PDA

View Full Version : gauge lights and tail light fuses keep blowing.

spartanmisfit
05-30-2010, 07:39 AM
Well at first my gauge lights worked but my tail lights didn't work ( brake lights worked fine). Than my gauge lights went out. So I replaced a bunch of fuses and all was good for a few days. So today I noticed my int. Lights fuse was blown again. So I put in a new one started the car turned the lights on and could hear the fuse blow. Tried again... same thing. My tails never worked. Not quite sure what to do here. Why would I be blowing these damn fuses?

spartanmisfit
06-01-2010, 04:53 AM
Nothing?
I'm puzzled

Om1kron
06-01-2010, 05:19 AM
you have a grounding issue. something is rubbing something it's not supposed to causing that shit to short out, only way you're going to find it is by tracing the wiring. better take it to a shop if you don't know shit about wire harnesses.

spartanmisfit
06-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Well I think you're right. The battery kept randomy dying and today the altenator died on me. I'm not good with electrical but don't want to pay some guy 700 bucks to fix it so I guess I should try to figure it out.

demonspeed
06-01-2010, 03:49 PM
if you have an aftermarket radio, check and make sure that all wires are covered. Had the same problem about 2 months ago and that did it for me...well that and the previous owners cb radio that was well wired LOL

spools420a
06-01-2010, 05:16 PM
exactly what om1kron said,you can eather trace the wire or re wire it but its a short.

spartanmisfit
06-02-2010, 04:01 AM
Awesome thanks! Gonna give it a hot tonight after I install my new alt.
Thanks guys!

spartanmisfit
06-02-2010, 04:08 AM
Awesome thanks! Gonna give it a hot tonight after I install my new alt.
Thanks guys!

zkrobs4
06-04-2010, 04:26 PM
My hatch had the same problem, it was a bare wire leading to the tailight grounding out inside the trunk. they are a bitch to find, gl.

miravete
06-13-2010, 12:35 PM
did you fix this prob yet? find the problem?

check in the front wheel well. maybe your tire rubbed against the engine harness and split some wires.

my friends car had the same prob. turned out that one of his corner light plugs came off, got cut, and the ground and power were touching thus causing a short.

his parking lights and gauge lights wouldnt work but his brake light would.

:)