PDA

View Full Version : Millions of Americans are going to prison, its so sad...

doriftokouki
07-19-2003, 10:50 AM
http://www.msnbc.com/modules/exports/ct_infobeat.asp?/news/940397.asp

:D Everyone and there brother dowloads music, I guess there all going to jail.

doriftokouki
07-19-2003, 12:44 PM
From what I understand, downloading music is not yet illegal, but if you have copyrighted material on your PC and you are sharing it, then sharing it is illegal without the consent of the copyright owners. I usa Kazaa, and What I did for myself is on kazaa you can go to: Tools/Options/Traffic/and then you click the box that says, "Disable sharing files with other kazaa media desktop users" and then click apply, and you will not be sharing anymore files.

Rennen
07-19-2003, 12:55 PM
You are giving in for sure, the whole point of this is to make an example of a couple people and try to scare off the rest. I got a nice kind email from Sony a couple years ago saying something about $250,000 and jail for 6 years blah blah blah, but the truth is that poor people like myself who accidently shared music without their knowledge( :D ) don't have money.

If Sony were to pursue their case with me, they would have only gotten $3,000 MAX, because thats all I had. And I guarantee that a Sony lawyer costs waaaaayyy more than that not to mention the other costs associated with a court case.

As long as you don't openly fight them or try to say you are right, there will be no jail.

DISCLAIMER: this story has been purely fictional, and I would never share music because thats illegal;)

NZO
07-19-2003, 12:58 PM
Im sorry to dissapoint RIAA but no one will ever go to jail for any of this.

SilviaDriver
07-19-2003, 03:15 PM
before all i did was take out the things i downloaded and moved them to a new folder. i have shared files..2..both are updates of kazaa HAHAHAHA

plus now..my version is so freaken old..they wont even let me connect most of the time. so eh

nocomedown
07-19-2003, 03:42 PM
notice how it's backed by the democrats:rolleyes:

ca18guy
07-19-2003, 04:40 PM
Bah no one likes my music anyway so I'll keep sharing on Kazaa. The new Kazaa lite blocks your IP from the RIAA anyway :D

sykikchimp
07-19-2003, 06:50 PM
Fu(K'em.. thats the biggest pile of steaming horse sh1t I've ever read.