PDA

View Full Version : Garage floor sealer

goodjuan
07-13-2003, 08:52 PM
I'm looking into treating my garage floor next week. I've been to use Epoxy Shield. Anyone ever used it or anything similar? I'm trying to get opinions from people who have actually done it. Thanks

Bill Roberts
07-13-2003, 09:11 PM
This is the stuff...ask them for a "sample quantity". They are used to selling hundreds of gallons at a time. I did my shop (when I had one) and it was great!..Clean-ups a breeze and it does not scrub off.

http://www.tennantfloorcoatings.com/products/products.asp?action=full&pid=587

240 2NR
07-13-2003, 11:54 PM
Yeah clean up on treated floors is great since it's non pourous, plus with a light color you won't believe how bright your garage and under the car become.

Seems to be pretty easy to apply and there are several brands selling it. Just make sure you do the appropriate prep work. I may talk to my landlord to see if he'll let me treat the garage in my new house.

thelinja
07-14-2003, 03:32 PM
I used the Epoxy Shield on my garage a few weeks ago. It looks great. I've already got oil, brake fluid, brake cleaner, and coolant on it and the stuff just wipes right off. I took some pics of my work.

thelinja
07-14-2003, 03:36 PM
Here's a closeup of the floor.
As far as prep goes, it isn't that hard. The kit comes with citric acid that you just mix with water and scrub the floor with. The only part that is a PITA is waiting for the floor to dry.

-E-
07-14-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by thelinja
Here's a closeup of the floor.
As far as prep goes, it isn't that hard. The kit comes with citric acid that you just mix with water and scrub the floor with. The only part that is a PITA is waiting for the floor to dry.

:eek: wow that looks good

azn_romeox
07-15-2003, 03:31 AM
I'm interested in this product too. How much does it cost for my application. Um... lets say 2500-3000 sq ft. The previous owner was a Boeing engineer so my gargage is pretty nice and :-D

goodjuan
07-15-2003, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Bill, yeah I emailed the company you posted and if I can't get ahold of a sample quantity i'm looking at the Epoxy Shield (nice pics linja!) or Griots... http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_3000&L2=L2_3080&L3=L3_3080&SKU=90011 Grassroots Motorsports wrote a really good review for the Griots in their kart vs vette issue. I'll keep you all posted how it goes!

thelinja
07-15-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by azn_romeox
I'm interested in this product too. How much does it cost for my application. Um... lets say 2500-3000 sq ft. The previous owner was a Boeing engineer so my gargage is pretty nice and :-D
Damn, that's a HUGE garage. Mine is only 400ish sq ft. One kit covers 250sq ft and it's $55 a kit at Home Depot, or Lowe's, or probably any other hardware store you go to. That info is for the Epoxy Shield that I used.