PDA

View Full Version : Smoked/Tinted Lights legal or illegal?

LeftNutOfGowd
06-08-2010, 09:04 AM
So I been researching it for about 3 hours now and I cant get a straight answer some people say its illegal to get them and other say you can as long as you can see your break lights from between 500-1000 feet and other say you can if you get reflector strips and put it on your bumper. So I wanted to see if anyone on here knows the answer or has them done and have run into any trouble. My fiance and I would like to tint her lil bro windows on his evo for his graduation gift but I know her also wants his lights smoked as well

sephiroth99
06-08-2010, 09:12 AM
I guess it depends on your state.

I know that here in Québec, any tint or film on your lights is strictly illegal.

So check your local laws, I guess.

LeftNutOfGowd
06-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Well we live in Orange Country California and thats where I'm doing my research on. I'm only searching in my state

gonshik007
06-08-2010, 09:18 AM
In NC and FL I have not had any issues at all! as long as they are smoked and are not blacked out, if you can see when you press the brakes during the day. you will be ok!

hOngsterr
06-08-2010, 12:32 PM
you live in OC? and you havent seen all those cars with smoked everything? lol

its murdered out yoooo! but in all seriousness.

yeah dude, i might be illegal, but i have not heard cops pulling over someone for his "smoked/blacked" taillights before.

as for windows you can tint as dark as you want, BUT not the two front windows (driver and passenger) becaaause its a safety issue with cops cuz they cant see you, so lightly to no tint at all in the front.

ThatGuy
06-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Well we live in Orange Country California and thats where I'm doing my research on. I'm only searching in my state

Then do it in your Regional Section, since that is where you'll get your best answer.

:lockd: