PDA

View Full Version : Hitting a brick wall (not literally) Questions...for those who know..

Bill Roberts
07-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Everyone knows how much I love my 240SX and your bloody well right I am going to keep her but some rediculous deals are being had these days on Vettes. Honestly, I went through all the Vette Forms lurking and never seen a bigger bunch of bull$hitters in my life. Just reading all that trash is enough to insure that if I buy one, it will be from an old guy that keeps his in the garage. Those guys are claiming things that are totally impossible (I went to 5 different forums, same crap) like a vette with Nitros (the horror) can run a damn 7.8 at 180...daily driver

:bs:

So anyway, Just the community we have here makes me proud to drive MY 240SX and I always get repect from most drivers and even ricers and the occasional times that I get tested and show them brakelights. I did run a vette automatic and got him light for light.

Well to the point. Since the Vette forums are littered with trashola and I don't dare register at one of them with any kind of needs (I think true Vette owners keep to themselves and the boards are a bunch of jacked up kids playing games.)

So for those that know, I owned a ZR-1 Vette for a while and I cannot afford one of them right now (they are rare) but Vettes in general...You have the year 1990 that has the Orange speedometer (digital) and the 6K tach. This was the first year they came with that dash and I like it. I would buy a 1990 thru 1996.

Here is a nice ZR-1 (yummy to the max) for a good price.

25,500.00 Is a steal for that car..I got to keep it around 10ish if I make that move

Don't worry, I am not bolting on Zilvia here...but when I get done with my 240SX, it will be a daily driver AND A BONIFIED VETTE EATER...because I will have one to compre...and we all will benefit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2424145972&category=6168

Does anyone know what year they began putting ASR on the C-4 Vettes?

ASR is automatic slip regulation and it is mandantory to have with that platform. I am thinking 1993...but I could be wrong.

I found a clean 1990 with 92K miles original owner for 7K and this sparked my intrest in them. I also see I could get a 1995 for less than 11K as well.

Now for that kind of dough, I would really look into getting one because afterall, you can drive those things for years and get your dough back out of them and they are really great cars ...and you know they are if you ever owned one.

I know the LT-1 is not the ZR-1 and never will be...but...the first year ASR was offered would be as old as I would like to go.

I searched everywhere and no one has the answers in FAQ or otherwise.

For a taste of the BS factor, look at some of these ridiculous stats.

http://corvetteforum.com/performance/C5Data.php?generation=All

I believe a few of them but Pleeeeze.

We all know a stock C-4 runs a 13.5 at 100 or so and a ZR-1 runs a 12.3 at 118.

I cannot buy one that has been butchered with NOS or one from a rich kid abuser.

Our cars hold up to rabid abuse, Vetts actually do not hold up that well. You run them really hard, the transmission changes the way it sounds and the car has to be worked on to get it back. Our cars you can slide sideways at 110MPH and they stay in alignment.

But...anyways, tomorrow is my birthday and I really would like to see when ASR was first a standard feture...and I will keep an eye out for one of those.

ASR is the key to bing a good driver with one of those on the street. Heavy rain, slick roads, you can lay into it asnd it will NOT break loose. Perfect car in the foul weather elements...and I wanna work on my SX some. I need to get something newer that is fun (right now the payments and insurance on a 10K Vette is resonable)

(I don't like the layout of the c-5 or c-6...too expensive to do anything with that rear transmission...Too expensive ..period.)

Bill Roberts
07-21-2003, 09:43 PM
I just got an email. ASR started as standard equipment in 1992.

So I gotta look at 92s and up for that Feature.

For those that know me, I want you to know where my head is at because the Vette Platform does make a nice daily driver with balls, and the 240SX can be a total street Monster and drift machine supreme...due to the durability of the Nissan platform.

(When is someone going to drift the Murano?)

Well just vibe with me on my Birthday and lets tell racing stories and if you ever drove a damn vette...(I just loved how it was so dominant over everything, including Porsches)

Kid Zelda
07-21-2003, 10:26 PM
"Hitting a brick wall (not literally)"

Well, I can tell you how it feels .. LITERALLY :aw:

But umm , you wrote a lot, so I just scrolled through it really quick ..
and after some massive soul searching and thinking, I came up with..

Just get both
easy solution.
I didn't even have to read your post to come up with that
:p

nocomedown
07-21-2003, 11:16 PM
well, ive never driven a vette, but if it's something you really want, go for it...hell, it's your birthday!
happy b-day:w00t:

drift freaq
07-22-2003, 01:34 AM
happy birthday bill:D have both you deserve it.

Bbandit
07-22-2003, 09:07 AM
happy birthday bill :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

being a poo college kid, i've never drove any corvettes before
hopefully in the future though :cool:

KiDyNomiTe
07-22-2003, 09:59 AM
Happy BDay Bill.
I would love to own a Vettes, I am in love with the ZR1s, I always see em around here. Then there are the coupele of single turbo C5s out in the chicago area (thanks to Mike Cerra's shop). But damn those things are beasts, saw one on the highway, I guess he knew I knew what it was cuz I was looking at the badge (it says turbo z06 or sumin like that), then he just floored it and wow:eek: .

Anyway have a great BDAy :w00t: :bigok:

Tricky1980
07-22-2003, 10:00 AM
corvette's are cool.. but everyone and there mom drives one in iowa now because they are so cheap!!! if you want something that looks pretty sweet and is actually quicker get an SS, ive driven both and unless your getting a Z06 or a modified c4 c5, the SS is right even with it. it could be different depending on where you live but the SS stands out FAR more than any vette in iowa here.
JaY