PDA

View Full Version : Freakmont BBQ - August 21, 2010 - 12pm

the1_thedave
06-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Back by popular demand.

Freakmont XI - (eleven)

We've changed locations.

This year were are going to be hosting the event at BLOX Racing in Fremont at 12pm.

Check out "Freakmont XI" - August 21 (http://freakmont.team-driven.net/) for the full details and to let us know if you're coming.

Like past Freakmonts and because its a BBQ, we need you to bring the food. Without your help we all wouldn't have such a great event to go to every year.

See you there.

JDM Sil4ty
06-21-2010, 05:21 AM
sounds tight. the promotion is pretty early but alright ..

the1_thedave
06-21-2010, 09:00 AM
actually we're a bit late promoting. Typically I'm posting about 3 months out. Hope you can make it.

The Law
06-24-2010, 02:02 AM
bump it up!

the1_thedave
07-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Due to unfortunate circumstances, I am posting the following.

NOTICE: THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
Due to logistic issues, it has become necessary to cancel this event. Thank you to everyone that registered and/or expressed support.

I've posted a full letter of explanation on our website:
Freakmont XI Cancelled (http://freakmont.team-driven.net)

niteridaz503
07-21-2010, 02:12 PM
DAMN SUCKZ!!!! I was just reading this like damn i should go, so will there be another date set at all or just canceled period?

Z32TT-R
07-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Its cancelled period..., I got an email stating that the event is to big bc of alot of people showing i guess and they dont have the funds to run it bc the size.

niteridaz503
07-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Its cancelled period..., I got an email stating that the event is to big bc of alot of people showing i guess and they dont have the funds to run it bc the size.

damn sucks man, well see you this Saturday @ Frys. lol

the1_thedave
07-22-2010, 12:47 AM
The biggest issue we are running into is anywhere we would like to go would likely be requiring insurance. Event insurance can be pricey depending on the venue. We don't make money off this event/meet nor do we intend to, its supposed to be a BBQ with a few extras.

With that said, what about having a Zilvia BBQ at Lake Elizabeth on the same day and time? I wouldn't be the one planning it, I'm just putting the idea out there, if you want to do it, start a thread, make a list and make it happen. Since some of us seemed to have already had set the day aside, why not make the most of it eh?

I'm taking a step back for the time being. I would be there if someone sets it up, but I wouldn't be going in the capacity as "organizer" if you get my drift. ;)