PDA

View Full Version : PAIR removal?

deuce40sxftw
07-01-2010, 02:18 PM
hey guys, i was wondering if i can remove the pair valve plug and stuff without throwing a check engine... i found this article but the pictures are gone now so i dont know what to do 1989-1994 240sx: AIV PAIR valve removal tutorial : Nissan Online Mechanic (http://forums.nicoclub.com/1989-1994-240sx-aiv-pair-valve-removal-tutorial-t254273.html)

if anyone has done this before can they help me with the electrical stuff

moocowmoo
07-01-2010, 02:23 PM
1)What I did was take off the hose running to the intake tube.
2)then unbolt the actual pair valve from the engine bay.
3)Disconnected the plugs
4)Removed pair Valve from rubber tube coming from downpipe.
5)Closed the hole coming from the pipe coming from the downpipe. (i used the original plastic tube that was on there, but a BIG bolt in it, and clamped it down) until I put my new downpipe on
6)then make sure you plug the hole in the intake tube. that the pair vavle was connected to

Thats the way I did it, and I didnt throw a code, or check engine light didnt come on

deuce40sxftw
07-01-2010, 02:28 PM
1)What I did was take off the hose running to the intake tube.
2)then unbolt the actual pair valve from the engine bay.
3)Disconnected the plugs
4)Removed pair Valve from rubber tube coming from downpipe.
5)Closed the hole coming from the pipe coming from the downpipe. (i used the original plastic tube that was on there, but a BIG bolt in it, and clamped it down) until I put my new downpipe on
6)then make sure you plug the hole in the intake tube. that the pair vavle was connected to

Thats the way I did it, and I didnt throw a code, or check engine light didnt come on

so i dont need to cover up the plug with a resistor or something like the EGR one? cool! as for the little vacuum lines that run under it, what did you do with those? on my s13 there is a blue vacuum line and a red vacuum line that comes from under the pair valve and going toward the throttle body area, where there is like 10 vacuum lines, i cant see where it goes from there.

my megan headers dont have a bung for the PAIR stuff, so i dont need to plug it thank god lol

moocowmoo
07-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Hmm.... when I did mine there was just one or two plugs for the harness, and one tube coming from the downpipe, and one to the intake tube. post a pic

deuce40sxftw
07-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Hmm.... when I did mine there was just one or two plugs for the harness, and one tube coming from the downpipe, and one to the intake tube. post a pic

ill post a pic tmro, for now i just stuffed 2 bolts into the vacuum lines and then put the exhaust manifold bung plug from the O2 sensor bung into the small area for the intake. good thing i saved em hahaha