PDA

View Full Version : Avatar: the last airbender movie?

demonspeed
06-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Has anyone seen this trailer? Just seen it last night!
The Last Airbender | Trailer & Official Movie Site | In 3D July 1 (http://www.thelastairbendermovie.com/)

I just hope they dont fug it all up...I really liked this show! annnnnnnd discuss

wh0aitznic0
06-18-2010, 10:46 AM
It looks really ghey.

demonspeed
06-18-2010, 10:47 AM
eh...cant be gayer than DOA

180sExy
06-18-2010, 10:49 AM
The affects look pretty awsome! I'm a huge fan of the show. Started watching it when I was chilling with my son an liked it so I can't wait for the movie. I just hope that the Director dosen't fuck it up.

S14_Kouki
06-18-2010, 11:27 AM
I have high hopes for the movie. We will see.

BOROSUN
06-18-2010, 11:51 AM
i too have high hopes for this movie.

i recognized some of the battles on the trailer. looks good so far.

VROOOM
06-18-2010, 12:12 PM
The affects look pretty awsome! I'm a huge fan of the show. Started watching it when I was chilling with my son an liked it so I can't wait for the movie. I just hope that the Director dosen't fuck it up.

lol,i found out about it by watching it with my 4 year old nephew. it is a pretty awesome series. hopefully the movie lives up to the cartoon.

ManoNegra
06-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Trailer looks awesome in theaters
got me pumped
then I heard some of the dialogue on a TV trailer
and it sounds super lame
I'm torn now...

lawrenceyang
06-18-2010, 01:17 PM
looks like it might be good. probably worth a download ;D

iROYAL
06-18-2010, 02:29 PM
I hope it's just as awesome as dragon balls.

NOT.
The cartoon is the best. I'd be an airbender and ride my flying bison.

Ghost240
06-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Let me tell you how this movie sucks because they didn't use any asian actors as the main characters. It looks like a broke version of Golden Child.

Cartoon FTW

zeitgeist
06-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Cant really say a movie is gonna be bad because of that.
Prince of Persia used Gyllenhal(sp?) whom I didnt care for in the role but that movie still turned out good
Can only tell when we actually see it

bik
06-18-2010, 06:36 PM
is just me or i have a "Mortal Kombatish" feeling of this movie (or trailer) -_-;

moocowmoo
06-18-2010, 10:34 PM
im excited for the movie. i hope its as good as the show!

Karlitos
06-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Let me tell you how this movie sucks because they didn't use any asian actors as the main characters. It looks like a broke version of Golden Child.

Cartoon FTW

This is what people at school who followed the series are saying... ive never seen it but the trailer doesnt look that bad

J3123MY
06-21-2010, 04:17 AM
Not that its a big deal or anything, but I thought this shit took place in China? Its kinda like if China made a western movie with asian cowboys.

Ghost240
06-21-2010, 06:15 AM
Cant really say a movie is gonna be bad because of that.
Prince of Persia used Gyllenhal(sp?) whom I didnt care for in the role but that movie still turned out good
Can only tell when we actually see it

I refuse to see prince of persia although the one chick is soooo hot. She played Io in clash of the titans.

murda-c
06-21-2010, 07:04 AM
Not that its a big deal or anything, but I thought this shit took place in China? Its kinda like if China made a western movie with asian cowboys.

nluPs-nGngk

OzNnCK5cd8Q

J3123MY
06-22-2010, 02:39 AM
Damn, murda c, I eat my mother fucking words. Those movies look sick btw.

SochBAT
06-22-2010, 04:50 AM
Ive been looking forward to watching the GoodbadWeird since i first saw it a few months back. So good.

fcdrifter20
06-22-2010, 10:43 AM
both of those movies look amazing!!

but as much as i would like for avatar to be a good movie, i don't think it will. im just not a big fan of the director.... hopefully im wrong tho, and the movie comes out great

slider2828
06-22-2010, 11:11 AM
YEAH! Last air bender. Just got preview tickets. you guys should check out gofobo.com...

They give away preview tix all the time. I saw Jonah Hex last week, that is a little above average....

s13_redSILVIA
07-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Hearing from 2 of my friends who saw it....
they said its the WORST movie ever. But i still like to see it for myself.

*edit* after reading the reviews...i DO NOT want to watch it.
M.Night Shymalan..you FAIL.

sw20>>s14
07-01-2010, 01:15 PM
i know im gonna be labeled a tree huggin liberal, so let me put my flame suit on first...but:

DONT SUPPORT RACE BENDING!!!

Mi Beardo es Loco
07-01-2010, 02:29 PM
rottentomatoes gave the move 7%! that means that only 7% of the critics thought it was a good movie. That's REALLY bad. worst I've ever seen. I admit, it looks awesome but that rating probably just prevented me from forking out $20 for movie tix. Probably wait till redbox now.

lol here's a Chicago critic's review of the movie:
(http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/last_airbender/articles/1891627/the_current_national_priorities_should_be_as_follo ws_reduce_carbon_emissions_and_stop_funding_the_fi lms_of_m_night_shyamalan)
The current national priorities should be as follows: reduce carbon emissions and stop funding the films of M. Night Shyamalan.

lawrenceyang
07-01-2010, 02:38 PM
The current national priorities should be as follows: reduce carbon emissions and stop funding the films of M. Night Shyamalan.

hahahaha i guess the movie is worse than the trailers

ranger240
07-01-2010, 02:41 PM
m. night shymalan. enough said, its going to be way too melodramatically faux-artistic and SUCK

R_G
07-01-2010, 04:57 PM
People at my girls university said not to support it because they did not use people of color. Idk i have not seen the movie tho

Mi Beardo es Loco
07-01-2010, 05:51 PM
it's an shamalan movie so something wierd is going to happen in the end. Maybe he joins the avengers in the end. With M. Night you never know.

Ghost240
07-01-2010, 06:04 PM
He didnt use any freakin asian people. Like WTF?! That's like making the movie ROOTS with an all white cast. It would just have everyone all fucked up in the head.

uraznfriend
07-01-2010, 06:11 PM
People at my girls university said not to support it because they did not use people of color. Idk i have not seen the movie tho

but didnt the director cast a bunch of indian people, they have color

amdnivram
07-01-2010, 06:16 PM
i think people are overly sensitive and should stop being so pathetic. I mean people these days just find anything to complain about. Havent seen the movie, but i probably wont pay for it.

ChiSleepyEyes
07-01-2010, 06:23 PM
as with all real life remakes of cartoon, i have high hopes for them, and even though the most of them are complete shiZe, i still have high hopes for this one becuz the series is awesome, just finished rewatching the series on netflix for my xbox woot woot. shits badass. Ang better have been casted right or sumbody gunna get a hurt

kandyflip445
07-01-2010, 09:41 PM
I've heard it's bad and I'm a big fan. I still want to see it though.

Isn't wanting the cast to be of color just as racist? WTF does the color of the actor matter if they can't act? lol

sw20>>s14
07-01-2010, 11:26 PM
i think people are overly sensitive and should stop being so pathetic. I mean people these days just find anything to complain about. Havent seen the movie, but i probably wont pay for it.

I've heard it's bad and I'm a big fan. I still want to see it though.

Isn't wanting the cast to be of color just as racist? WTF does the color of the actor matter if they can't act? lol

i knew i shouldnt have brought it up...you guys are idiots if you knew anything about it to begin with. goku in dragon ball z was a fuckin white boy...that was still okay because the movie didnt have much pull or audience base...still people complained, but didnt catch...

it has nothing to do with someones acting abilities...youre suggesting that there wasnt a single asian male in america that could have played the part so a white boy would suffice...its bloody OBVIOUS that the part of goku and the airbender kid (not even familiar with the characters; just the controversy) where originally meant to depict asians...if you dont believe me, even the original creators of the anime strongly (and publicly mind you) disagreed with the directors choice of cast: The Last Airbender Movie Casting | Activism at Racebending.com (http://www.racebending.com/v3/)

plus, there is an up and coming film outlining ghenhis khan's life and legacy...guess whos playing ghenhis khan? MICKY ROURKE :faint: ghenhis khan was a fierce and legendary MONGOLIAN ruler that many mongolians and asians of other descent still worship to this day...he wasnt a cartoon or anime character that was racially ambiguous...he was in fact, a MONGOLOID...

now, if you still cant see the discrepancy in that and think people just need to find stuff to complain about, i dont know what will...hey, lets make a movie on george washington and our fore fathers...lets cast jackie chan, denzel washington, george lopez, and morgan freeman...bet you damn well some whites would rile some stuff up...

/rant
/i will not further post for rebuttals or followups

ESmorz
07-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Well it's a toddler cartoon, and the reviews probably very rightly give it a "Rape Yourself With A Rake out of 10".

singlecamslam
07-01-2010, 11:52 PM
M. Night has some of the shittiest movies ever, just look at that movie about killer plants and shit that made everyone suicidal. God that guy should quit.

chato de shamrock
07-02-2010, 12:35 AM
M. Night has some of the shittiest movies ever, just look at that movie about killer plants and shit that made everyone suicidal. God that guy should quit.

You forgot the one about the villagers staying indoors at night cause there was a beast outside that killed anyone it found. His movies have this way of sucking the audience in and at the very end has this "haha i got your money you morons" moment. Too late now to get a refund if your dumb enough to pay for a ticket at the movie theater. Pretty clever when you stop and think about it.

singlecamslam
07-02-2010, 12:56 AM
God you are so right, the commercial and stuff look awesome, man i want to punch him in the face now. He seems racist also, i dont know why, i can smell it though. THE HATE,

Om1kron
07-02-2010, 01:33 AM
just got home, it was pretty bad ass. I enjoyed it.

fliprayzin240sx
07-02-2010, 02:25 AM
SO is it worth watching??? Atleast asking the ones who ACTUALLY SAW IT!!!

PS: Indians (not Native Americans) dont count as Asians?!?! I thought half the folks acting in this movie was M. Shaymalfyiodufioejpioayan's cousins...

Strider
07-02-2010, 02:32 AM
My friend on another forum watched this and he said at the end people started booing. Rotten Tomatoes gave it a horrendous rating also.

demonspeed
07-02-2010, 10:35 AM
wow that bad huh? good thing i checked this out before i left out today...might just find it online first

slider2828
07-02-2010, 12:03 PM
I saw a sneak preview on tuesday so I didn't wanna give anythign away....

If you like fucking harry potter #2, then you will like this.... IF you don't like harry potter, then you won't like this movie. Done deal. It will be a 3 part or 4 part movie like harry potter, so you can see its pretty drawn out. THe 1st movie is about character development and some action, so some people booed it, but its necessary for a 3 or 4 part movie.....

So if you like the subject of the movie you can appreciate what they are trying to do... If you want to just sit there and not think about what the possibilities are and just want action movie, then go watch Jonah Hex or A Team....

Done deal....

ayuaddict
07-02-2010, 02:54 PM
My cousins dragged me along to watch this. It was bearable and kinda interesting because ive never watched the cartoon, however my cousins were pretty bummed. haha.

worangejuice
07-02-2010, 03:02 PM
If you ever watched any of the cartoon you will poop your pants when you see it, its a stinkfest of a movie. I watched the whole series and highly reccomend watching the tv series instead.
At the end of the movie he stamps "Written,directed,and produced by M.Night Shyamalyan"
soooo, yeah, no
also in the movie, they mispronounce all the names, like His name is 'Aang' and in the movie they pronounce it 'uung' lots of small creative control freak like that in the movie.
It would be like watching a movie on the S-chassis and callling it a "jdm carboy ricerocket dreamcar for any real tuner out there" and getting a super budget for it.
Started with a proven formula and hollywood machine it, then *spice* it up a bit for people. barf

hOngsterr
07-02-2010, 03:12 PM
sucks, i watched eclispe and thought it was better lol.

sw20>>s14
07-02-2010, 03:17 PM
If you ever watched any of the cartoon you will poop your pants when you see it, its a stinkfest of a movie. I watched the whole series and highly reccomend watching the tv series instead.
At the end of the movie he stamps "Written,directed,and produced by M.Night Shyamalyan"
soooo, yeah, no
also in the movie, they mispronounce all the names, like His name is 'Aang' and in the movie they pronounce it 'uung' lots of small creative control freak like that in the movie.
It would be like watching a movie on the S-chassis and callling it a "jdm carboy ricerocket dreamcar for any real tuner out there" and getting a super budget for it.
Started with a proven formula and hollywood machine it, then *spice* it up a bit for people. barf

off-topic, but noticed your avatar (no pun intended in this thread), youre a mugg fan? :cool:

i♥boobies!
07-02-2010, 04:07 PM
i found out about the series just by watching nickelodeon haha
i loved the series best ever on nick

i think the movie looks pretty legit and the cast isnt bad either
the movie is just based on the book of water other words first season i think

but hopefully the writer and director dont fuck it up
if not it should be a great movie

kandyflip445
07-03-2010, 10:08 AM
i knew i shouldnt have brought it up...you guys are idiots if you knew anything about it to begin with. goku in dragon ball z was a fuckin white boy...that was still okay because the movie didnt have much pull or audience base...still people complained, but didnt catch...

it has nothing to do with someones acting abilities...youre suggesting that there wasnt a single asian male in america that could have played the part so a white boy would suffice...its bloody OBVIOUS that the part of goku and the airbender kid (not even familiar with the characters; just the controversy) where originally meant to depict asians...if you dont believe me, even the original creators of the anime strongly (and publicly mind you) disagreed with the directors choice of cast: The Last Airbender Movie Casting | Activism at Racebending.com (http://www.racebending.com/v3/)

plus, there is an up and coming film outlining ghenhis khan's life and legacy...guess whos playing ghenhis khan? MICKY ROURKE :faint: ghenhis khan was a fierce and legendary MONGOLIAN ruler that many mongolians and asians of other descent still worship to this day...he wasnt a cartoon or anime character that was racially ambiguous...he was in fact, a MONGOLOID...

now, if you still cant see the discrepancy in that and think people just need to find stuff to complain about, i dont know what will...hey, lets make a movie on george washington and our fore fathers...lets cast jackie chan, denzel washington, george lopez, and morgan freeman...bet you damn well some whites would rile some stuff up...

/rant
/i will not further post for rebuttals or followups

So the fact that the writers have the entire WORLD in Avatar: The Last Airbender asian isn't racist?

It's done the movie is made. If you don't like the casting then make your own movie. The pronunciation of Aang as "uung" would drive me nuts.

George Lopez as George Washington would be funny.

amdnivram
07-03-2010, 10:30 AM
i really just think that since the movie is meant for entertainment, it is not an artistic film and has no real depth. The nature of the movie itself was just a cartoon series on Nickelodeon. By instantly calling the people who disagree idiots just shows how much you know. Concluding that because the main cast were not racially correct in itself is racist. If the race of the cast members alone ruined the movie, the you are the type of person who tries to hard to read in between the lines and you just have nothing better to do than complain. Movie rights were sold, and with this so did any say in who the cast will be. From what i've read, this movie sucks because of the cast's race and the pronunciation of the characters, what about the plot or visuals? I haven't heard much besides these complaints and i cant see these as valid arguments.

Ceepo
07-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Movie was so so, some of it was awesome, other parts boring, dont go in expecting it like the cartoon, its far from it, but its still pretty decent...

racecar11
07-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Saw it last night, Super shitty movie.

IHateJDM
07-03-2010, 11:28 AM
GUYS! please listen to me when i say this movie was absolutely HORRIFIC. Aangs name in the movie is pronounced "Ong", Sokkas name is pronounced with more emphasis on the O in his name, sOka. Uncle Eiro, is now uncle EERO, supposedly the dragon of the wEEst. needless to say i dont have to say anything. thats all you need folks, the only good part is when zuko turns into blue spirit, other than that THEY CUT A LOT OF SHIT OUT FROM THE SERIES... im dissapointed.

IHateJDM
07-03-2010, 11:31 AM
[quote=uraznfriend;3522242]but didnt the director cast a bunch of indian people, they have color[/quote

just lmao.

kandyflip445
07-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Did they at least get the last scene of Aang vs Ozai right?

demonspeed
07-03-2010, 09:34 PM
wow THAT bad huh? i wont even download it if thats the case

fcdrifter20
07-04-2010, 10:52 AM
im scared to watch now...im so afraid its gona ruin the series for me now

koukidriver
07-05-2010, 08:57 AM
I watch in in 3D and it was more like 2 and a half D lol good storyline though. Save your money and watch it the regular way not worth it for 10 minutes if that of 3D.

thenooblet
07-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Did they at least get the last scene of Aang vs Ozai right?

It doesn't go that far. It is just the first book.

I want to like it but I just cant. It moves to fast. They had to shove like 15 episodes into 1.5 hours. And the name pronunciations....I dont even want to talk about it. I think it might be better if it had better acting also. Hopefully the next one(s) will be better.

And save your monies and just watch it in 2D. I can't stand those glasses.

Compared to the cartoon i give it a solid :down:

cantdrift11
07-05-2010, 02:58 PM
this movie got a 6% rating on rotten tomatoes.. that's pretty bad. no more writing/directing for Mr. Shyamalan.

alpha180sx
07-05-2010, 05:49 PM
m night fuck shits up.

all his movie sucks.

devnull
07-05-2010, 10:51 PM
I have to agree with the consensus here. M Night Shamalam drops the ball again.

Forced and leading dialogue, odd pacing (in both dialogue and plot), and painfully tight closeups really led me to dislike it. The only part that seemed good enough to like were the special effects.

Some of the artistic scenes were good. For instance when Aang and Katara were practicing in the town square at the northern water tribe city.

kandyflip445
07-05-2010, 11:48 PM
It doesn't go that far. It is just the first book.

I want to like it but I just cant. It moves to fast. They had to shove like 15 episodes into 1.5 hours. And the name pronunciations....I dont even want to talk about it. I think it might be better if it had better acting also. Hopefully the next one(s) will be better.

And save your monies and just watch it in 2D. I can't stand those glasses.

Compared to the cartoon i give it a solid :down:

Do you get to see Bumi? I can't remember if that was in the first book. But if he is in there does he resemble the animated character? lol

VNG704
07-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Havne't seen it, but I wouldn't expect too much from a kid's movie. Animation isn't bad for a cartoon though.

wangan_cruiser
07-06-2010, 01:21 AM
just watched it. it sucked fat dick. he ruined the whole thing.

wow. i never regret watching a movie. but this one sucks bad.

m night needs to quit his job.

Tantwoforty
07-08-2010, 03:48 AM
dont let these tards decide what you like.
Go watch it.
i thought it was pretty cool..
Beginning was kinda slow, but the badassery was pretty nice twards the end.
its at the very least woth downloading.
Be aware, i did not see the cartoon, OR read the books.

wangan_cruiser
07-09-2010, 02:26 PM

yea thats why u think it was good movie. go watch the anime and tell us your reaction

GabeS14
07-11-2010, 09:07 PM
just watched it. it sucked fat dick. he ruined the whole thing.

wow. i never regret watching a movie. but this one sucks bad.

m night needs to quit his job.

lol.. he should have quit when he made (the happenning)
I do want to watch this one though..looks fun.

simmode1
07-11-2010, 10:08 PM
its at the very least woth downloading.
I was thinking I'll wait for it to hit the torrents too... but you never exactly how bad it is until you see the source material. For example, if someone who had never seen DBZ told me that DragonBall Evolution was at least worth a download, I would b*tchslap them - cuz it ain't.