PDA

View Full Version : The Boondocks(season 3)

fcdrifter20
05-25-2010, 08:59 PM
I don't know if anyone else has been keeping up with the latest season or not, but so far its been pretty damn good.

This last weeks episode was the funniest, most racist(more so than usual) thing i have ever seen on television.....I LOVED IT!! LOL..Was any one else paying attention to the songs they had playing in the background through out the show, they were something else.:rofl:

For those of you who didn't catch it, don't be surprised if they don't let them come back for another season, based on just this episode...ya it was that bad lol

I love the Boondocks and i cant wait to see this weeks episode...Oh how i wish it was Sunday already:hyper:

satal95
05-26-2010, 12:29 AM
Love the season so far and yeah I was surprised they let episode 4 air. Cant wait for the season to be over so the unedited set comes out. But yeah I won't be surprised if this is the last season because of how far there taking it this season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHgPAxVp_P0

5:05 in the video is why lol

Kamburrito
05-26-2010, 07:04 AM
im waiting for it to come out on dvd. not sure if its out yet or not. i already own season one and two. it is THE shit.

IIIXziuR
05-26-2010, 07:06 AM
Yeah this is pretty hilarious so far. I'm happy it finally came back to A/S. It seems like it was off for such a long time. The animation is really improved from the past seasons.

simmode1
05-26-2010, 08:21 AM
I loooove Boondocks! I always hesitated to start a thread on it since i figured someone would inevitably say something that pissed me off about the controversial subject matter.

I have alot of high hopes for this final season, but so far I haven't been impressed yet:
-The first episode was more thought provoking than actually funny (which is all good).

-The second episode was alright, but I have homies who rap and identified with Thugnificent, so they thought it was hilarious.

-The third episode was a total ripoff of Samurai Champloo's baseball episode. But then again, since Aaron McGruder is such an obvious fan of Champloo, I guess you can call it more of an homage rather than a ripoff...

-The fourth episode... was funny and yet alarmingly insulting. Made me feel like I was watching Family Guy or South Park, which is good. You know that conflicted feeling you get when you know you shouldn't be laughing but it's really funny to you?

DALAZ_68
05-26-2010, 08:51 AM
-The third episode was a total ripoff of Samurai Champloo's baseball episode. But then again, since Aaron McGruder is such an obvious fan of Champloo, I guess you can call it more of an homage rather than a ripoff...

thats the episode i wanted to watch but missed...shit looked pretty intertaining to me...might YT it tonight...

MADE
05-26-2010, 08:59 AM
This season is way off the mark, so far I found nothing funny. The last episode was so dumb I didnt get to the 8 min mark. I loved the show, but so far its a let down.

tricky_ab
05-26-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm a huge Boondocks fan. I remember following the comics in the Source magazines waaaayyyyy back. Anyways this is the end for the Boondocks TV series (Season 3). Rumor has it that Aaron McGruder may return to syndicated comics, but there's no proof backing that claim.

My stand out episodes were the Thugnificient and last weeks kick ball episodes. I loved the ICT-T and Solja Boy reference http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif And when Thugnificient was on DJ Vlad?!?! Tooo funny...

(Artichoke) Crank dat: YouTube - BoondocksBootleg.com Exclusive: Sergeant Gutter - "Artichoke (Crank That)" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6hUY9dEJsw&playnext_from=TL&videos=bohkNldpC2s)

soulja boy would make something like this too

The references for the episode:

Ghostface addressing fans not buying his album
YouTube - Ghostface Killah speaks to his MySpace fans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnKGLVAKkXs)

Soulja Boy vs Ice T
YouTube - Soulja Boy vs. Ice-T (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA43vT3ZmbM)

Boogie Nights Scene
YouTube - Boogie Nights - Drug Deal Scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENN-t1yKWww)

And last weeks one was a big shoutout to Shaolin soccer and the Champloo baseball episode.

IIIXziuR
05-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Yeah the Kick Ball episode was good stuff.
The over dramatic pitches and battling was really well done.

And of course Uncle Ruckus just doing what he does best.

ILoveMyRHS13
05-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Damn, I fucking love this show, hahah.
08S4poMGvwA

That song is fucking hilarious.

fcdrifter20
05-26-2010, 10:51 AM
i love how when ever they do something music wise on the Boondocks, they find a way to some how incorporate all the rap beefs and other bs that going on in rap and hip hop.

Any one else notice how thats the first time they used that auto tune garbage for Thugnificient's songs...

Future240
05-26-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm sad this is the last season. It speaks so much truth in such a hilarious way. One of the few programs on tv that is worth paying for cable for.

Phlip
05-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Personally, I am disappointed so far...
The jokes are stale and feel as such. Joking about things that were new last year or the year before are not so great an idea. It shows that there was NOTHING done as far as new writing for this season, and that bothers me.
As someone who followed the strip in the source (I still have the issues in a cabinet at home), and through the strip (have them all on the computer and all the books) and following both seasons, I am angered that they DIDN'T do any new writing in the year that they were wrangling to even get the damned season on the air.
I hate to have to say it, but these jokes -- mildly amusing now -- would be fucking HILARIOUS if they had been told even this time last year.
I'm not giving up hope, but I have found it hard to keep my undivided attention on this season of the Boondocks, and it hurts worse that this will be the last of it.

fcdrifter20
05-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Personally, I am disappointed so far...
The jokes are stale and feel as such. Joking about things that were new last year or the year before are not so great an idea. It shows that there was NOTHING done as far as new writing for this season, and that bothers me.
As someone who followed the strip in the source (I still have the issues in a cabinet at home), and through the strip (have them all on the computer and all the books) and following both seasons, I am angered that they DIDN'T do any new writing in the year that they were wrangling to even get the damned season on the air.
I hate to have to say it, but these jokes -- mildly amusing now -- would be fucking HILARIOUS if they had been told even this time last year.
I'm not giving up hope, but I have found it hard to keep my undivided attention on this season of the Boondocks, and it hurts worse that this will be the last of it.

Ya, i know what you mean. Sucks it took forever to get this season on the air..and as you stated a lot of the jokes this season would probably have been way funnier if aired 1year or so sooner..:(...but we still got the rest of the season to see what else they came up with.

simmode1
05-26-2010, 02:33 PM
The references for the episode:

Ghostface addressing fans not buying his album
YouTube - Ghostface Killah speaks to his MySpace fans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnKGLVAKkXs)

Soulja Boy vs Ice T
YouTube - Soulja Boy vs. Ice-T (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA43vT3ZmbM)

Thanks, Tricky... I didn't know about the GFK vid or the Ice-T/Soulja Boy shit...

You guys are right though. We're getting alot of topical humor right now. This is like how 'In Living Color' was crazy funny back in the day but now it's all meh cause they had soooo many skits based on current events from 20 years ago...

soreballz
05-26-2010, 08:37 PM
I've been rather disappointed with this season so far.:-/

tricky_ab
05-27-2010, 01:35 PM
As much as I love Uncle Ruckus and his racist antics, I thought the last episode was pretty meh. The last episode I really like Uncle Ruckus was when he thought he was white and me Reagan in heaven.

Next weeks episode looks good!

YouTube - The Boondocks Stinkmeaner 3: The Hateocracy Adult Swim Promo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXq9eYNa3GE&feature=player_embedded)

simmode1
05-27-2010, 03:14 PM
^^^ Oh shit that looks good! Might be the first really good episode of the season!

OMFG!!!!
bjc_RqjOuPc

Damn! Stinkmeaner just clowned everybody in this thread! lol

lou's40sx
05-27-2010, 06:12 PM
I saw the Racist music episode, and it was stupid and not funny nor interesting. All it featured was black/racial slurs in a song. I find the American anime or manga style or play on the Japanese cartoon of the show is a joke. The japanese uses the cartoon to do fireballs and cool fight scenes. Boondocks just has racism/adult contents that has been played out in every day life. Anime should take you to a new world, and this show is a cartoon version of stupidity and racism in the world.

We all know racism, and all that, let's not kick a dead horse by introducing to kids that may watch the show and learn the language.
I didn't find the episode remotely valueable nor entertaining. No creativity and it simply talks about boring old racism in a non creative expression. The writing is not remotely close to SouthPark or Family guy, I dislike the episode and the show.

Kamburrito
05-27-2010, 06:23 PM
I saw the Racist music episode, and it was stupid and not funny nor interesting. All it featured was black/racial slurs in a song. I find the American anime or manga style or play on the Japanese cartoon of the show is a joke. The japanese uses the cartoon to do fireballs and cool fight scenes. Boondocks just has racism/adult contents that has been played out in every day life. Anime should take you to a new world, and this show is a cartoon version of stupidity and racism in the world.

We all know racism, and all that, let's not kick a dead horse by introducing to kids that may watch the show and learn the language.
I didn't find the episode remotely valueable nor entertaining. No creativity and it simply talks about boring old racism in a non creative expression. The writing is not remotely close to SouthPark or Family guy, I dislike the episode and the show.

sup dude, brian fong said trade ur aero bumper with my k's bumper

;) hahah , ON TOPIC, the show bases it's jokes on obvious stereotypes, and to me it's fucking hilarious, no offense because you are entitled to your own opinion, it's just aimed probably towards a different crowd with a different aspect. what you see as racism, we might see as pure comedy, well not the hardcore racism atleast.

tricky_ab
05-27-2010, 06:47 PM

Sure it has some jokes like that, but much more of it is just examining the failures of Black culture and making fun of it, mixed with some social-political commentary. But I guess South Park's writing is where it's at for you...and that's cool...

lou's40sx
05-27-2010, 06:52 PM
sup dude, brian fong said trade ur aero bumper with my k's bumper

;) hahah , ON TOPIC, the show bases it's jokes on obvious stereotypes, and to me it's fucking hilarious, no offense because you are entitled to your own opinion, it's just aimed probably towards a different crowd with a different aspect. what you see as racism, we might see as pure comedy, well not the hardcore racism atleast.

Brian Fong LOLz. That's funny racism there, good guy. I've gone through many Silvia bumpers, started to miss and love the pop ups now. Picked up an LE hatch shell last week. =)

With regards to the show, you're right. Everything has an intent for the right audience. Enjoy.

simmode1
05-27-2010, 10:18 PM

I find myself wondering if that was your first and only Boondocks episode. If you are unable to see the satire in this show, then yes, it is obivously not for you. I thought that Obama election episode made a very poignant statement about how many of us Americans (not just Black ppl) view the political process and that particular occasion.

The use of anime styled action scenes is an homage to the creator's obvious love of anime (especially Samurai Champloo) and asian movie culture... see the Blind Samurai of season 1 aka Zatoichi and Bushido Brown is on based Jim Kelly's character from 'Enter the Dragon'. Ragardless of this... this show ain't no anime, man. That would be like calling Avatar: The Last Airbender of Jackie Chan Adventures anime... It just don't fit.

If you don't like the show or get the point of it ridiculing stereotypes to expose societal shortcomings and forcefully prompt change through humor, that's cool. It's your prerogative. We just see things a little different than you do and then we laugh at them. Theres a time to be serious and theres a time to laugh. When Boondocks is on... it's time to laugh.

lewisfk
05-27-2010, 11:54 PM
That last episode wasn't funny, it was sad! It was so over the top that I feel asleep on it! Im pretty sure the ruckus episode will be the worst of the season! Looking forward to the rest!

fcdrifter20
05-31-2010, 11:48 AM
I don't know about you guys, but i was expecting a bit more out of last nights episode. I kinda went to bed a bit disappointed

simmode1
05-31-2010, 01:12 PM
^^^I didn't! Bushido!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!:cry:

By far, The Hateocracy is my favorite episode this season. Oh god... when Grandad threw Jasmine's ass down them stairs?! :rofl:

佩恩_
05-31-2010, 01:33 PM
funniest shit ever!

MADE
05-31-2010, 07:22 PM
Ok this season's episode 5 was pretty good.

fcdrifter20
05-31-2010, 08:42 PM
^^^I didn't! Bushido!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!:cry:

By far, The Hateocracy is my favorite episode this season. Oh god... when Grandad threw Jasmine's ass down them stairs?! :rofl:

dont get me wrong,I loved the fight scenes , but i didn't like the story behind it much.....

and yeah when Grandad threw Jamsine, then kicked Tom down the stairs was pretty funny shit

tricky_ab
05-31-2010, 10:44 PM
"Thank god for the polic....um...WHO SNITCHED?!?" http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif

That episode was GREAT!!! Too many funny moments. The 28 Weeks Later spoof was amazing, with Uncle Ruckus in the boat. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif

http://imgur.com/b85eO.gif
RIP Grandmaster Bushido Brown.

simmode1
05-31-2010, 11:07 PM
GrandMaster Bushido Brown: "Bushido Brown don't wipe his own ass..."
Grandad: "Um... are you asking me to wipe your ass?" lol

That 'Ni99a Synthesis' shit was retarded funny to me! And when that COMPLETE DISASTER popped up! Oh man. I lost it.

tricky_ab
06-01-2010, 07:28 AM
GrandMaster Bushido Brown: "Bushido Brown don't wipe his own ass..."
Grandad: "Um... are you asking me to wipe your ass?" lol

That 'Ni99a Synthesis' shit was retarded funny to me! And when that COMPLETE DISASTER popped up! Oh man. I lost it.

I knew early that this episode was going to be great. Once the "moments" recap came up from previous seasons, the episode was going no where but up!

DALAZ_68
06-01-2010, 08:49 AM
If you don't like the show or get the point of it ridiculing stereotypes to expose societal shortcomings and forcefully prompt change through humor, that's cool. It's your prerogative. We just see things a little different than you do and then we laugh at them. Theres a time to be serious and theres a time to laugh. When Boondocks is on... it's time to laugh.

seriously, if it takes someone to make fun of you to create change...instead of scaring you into it...why not...

this show makes me laugh wiht all the over the top antics...havent caught an episode yet of this season though...dammit... :zzz:

bardabe
06-01-2010, 10:13 AM
I knew early that this episode was going to be great. Once the "moments" recap came up from previous seasons, the episode was going no where but up!

my thoughts exactly, it was too great. also came here to pay my respects to Grandmaster Bushido Brown.

simmode1
06-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Funniest shit ever...
p7l3pbFiyQY

simmode1
06-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Haha! Young Reezy got tha Juice!

Was looking for a video of the newest episode and found this! Lil SNIP Lamilton Taeshawn was based on a real little boy?!
Masterzico.com: Latarian Milton Appearing on Boondocks Season 3 Episode 6 (http://www.masterzico.com/2010/06/latarian-milton-appearing-on-boondocks.html)
qcqOgnQyXp4

OMG!
JN5EJDa8DPw&NR=1

HOLY SHIT! WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD ABOUT THIS KID!?!?!

soreballz
06-07-2010, 04:47 PM
^haha, that kid needs to be throw off a building. A really really tall building, leaving no chance that he can stumble away (only to be landed on by a crazy former school counselor).

J3123MY
06-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Lol. Anyone else notice the weapon from Master of the Flying Guillotine? I only seen that one episode so far on season 3. When finals are over ill watch them. Damn that kid is Gangsta!

simmode1
06-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Okay, I really need this lil SNIP to grow up and start rappin'. The second coming of Biggie? lol
Rmo0VdPpkDA
:faint:

simmode1
06-08-2010, 02:39 AM
Lol! Aaron is a nut! I thought that looked familiar!
fUlabjZVUyc

tricky_ab
06-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Pretty decent I guess, probably my least favorite this season (I still liked all of the references). Hell yeah Halloween parody, awesome fights and great animation.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif @ Granddad with the silver bullets.

tricky_ab
06-10-2010, 11:05 PM
YouTube - Shaggy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA6cP5eNtXU)

Another short clip from the new episode. I may have a new favorite character. :lol

tricky_ab
06-14-2010, 05:39 AM
Holy crap last nights episode was GREAT...

"Look."

"Fuck you.
Fuck the plane you flew in on.
Fuck them shoes.
Fuck yo socks with the bell on it.
Fuck your gay ass Harry Potter accent.
Fuck them cheap ass cigars.
Fuck your Yuckmouth teeth.
Fuck your Hairpiece.
Fuck yo Chocolate.
Fuck Guy Ritchie
Fuck Prince William.
Fuck the Queen.

This is America, my president is black and my lambo is blue nigga.

Now get the fuck out my hotel room, and if I see you in the street I'm slappin the shit out of you."

Quote of the year! Oh and the State Property, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx skit/reference = brilliant

DenkiMan!
06-14-2010, 12:47 PM
that episode last night was so funny!! i started clapping for riley when he said that it was so great lol. definitely the quote of the year haha

soreballz
06-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Man... McGruder went haaaaard at Tyler Perry last night. I think he found his stride with that episode. I hope the rest of the season is this good.

Future240
06-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Hell yea he did. He ripped Tyler Perry 3 different assholes.

Z33dori
06-21-2010, 08:19 PM
i was too distracted to even know wtf was going on. Hope i catch it again soon.

tricky_ab
06-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Man... McGruder went haaaaard at Tyler Perry last night. I think he found his stride with that episode. I hope the rest of the season is this good.

I've got the episode PVR'd but I haven't watched it yet. I've been hearing good things though and going by last weeks episode, this should be a great one...

tricky_ab
06-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Thoughts from earlier in the episode:

- Good God, that breakdown of "Winston's" pictures was amazing.

- I will no homo yo ass if you keep trying me. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif

- Do you you renounce all of Ice Cube's works, INCLUDING Friday?!

- Is it bad that before I thought of The Rocky Horror Picture Show during that scene in the party, I thought of One Piece first? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif

- *Reaches halfway point* Holy shit vuvuzelas. BRRRRRRRRRRR! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif

- "Now I only give up the ass for Jesus... AND his ni**as." (Fuck, I lost it badly here. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif)

- Huey & Riley infiltrating the play practice cracked me up with Riley dropping like that.

- "Remember Fear Factor? This is my monkey testicle. No homo."

- The play opening day and conclusion was insane. Also, panty shots in my Boondocks, the fuck?

- The last scene with Winston and the car ride were the perfect wrap up for it. "And again!" http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Seriously, what the fuck is with this season. Every episode is almost dramatically better than the last.

tricky_ab
06-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Where's all my Boondocks peoples? Damn, this episode feels like it ended too soon! Again that was one of the best episodes yet!

One of the prison characters is an obvious reference to this:
YouTube - Lock-Up: RAW Booty! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxGldmdowhI)

Phlip
06-30-2010, 12:45 PM
The last 2 episodes have made it up for me so far, having EVERYTHING to do with my distaste as a black man for all things Tyler Perry on one part, and finally getting out of the way of stale jokes to be self-referencing in humor on the other part.
It remains to be seen how they will carry the remainder of the season, but I can only hope that it will come with more of what we've seen the last 2-3 weeks instead of those before it.

demonspeed
06-30-2010, 01:39 PM
LMAO the booty warrior! Tom killed it in this episode, lol! finally manned up! so far theres only one episode i dont like and its the one with the racist records...kinda took it too far but i would expect that with this show or south park maybe...and thats a BIG maybe

simmode1
07-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Episode 11 kinda hit hard in the gut to me! It's hard finding real love! I know this is supposed to be the final season and all... I was kinda hoping Grandad pulled it off and married that chick. Way to fuck up, Robert.

The chick that kidnapped Riley clearly had the boys scarred for life after that! lmao

onlydrinkkoolaid
07-18-2010, 12:17 PM
The Boondocks is so awesome because I feel I'm like uncle ruckus his character is the icing on the cake

demonspeed
07-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Episode 11 kinda hit hard in the gut to me! It's hard finding real love! I know this is supposed to be the final season and all... I was kinda hoping Grandad pulled it off and married that chick. Way to fuck up, Robert.

The chick that kidnapped Riley clearly had the boys scarred for life after that! lmao

lmao i was trippin out on that...i was expecting her to kidnap Huey but riley?! wtf lol! maybe Granddad will find someone else before the seasons over:wiggle:

that bathroom attendant was funny as hell. how you gonna ask for a tip when you didnt even do anything?

simmode1
07-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Riley: I vote we move out to Cali... I'mma be the first ni**a to be both a Blood AND a Crip...

:bowrofl:

tricky_ab
07-20-2010, 11:14 AM

Yeah man, that was a great episode! They just had to do this to him! And he was actually changing. He stopped being a compulsive liar. Shit, his new facebook is based on actual facts. Robert should have gotten the girl!

The best line of the episode was from Ruckus:

"The key to happiness is to eliminate all black women from your life. A white woman's body is a temple. A black woman's body is the temple of doom!"

DALAZ_68
07-20-2010, 12:03 PM

That little clipped made me cry!...lol

that bathroom attendant was funny as hell. how you gonna ask for a tip when you didnt even do anything?

LOL

Riley: I vote we move out to Cali... I'mma be the first ni**a to be both a Blood AND a Crip...

:bowrofl:

that had me gasping for air...

"The key to happiness is to eliminate all black women from your life. A white woman's body is a temple. A black woman's body is the temple of doom!"

Ruckus has his moments...this was by far one of his best...

tricky_ab
08-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Damn Tom http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Buffalo Wings =/= Chicken http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif

"I thought we were tag teaming on that ass old man" http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif

So many great lines in the latest episode. It really felt like it could've been made into a Boondocks Movie, and we could've gotten a Freeman/Dubois road trip out of it. Oh well.

I really hope they reconsider the whole "last season" thing, these episodes have been too good.

But I completely lost it with the Mad Max routine. Aaron wasn't kidding when he said that he was into "everything geeky" in one of his older comic compilations. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Oh and I'm just going to leave this here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZjOwCUQLfw&NR=1&feature=fvwp

simmode1
08-08-2010, 04:16 PM
I was dying when the ppl first found out there was no chicken left and some random guy roundhouse kicks the shit out of the intercom! I was like "Damn, that shit HAD to hurt!" And then you hear somebody in the back ground talking 'bout "I'll be out here all day! I ain't got no job!"

But LOL @ Grandad always picking up random bitches and hoes everywhere! He ah old pimp! lol

satal95
08-10-2010, 10:02 PM
I love how they have been using recent events with these episodes

The popeye's dilemma lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS3K91NOKYw

(I hate posting videos here) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS3K91NOKYw

I so hope this isn't the last season and they use the bus incident from earlier in the year as a skit or something

simmode1
08-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Satal, just put the alphanumeric code the comes after the equal sign from the web address inbetween the youtube caption brackets. That's how you post videos.

Episode 14 mashed up The Curious Case of Benjamin Button with The Color Purple! Shit had me dying! DC Curry was killing that shit as Mista Rukus!
uRr7BA8fWaE

God, I hope somebody makes a youtube snippet of the clip where Mista Rukus is telling Grandma Rukus how he's gonna celebrate when she dies and pour cement over her grave!:bowrofl:

tricky_ab
08-11-2010, 10:42 AM
wtf @ backbreaker http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif

That was an awesome episode! I believe this was one of the best episodes in the series!

I love the color purple references especially when Ruckus got kicked out the house. I thought it was just gonna be some shitty sob story like when that woman parted ways with Grand-dad because he didn't love himself but it was actually both sad AND funny as hell! This season definitely has the last season feel. Some of the characters are getting wrapped up :(

Phlip
08-11-2010, 10:51 AM
I love how they have been using recent events with these episodes

The popeye's dilemma lol
I so hope this isn't the last season and they use the bus incident from earlier in the year as a skit or something
Um, no... The ONLY mentions of current things are merely passing mentions of things that can be made without damning the episode itself. In such, I counted one all season, when they mentioned the oil spill in the most recent episode.
The Popeye's Chicken shortage thing was April of last year, as was the logjam at KFC when Oprah had people printing coupons for free grilled chicken.
While this season has had some hilarious moments, it is totally unavoidable that the pop culture references are ALL over a year old.
Yet, I continue to watch in hopes that they can find another home or better dealings with Adult Swim.

simmode1
08-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Episode 15... wow. Awesome season finale. Jack Bauer versus Huey Freeman!:aw:

I don't know what I was thinking I could watch this at work! I was cracking up so hard! The opening scene was retarded funny! Maybe because I had just seen the movie "Unthinkable" where Samuel L. Jackson plays a terrorist interrogator... but the torture scene here had me dying at work! Plus there was a quick Tribe Called Quest referrence... haha

They waited all season long to have a current event topic that was actually integral to the storyline and this time... it was the Iphone 4. Apparently, it saves lives! lol

I know this is supposed to be the Finale, but I have a feeling this isn't the end. It seems like there's some character developement going on with Huey. All season long, he has been depressed that his efforts to educate ppl and correct social ills have been ignored. I have a hard time believing that Aaron McGruder will just leave things this way... with Huey giving up. I'm gonna need a movie or another season showing Huey having some kind of positive revelation. Otherwise, I'm gonna get depressed too...:-/

Sidenote: Theres an Imola Orange 350Z in this episode... wtf? Awesome!

tricky_ab
08-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Stomp 'em in the nuts!

But damn, I can't believe this might be it for The Boondocks. :( It's been an amazing run. I would be ecstatic at the announcement of a 4th season, but if this is the last stop, it's been a good ride. Will be there day 1 for the Bluray, or Day 1 for a Blu Boxset.

high boost hero
08-18-2010, 06:48 AM
Are they up for download, its the only way I can view it in oz.....

Season 2 brought the lolz to the yard

simmode1
08-18-2010, 07:28 AM
I'll pm you a link...

simmode1
07-26-2011, 08:36 AM
Praise Jesus!
cxxRqbnSbVc

bardabe
07-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Praise the lord!!!!

tricky_ab
07-26-2011, 07:10 PM
NO FUCKING WAY!!!.......I thought season 3 was their last!!

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/423159_o.gif

I knew he couldn't end it at just 3 seasons. I knew it! Fucking awesome glad it's coming back.

simmode1
07-27-2011, 11:01 AM
^^^ROFL!

Also, you guys might be interested in this too:
8ku7AGHHWi8

tricky_ab
07-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Oh man I can't wait for that!!!

http://i39.tinypic.com/2vj8pld.gif

My friend had told me about it but I never really looked into it. I'll be checking that out for sure...

But more importantly, hopefully my man Sergeant Gutter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6hUY9dEJsw) will release another banger in the new season!