PDA

View Full Version : sr20det ecu fryed help me out

tf_90s13
05-21-2010, 05:23 PM
To make a long story short ecu fuse blew. The ecu fryed it stinks when i smelled it. Opened it and theres a spot thats burned. It was a 62, i picked up another ecu but its a green label 61. The guy i bought it from said its for a sr20det rwd manuel, all i could find about a 61 ecu is that its an automatic. I installed it and still the same thing wont start, fuel pump wont prime. The pump works because I ran it direct, and it still wont run with the pump on. Fuses are fine i changed the green relay with 5 diferent ones that I have and nothing. Coils have power, cas has power, fuel pump has power, igniter chip has power with the key on engine off. Ecu is sending code 41 (intake air temp. sensor) and 21(ignition signal). Does this mean its my cas. Anyone know how to test the cas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tf_90s13
05-23-2010, 10:45 AM
I talked to a buddy and he said to double check a my wiring. I check it out found a connection that could have been the problem. Fixed it and still nothing. I forgot to mention its a s13 hatchback 1990. Car just cranks and wont fire up with the pump on. Could it be the cas or the igniter chip. PLEASE HELP. I've been checking google but cant find anyone with the same problem. PLEASE HELP!!!!

nismolvr
05-26-2010, 10:12 PM
You smoke checked the previous ECU.You have a short , check wiring from every sensor.You need to check every power wire to ecu and every ground.Bust out your DVOM and start checking continuity to each pin on ecu connector.First Check for melted /shorted pins @ main connector at ECU.Ive seen people wire Maf wrong and its shorted fried ECU and Damaged ECU connector .best of luck.