PDA

View Full Version : Beast or Piece?

sparticus102
05-25-2010, 02:35 PM
So im fixing to buy a sr20det s14 blacktop from my friends homie and i just wanted to know what everyones opinion was. For starters he ordered it from overseas with the tranny, wiring harness, ecu and the front bumper assembly basically the whole front clip. Well he's in the army so he has money so, he sent it to a local shop in denver to have it built for higher boost. So far what he has told me he had done to it was: new rods, lower compression pistons, pnp headwork, custom turbo grind cams from jim wolf and forged cramkshaft. Now i dont know too much about rebuilds but he said he would sell me everything i just mentioned for 2200. Now i know the s14 blacktop comes stock with 220hp and i wont be able to really guestimate have much hp it has now without a good dyno tune but, i would like everyones opinion on how much hp its holdin now to how much potential it can hold on this rebuild! So if i could get a few opinions on is it gonna be a beast or a piece i would like to know Thanks!

VNG704
05-25-2010, 02:40 PM
imo, a semi built motor like that for $2200 is very fair. You should take a look or get a friend who knows what he's looking at take a look. Maybe research the shop's work, like references, past work, etc... Considering everything he's telling you is the truth, do it. It has potential, but far from effecient reliable 500whp range. Like I said it's semi built and you haven't listed much so we can't really call it.

sparticus102
05-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Well i asked him if he knew how much hp it had and he said that he had it tested and it dyno'd at 478 whp with a gt3076 turbo at 28psi.

SxMachine
05-26-2010, 10:20 AM
Sounds like a deal to me. At least u KNOW everything thats been done to the motor.