PDA

View Full Version : fcuk the ups~!!!!

seiyess
07-22-2003, 05:42 PM
today i went to ups to send out the front lip... i sold it to a guy at IL for $90shipped.. fcuking ups charged me $50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! for the shipping!!!!!!!!!!!
dang~~!!!! they said they have the new system and it's not letting things easily... basicly they want to charge more.
it is fcuked up!

Anubis
07-22-2003, 05:46 PM
should have found out the charges b4 hand

Heartwork
07-22-2003, 05:48 PM
use fedex ground....lots cheaper and reliable too...
UPS charges by the dimensions/weight...

Fedex just charges by the weight...

KiDyNomiTe
07-22-2003, 05:51 PM
What kinda lip, and who from around here got it.

Anyways that sucks:(

seiyess
07-22-2003, 06:37 PM
thanks i will try fed ex.
its S14 stock front lip.

DuffMan
07-22-2003, 06:38 PM
I used to be a consultant for UPS. The reason it costs that much is because it's longer than the width of a conveyer belt. It would fit if you turned it lengthwise, but it would most likely then cause a jam.

nocomedown
07-22-2003, 07:04 PM
yea, if it wasnt so long it would be a whole lot cheaper
fedex ground really isnt as great as UPS. theyre a fairly new service, and not a whole lot of places (around here anyways) carry them. if you ship it UPS, just make sure that you pack it well and get insurance, they tend to be pretty rough on packages, but if its damaged and you did a good job packing, youll get your money back.

Axel Grungy
07-22-2003, 09:00 PM
i used to work for a shipping outlet and we shipped both fedex and ups. all i can say is that ups is much better and more reliable. every time we had a prob with a package not getting there it was because of fedex. period.

RedlineRacer
07-22-2003, 09:11 PM
UPS is soo much better. I've lost several stuff with fedex. I try to get all my shipments sent by ups. Faster and I have never had anything lost.

FoCaL
07-22-2003, 10:43 PM
You need to ship from your work if possible. Rates are so much more reasonable. UPS stops by my work twice a day to pickup and dropoff. We have a UPS compuer scale and the works. Anyway I sent a box out a few days ago that was 28lbs, and was like 38"x24"x12". Cost me $9 for UPS ground and thats with insurence of $200. Not bad at all IMO.

misnomer
07-22-2003, 11:18 PM
UPS > FedEx.

Need proof? Who came out on top in this one:

fleaf
07-23-2003, 12:52 AM
i think fedex ships quicker than ups, but maybe that's because most of the stuff I buy across country is shipped ups.

rufrydrsc2
07-23-2003, 09:45 AM
As long as it's not over 70lbs maybe you should have looked into USPS. I work for them, even though I don't get a discount I still ship through them because bigger packages aren't run on a conveyor belt, they are placed in their bin. If it's broken when it arrives and you bought ins they will replace, no questions asked. Plus it's $1.50 extra for tracking and you can watch it get delivered right to their doorstep on your computer. Plus there is no time year round where packages aren't moving with the Post Office. Believe me, I work all the holidays and packages are coming in and going out 24/7, 365 days a year. The processing and distribution plant I work at has not shut down once since 1969. Weekends don't apply with the Post Office, whereas the UPS distribution plant down the road shuts down every Saturday when the trucks return. So what packages are in the plant or on the trucks are going to stay there until it reopens at 11:30pm Sunday night for sorting. As expeditor at the PO I work for I would have had a package that came in Saturday night sorted that night and on a truck for whereever that night where it would have been sorted and on another truck possibly for delivery on Monday. But that's just my humble observation as expeditor for the dock at the Greenville, SC P&DC.

West
07-23-2003, 11:59 AM
UPS Sux, I insured my two Technics 1200 M3D Tables for $800, I get the tables back in the mail, box is completely ****ed and they tell me they wont pay for insurance... so I was out $800.

MrMigs
07-23-2003, 12:28 PM
yeah, my paintball gun broke one time so i sent it back the the company for replacement. And then after they sent the new gun, UPS lost it somehow. It did have insurance, so I eventually got a new gun -- a month later... which was a bitch because I couldn't go paintballing for a month.

Fedex always seemed more reliable to me. More expensive, but more reliable. Airborne express is also really good.

240_keyy
07-23-2003, 01:29 PM
when I was getting in all my stuff for my sr swap I had a total of about 18 packages come in within a 2 month period. 10 of them were by UPS and 8 were FedEx. UPS got *1* of them to me on time and not all banged to hell (one box didn't even exist anymore, it was just parts sitting on cardboard) FedEx got every single one of them to me on time and in fantastic shape. I will be damned if I ever send anything via UPS, they can suck my hairy beanbag...

Keisuke
07-23-2003, 02:23 PM
you should always, everyone should always use Airborne Express!!!! PM me if you have a business and ship on a regular basis, i can save your company at least 30% no crap:):aw:

ruf
07-23-2003, 02:57 PM
UPS SUCKS. Constantly lying about delivery.
Fedex NEVER missed at my shop.

The absolute best is still USPS.

Steeles
07-23-2003, 03:12 PM
I loaded transfer trucks for UPS for 2 years... to this DAY i cringe when someone says they sent me something UPS...