PDA

View Full Version : Venus Auto parts.

Notchback
06-20-2010, 12:40 PM
venus auto parts (http://www.venus-auto.com/)

The Ka-e died in my hatch so it was time to go Sr. I did some research and saw that Venus has pretty good feedback and they have been around for a long time. So I order an s14 NA Sr20 from them on April 19th and I got it on April 23th. The swap came with everything, I was pretty happy with how it came and looked. So it took about a week to get the harness back from the shop, we dropped it off to get that installed. When we go to fire up the car it stalls and we find out its because of a bad MAF. It took another two weeks to find another one, I found one from a local shop for pretty cheap so no big deal. I plug in the new MAF and the car is running but making a loud knocking, so we turned it off and towed it to a local shop here and had them inspec it. I just thought the lifters just needed to be bleed but he takes off the valve cover and finds metal shavings all on the valve cover and cams, he said it is the bottom end knocking. We towed the car back home call up venus auto. I had told him exactly what happened and what we did and how long everything took. I had offered right from the beginning the shops number that we had gotten it inspected from so that he could verify it with the shop himself and he wanted nothing to do with it. He did not even want the number at all. He said the motor has been expired because it had been more than 30 days. He said he can just sell us just the motor for $600 plus another $360 for shipping. He said he would call back in 45 mins after his lunch break or the next day to see if there was anything else he could do or if we would want to purchase a new motor. That was on Wednesday and we still haven't heard back from him. So be very aware that if you purchase anything from Venus you have 30 days or less to do something about it. He even said some of his motors have a warranty of 14 days or less or even no warranty. Do not expect for him to work with you especially after any length of time. Not a very good business response to not want to work out anything at all.

SupaDoopa
06-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Sucks when companies don't stand behind their products and even worse when they don't want to even help make it right. I hope there isn't more to this story than meets the forums. How long was it before you called days-wise?

singlecamslam
06-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Venus is such a shithole, its located 10 mins from my house. I went to get some s14 control arms, sold me some r32 ones, i didnt know till a few months later, he swore they were the same thing. He's a douche bag.

240sxChillen
06-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Not sure i want to buy a motor from there now...lol.

Ares240SX
06-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Venus Auto has been a shitty place to do business with since they opened... I have heard about 25% stories they have been okish to deal with and the other 75% have said they suck. Motors with fucked up wiring harnesses, blown, broken or missing sensors, the list goes on...

projekt_s13
06-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Ronald is an asshole, i went into his shop numerous times looking for something and he doesn't even want to help you. Ive seen them drag sr20's on the oilpans across their concrete floor.

He needs some customer service skills.

SupaDoopa
06-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Seems more like he needs everyone to stop buying motors from him and watch him close down. Just saying!

msanchez
07-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Ronald IS an asshole. Do what i did. buy a blown sr from them that someone already returned, and rebuild it. It comes out to about the same price as buying a full swap from venus, but instead you have a fresh motor. You just have to know how to talk to people, i got a blown swap for 500 bucks from venus. cant beat that.