PDA

View Full Version : Need more OSX developers for engine tuning

sean350z
05-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Been an Apple whore for the past 8 years and been through laptops running windows just to run tuning software (FcEdit, Motec) which is a pain in the ass. Got an iPhone a few years back and love it and have seen some beginnings of tuning software apps like Innovate wideband but it's not quite there. Jump to 2010, i got this wonderful iPad. It'd be perfect for tuning. Large screen, touchscreen, fits on the passenger seat...it even does your laundry.

So, does anyone know of any developments in the Apple mobile world as it relates to tuning...? It'd be the perfect platform.

g35gabby
05-27-2010, 09:05 PM
PLX Devices has an APP and OBD hook up for the Iphone. I would think it would probably work with the Ipad too.

s14tan
05-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Apple FTW. I love my MacBook.

Gnnr
05-27-2010, 11:26 PM
PLX Devices has an APP and OBD hook up for the Iphone. I would think it would probably work with the Ipad too.

Wow, that looks like the best route to go if you want to use your iPone/iPad. Try to get in contact with them.

http://www.plxdevices.com/

S7V-mOTeiM8

sean350z
05-28-2010, 08:48 AM
Those apps don't do tuning...they are just tools to help. I'm talking full out mapping of ecus. Rather than using some DOS based system or third party windows software.