PDA

View Full Version : bodykits?

brokenben
07-20-2003, 06:58 PM
ok this may get ppl mad.. but i think that bodykits are for people that dont really like the way that their car looks... right?.. thats logical right?... i love the way my s13 hatch looks stock.. so im not even worried about a body kit thats gonna cost me all kinds of money when i could be makin my car fast.. does anybody else agree..? i dunno.. sorry for bringing up another subject thats been beat to death...

AKADriver
07-20-2003, 07:09 PM
Yes, obviously body kits are for people that want to change the styling of their car... did you have a point? Heh

Stock doesn't suck, but projecting your priorities onto others does.

mrmephistopheles
07-20-2003, 07:21 PM
here, I'll make a post that HAS a point.

Sharing your opinion is a great thing, but to be effective, it must be done at the right time and place.
Such as: in the off-topic forum, or in reply to a thread concerning that topic.

That is all! :D

*moving thread to OT *

Steeles
07-21-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by brokenben
ok this may get ppl mad.. but i think that bodykits are for people that dont really like the way that their car looks... right?.. thats logical right?...

logical and true to a point... not that we dont like the way our cars look neccisarily but it can look different or better. some kits are enhancments more than anything. for example.. my CF hood I opted for a vented hood to keep temps in the engine bay down plus it saves weight. function AND form. my front bumper BIG openings to let air in for my FMIC so again form and function. I think alot of this board would agree with me here. its all personal opinion. I wouldnt put just any kit on my car but im happy with the way mines looking for now.

WIshb0ne
07-21-2003, 12:41 PM
I have a body kit because i want to look diffrent from 0ther 240sx... like damn... did you see that guy he looks diffrent from toher 240sx.... and like Hey do you know that guy with the Uras kit? ....Not like hey do you know that guy with the 240sx?... yea they all loook the same... don't be stupid kid

Kreator
07-21-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by WIshb0ne
and like Hey do you know that guy with the Uras kit?

Or more like what i always hear: "Hey do you know that ricer with the stupid [insert kit name here] kit?". But then i do hang out with the muscle guys...

Being different is alright. Spending money on looks is wrong. There aren't that many 240s around to really have the need to modify the way they look (well s14s at least).

In the end, my personal example. If you care and make a search for my older threads, you'll find one that is almost 1.5 years old, where i say i like (yes, the one) Fang body kit... Since then, i nailed it all down to a single bomex bumper, and this saturday, when i finally got the car off the jacks, i realized. There is no body kit going on on my car. Not a single extra piece. I love it the way it is. So yeah, the longer you have it, the more you like it STOCK.

PS. The original post makes no sense at all? :confused:

Dousan_PG
07-21-2003, 01:05 PM
body kits are just looks. but i like it
hope to be ordering one really really sexy one in a couple of weeks. :)
price is rad too..
for what it is i cant be happier...

JDMark
07-23-2003, 12:58 AM
not that you dont like the way ur car looks stock, its just some body kits look ALOT better then stock (emphases on some). for the hatch- my personal favorites are Sexystyle, Vertex and kouki looking body kits...:blah:

jsr20det
07-23-2003, 02:35 PM
Body kits are all about customization. Just like how we customize everything in life. Well, almost everything. And yes, you are right, we get body kits because we dont like the way it looks. but the reason can be many many different reasons.

ie.
1)I want to look different and my stock one does not comply with me. 2)The body kit looks better and I can get more attention.

Different strokes for different folks.
Variety is the spice of life.

Rennen
07-23-2003, 09:59 PM
I have a sawzall, thats all the body mod I could ever need:D Increased airflow and customization :rolleyes: for a fraction of the cost. Plus its handy for yard work

-Matt