PDA

View Full Version : help vlsd woes.

roughworld180
05-27-2010, 12:30 PM
oh god of nissans give me your ears....

im in the middle of finishing a s13 coupe build and need a diff.

i have
( 92 s13 case and open diff with axels and out put shafts)
( 93 j30 case and vlsd diff with axels and out put shafts)
now ive done all the reading and searching for hours and checked with my local shop to no avail.
it should be s13 case and cover with s13 ring gear on j30 dif vlsd
bolted in with j30 out put shafts and axels. ok? well ive done it a dozen times and read my specs and checked all the tech sections and fsm, but i find nothing. the long output shaft wont lock in. all the way and even if i hammer on a 2x4 the gap of a 1/4" is there between the case and the dust ring on the j30 output shaft. please it should lock in and seat all the way right? i am not supposed to use open shafts in j30 diff? right.? its not good for the output shaft to be out 1/4" and not locking in the ring? please help or if any one knows of a diff shop who has done this. or experiance with doing this. please let me know. ive rebuilt this over 6 times tring to double check. and it stays part out. thanks

roughworld180
05-28-2010, 12:28 AM
any body that can help? j30 diff into s13 case. ? one axel wont seat.?

roughworld180
05-28-2010, 08:40 AM
will pay for results. if any one can help illl make it worth it. and or pay if finished. the two shops ive checked at both said they know of the swap and just to "bfh it" not my style. please

Allmtoreg
05-28-2010, 06:03 PM
i had the same problem. i ended up using 2 of the shorter open diff shafts and they seem to fit right in

roughworld180
05-28-2010, 11:59 PM
open diff shafts in a vlsd dont work. they cant engage the inner gear to make it "lock" it would rachet just like an open. but thanks. anyone else. i have lined up the inner gears and used the long shaft to spline it first befor dropping the center into the case and checked the mesh. please r200 pros.