PDA

View Full Version : Newbie lowering questions

ZAKU
05-24-2010, 09:51 PM
I want to lower my s14 and I'm trying to figure out what is the most even way to lower the front/rear.

Should I measure height from the ground to the top of the wheel wells and have the front and rear the same? Or should I be measuring from the ground to the frame rails?

If anyone could post pics as examples it would be great.

iROYAL
05-26-2010, 09:25 PM
How will you be lowering your car? Shock/spring combo or adjustable coilover?

03redTuscani
05-27-2010, 12:51 AM
Most even way to lower, IMO is adjustable coilovers. You can set them up right next to each other and get them set exactly the same, then put them in. Most even way to measure... very hard to say. I'd probably find the flattest pavement you can and measure the frame.

RentonD
05-27-2010, 08:14 AM
Measure Highest point in the wheel well to flat pavement. Gives the visual effect of a horizontal line running straight across the car.

Also, check the FSM. Under FA (Front Axle/Suspension) there is service which gives you the Wheel-Arch heights. It has it both for base model wheels and SE 16" wheels.

onevia drift
06-06-2010, 01:07 AM
Most even way to lower, IMO is adjustable coilovers. You can set them up right next to each other and get them set exactly the same, then put them in. Most even way to measure... very hard to say. I'd probably find the flattest pavement you can and measure the frame.

^^ what he said