

GabeS14
07-16-2010, 02:36 PM
no shit... i would love that, the party's would be so much cleaner.
i cant stand the plur/candy fucking scene..
thats not what electronic music is all about.
I wish there was ageneral ban on all ages party''s except for matinees lol
it ruins the kids heads and steers them in the wrong direction

mau5trap
07-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Insomniac Announcement (http://www.insomniac.com/insomniac.html)

:)

8Nismo9
07-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Insomniac Announcement (http://www.insomniac.com/insomniac.html)

:)

HELL YES, i cant wait for next year then,its gonna be cleaner,less crowded,and safer

!Zar!
07-16-2010, 06:42 PM
I have yet to go to a, 'dangerous' rave.

GabeS14
07-16-2010, 09:42 PM

so you never went to a Rave in Mexico? haha
jk.. I think he is talking about the pushing and rushing to get in..the thousands of people jumping the walls, whenever they close the main area due to overcrowding etc...

J_Rad
07-17-2010, 01:11 AM

Well you have not yet been to any "Hard" events... especially HardSummer
Or to the Hudson or the ASU Fox

BoostSlideWayz
07-17-2010, 02:27 PM
LAPD had warned of drug problems before Electric Daisy rave | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/07/lapd-had-warned-of-drug-problems-at-electic-daisy-rave.html)

its more of a local thing, but wasnt sure. sorry if in wrong section.

dont do drugs guys.

lol i dont think there was one sober person in EDC.

I also herd some girl died while rollen.

hOngsterr
07-17-2010, 04:35 PM
well idk if anyone said this yet,

but EDC isnt banned, now its a 18+ rave.

Touge Noob S13
07-17-2010, 04:46 PM
well idk if anyone said this yet,

but EDC isnt banned, now its a 18+ rave.

It has been mentioned. Good thing too.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i60/f40_200/Consequences2.gif

I LUV MY S13
07-17-2010, 04:59 PM

Well you have not yet been to any "Hard" events... especially HardSummer
Or to the Hudson or the ASU Fox

its not the rave itself thats dangerous, its the people who attend and there actions that become dangerous.

ESmorz
07-17-2010, 05:49 PM
It has been mentioned. Good thing too.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i60/f40_200/Consequences2.gif

I'm scenekore and its siq!

Touge Noob S13
07-17-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm scenekore and its siq!

Im gettin mah coon tails!