PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Droid X

kandyflip445
06-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Anyone else getting this one? I've been waiting for a phone with a big screen to drop on Verizon that came with Android.

Droid Does | The Next Generation of Does by Verizon Wireless (http://phones.verizonwireless.com/droid/x/)

Motorola DROID X MB810 (Xtreme/Shadow) Pre-Release Thread Part 3 - Information Only (http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1653069-Motorola-DROID-X-MB810-(Xtreme-Shadow)-Pre-Release-Thread-Part-3-Information-Only)

Exclusive: Motorola Droid X preview -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/15/exclusive-motorola-droid-x-preview/)

Forgot to add some info for the lazy.

4.3" screen
1GHz Processor with higher benchmarks (much higher) than the Snapdragon in the Incredible
720p video capture
HDMI video out
~9mm thick
Android 2.1 (some think 2.2) with new version of Moto BLUR
FM radio
Flash 10.1
DivX <what!?

Official announcement is set for the 23rd of this month, a day before the Iphone 4 goes on sale.
Expected to go on sale on July 19th.

DALAZ_68
06-18-2010, 12:03 AM
no qwerty...auto fail

apex
06-18-2010, 12:24 AM
i would go with the iphone doesnt the new iphone come with Android
and the pre order was on the 15 sold out already like within hours

i have the moto cliq i think it kinda sux

Om1kron
06-18-2010, 01:04 AM
no qwerty...auto fail

Droid x is pretty legit Steve, even with your sausage fingers.

nismo 240sx
06-18-2010, 01:11 AM
i would go with the iphone doesnt the new iphone come with Android
and the pre order was on the 15 sold out already like within hours

i have the moto cliq i think it kinda sux

i phone come with android?? there competitors....

apex
06-18-2010, 01:58 AM
oyea no i found it it was a hack to run android on the iphone never mind
i still like the iphone its so smooth

udon!
06-18-2010, 02:23 AM
no qwerty...auto fail

I fucking HATE touchscreens. PO-FUCKING-S.

Om1kron
06-18-2010, 03:18 AM
this touch screen will recognize dual inputs watch the engadget preview of the phone. I think it's pretty boss.

TeamFRAT
06-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Seriously....are cell phone technologies changing f&^%king weekly?

It seems like every few days something new comes out.

sub9lulu
06-18-2010, 08:52 AM
i'd buy if it comes with US GSM 3g band @ under $400

DALAZ_68
06-18-2010, 10:03 AM
Droid x is pretty legit Steve, even with your sausage fingers.

highly doubt it...it fails during drunk txt for me...:eek3:
i can close my eyes and be drunk and type pretty damn well on my phone qwerty without looking...not so well with iphone or any other digi keypad...

I fucking HATE touchscreens. PO-FUCKING-S.
^that

this touch screen will recognize dual inputs watch the engadget preview of the phone. I think it's pretty boss.
still not sold sir...

Seriously....are cell phone technologies changing f&^%king weekly?

It seems like every few days something new comes out.

welcome to reality, were have you been...lol

everyone is competing for the spots...so the hussle wat they can to be were there at...

TeamFRAT
06-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech grows fast, I totally understand that. But it seemed like it was 6-8 months with cell phones. Now seems to switch 1-2 months!

craziness...

sub9lulu
06-18-2010, 12:25 PM
driod 2 = da bettah

http://cache-02.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2010/06/drioid_2_7.jpg

kandyflip445
06-18-2010, 09:07 PM
On Android you can use the speech-to-text feature. Works really well unless you're one of those people that say "uh" and "ummm" a lot.

I can't wait to get this phone. I like my Droid but I never use the qwerty and I have always wanted a REALLY big screen on a phone since I saw the Archos. I thought to myself, "This would be badass as a phone." And now they're pretty much making it. lol

thestreetzking
06-28-2010, 07:45 PM
also has swipe texting, no removing the finger. Has anyone actually used a phone with this feature??

Im first on the list at my nearest verizon. will have july 15th.

theicecreamdan
06-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Didn't wait for it. I'm on my droid now

TravisSW
06-28-2010, 09:24 PM
I was going to get the Incredible, but I'm deciding to wait for the X. It's time for an upgrade. Had my phone for 2-3 years and it's falling apart.

Outside screen is cracked, only can hear people on speaker phone, charging port is busted, dirt inside the camera lense and yeaaah.

R_G
06-29-2010, 03:44 PM
The Droid X is not for everybody. The cool thing ABOUT the X is the HDMI OUT. The screen is huge but not very practical for some people. BUT Motorolas phones always last for a long time, good materials not like htc's and some of apples products that don't work out of the box.

kandyflip445
06-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Didn't wait for it. I'm on my droid now

Too bad the Droid 2 comes out right after the Droid X.....lol. Great phone though, it's what I have right now too. Root it and get setcpu to overclock it. I have mine running at 1.2Ghz and it still lasts a full day with heavy use.

DALAZ_68
07-01-2010, 10:56 AM
driod 2 = da bettah

http://cache-02.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2010/06/drioid_2_7.jpg

OMG OMG OMG OMG i want i want iwant

that keyboard looks exactly like my current XV6800

ill wait for Droid 2...:hide:

i think im over the big screen even b4 i got it...it just not really practical to me...

also has swipe texting, no removing the finger. Has anyone actually used a phone with this feature??

yeah...ive tried it...not a fan either...lol...its a kewl concept and kinda cool for driving, but really, i dont bother driving and txting...love Cali...lol

The Droid X is not for everybody. The cool thing ABOUT the X is the HDMI OUT. The screen is huge but not very practical for some people. BUT Motorolas phones always last for a long time, good materials not like htc's and some of apples products that don't work out of the box.

woah woah woah... my HTC Xv6800 is 3 fucken years old and still running like a champ, even after a drop from 2 floors up, and constant ddrops to floor...lol

its a champ...last alot better than my XV6700 by UTStarcom...

its currently running on 6.5 WM and handling it like a champ...

the droid 2 though, looks like a perfect replacement, im not tech savy to the point that i need to over clock it, unless it helps with streaming YT vids...if it does, sign me up...but my phone is mainly a txt and email whore...internet and video streaming...im not tryin to hack Norad...

kandyflip445
07-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Ugh. I can't stand the WM 6.5 OS. I'm hoping WM 7 is much better.

Anyone pre-ordered on of these yet? I have had mine in since they were available. lol

TravisSW
07-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Droid 2 eta - September

thestreetzking
07-02-2010, 03:46 PM
I have a bb storm right now and everyday I wanna throw it through a wall. the bb browser is a joke, im using opera mini which is nice but im getting sick of this phone. I cant wait for this droid..