PDA

View Full Version : Ebrake locking up

dalers08
06-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Hey zilvia I need your help. I just finished my 5 speed swap and I adjusted my ebrake via the bolt under the boot to tighten it up some.
Now, the car is a 1990 sohc hatch now 5 speed. When I did the conversion to 5 speed I bled the brakes. When I drove the car around the block it was fine, I got home and noticed the car wouldnt roll down my driveway while in neutral. So I checked out the brakes and now the rears were completely locked up, the car couldnt move at all. I had a mechanic friend come over and he noticed that the ebrake cables were seated wrong near the caliper and that when you pull the ebrake the piston comes out, but when you release it the piston doesnt move causing my brakes to lock up. How can I fix this? Do I need new calipers, rebuild them? What exactly do I have to do?
Thanks for any help zilvia! I want to get this fixed so I can drive my new 5 speed!!

buentellomma
06-03-2010, 10:33 PM
just had this problem, i tried rebuilding my calipers and it didnt fix it, had to buy new ones

chiboy002
06-03-2010, 10:49 PM
congrats on the 5-speed. bump cause my ebrake sucks

id say pull the lines off and try to put them on again since theyre seated wrong, but idk