PDA

View Full Version : UGRENT!! car idling like a mofo

chiboy002
06-06-2010, 10:10 PM
yo yo, so i bought the car in early april. when i was driving it home it started idling bad, like from 1100/1200 to 400, dropping and rising while i was waiting at a light. I kept revs at 1500 with my foot on the gas slightly, didn't think it was more than the engine not being run for a while. i came home and it was all fine until yesterday.

Thursday i changed the oil, hadn't really drove it since and then saturday at night it started up again while i was warming the car up. Change of plans while i was warming it up, i found a ride as it was raining hard and didnt want to drive in the rain, so i put the car back and it started the issues (had not been idling wierd when i STARTED the car, only when i pulled it back into the garage)

Today, sunday, i took the car out to the drift spot and on my way, about 1/4 way up the thermostat do it was warming up, it started while i was at a light. It went from 1100/1200 to 200/300!!! it almost stalled because it was going so low, and it kept rattling like it does when it stalls.

Haven't gotten a tune-up yet because i havent had the money, but before i do so what should i look at?

S13 Matt
06-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Try cleaning your IACV.

chiboy002
06-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Try cleaning your IACV.

ill do that, looks like a bitch though lol

S13 Matt
06-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Its really easy to take it off. If you don't want to take it off I have seen people spray carb/throttle body cleaner down the tube the connects from the intake and IACV while the car is running. Im not sure how clean it gets it that way though.

chiboy002
06-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Its really easy to take it off. If you don't want to take it off I have seen people spray carb/throttle body cleaner down the tube the connects from the intake and IACV while the car is running. Im not sure how clean it gets it that way though.
some1 once said, if you treat your old parts like new, theyll act liek new

ill do it, TWICE!